Official Rant of the Day

Wishing her well!!!
Thanks man. She had about a day and a half where she felt pretty rough but last night she was almost completely back to normal. All in all it could be worse.

I hope it's very mild/asymptomatic and she has no problems.
Unfortunately she has all symptoms, hoping nothing gets drastic... I'm asymptomatic/not worth getting tested as the quarantine has started... Just hoping our little guy doesn't have any issues.

Appreciate the sentiment from you guys.

Got the text this morning that our family has cancelled Thanksgiving. It's the right call with 6 households represented but it's also my favorite holiday. I guess I'll have to do my own this year.

Unfortunately she has all symptoms, hoping nothing gets drastic... I'm asymptomatic/not worth getting tested as the quarantine has started... Just hoping our little guy doesn't have any issues.

Appreciate the sentiment from you guys.
Sorry to hear this, hope you guys get through it quickly!

Got the text this morning that our family has cancelled Thanksgiving. It's the right call with 6 households represented but it's also my favorite holiday. I guess I'll have to do my own this year.
My Aunt and Uncle who typically host are in quarantine along with my cousins, so we have been forced to adjust as well. Looks like it will just be immediate family and one Aunt, Uncle, and cousin :(

Wife tested positive for COVID! we literally do not go anywhere! she goes to work and home... ugh!
Sorry to hear that man. We're trying to figure out where our daughter got it from also.

I had a landscaping guy just call and tell me he tested positive for Covid. He stopped by here last week and gave me and my neighbor an estimate for filling in a sink hole in both our back yards. We were outside and more than 6ft. apart the whole time. I called the local urgent care about Covid testing. Because I have no symptoms, never in direct contact with the person, and outside, I’m low risk. So, my insurance won’t cover it. A rapid test is $185 out of pocket. That is just BS!

I had a landscaping guy just call and tell me he tested positive for Covid. He stopped by here last week and gave me and my neighbor an estimate for filling in a sink hole in both our back yards. We were outside and more than 6ft. apart the whole time. I called the local urgent care about Covid testing. Because I have no symptoms, never in direct contact with the person, and outside, I’m low risk. So, my insurance won’t cover it. A rapid test is $185 out of pocket. That is just BS!

I appreciate that, but wrong Wilmington! :ROFLMAO:
I did type in NC in my search....Daaa….Have a good bud member at Pine Valley and another bud who is member at Cape Fear.....

I don't even know where to start; yesterday was the most frustrating day at work I have had in some time. I realize this is a "first world" problem when people are contracting a life-threatening virus, so thanks for tolerating (not the word I am looking for but drawing a blank) this post.

#1 - site in London, which is an hour west having voltage issues and cannot get a motor to run. Have spent multiple hours on the phone with technical support to no avail. Colleague who runs the office is completely lost as to what to do. I tried to offer as much guidance as I could over the phone but ultimately will have to make another trip there today. I was hoping to take the day off and relax.

#2 - site in Toronto, (which is an hour east) basically the contractor cut every corner he could. I noted a major issue/deficiency in my startup report, and he didn't like that so my boss removed said paragraph. Got a call yesterday that there was an issue, drove there last night and discovered catastrophic equipment failure due to said deficiency. Called my boss to give him the bad news, and I could tell over the course of the conversation that he was trying to find a way not to fault the contractor.

#3 - another site that a different colleague sold equipment to called for startup yesterday. Arrived on site, and found all wiring was incorrect. Installer told me that they talked to somebody at my office who just told them to "use what's there". Called the salesman who I believe was the "somebody" and his comment was "the manual calls for 'x' type of wire". Nothing he ever does is his fault. He backed our van into the building, had a witness who saw it but to this day denies every part of it. I spent 2 hours fixing the problem (including climbing through the attic full of blown in insulation) rather than arguing about it.

I took Tueday off, and they had some new female driver in my quint axle dump truck.

She thought that that leaving my differential locked in was good thing for 215 miles.

She drove most of the day with the dash board digital display flashing a big orange warning, and differential lock warning chime sounding all day.

They found her on sitting alongside the north bound lane on N.C. 168 in Currituck with a completed smoked front drive axle and differential.

2 weeks out of work.:mad:

I didn't know what it meant........she said:rolleyes:

Contracted with a concrete contractor to replace the entiré driveway. When demo was almost complete he in formed me the driveway apron, it connects to the street, would not be done as it requires a permit. Ok....your a contractor , get the flipping permit. Nope, that’s over his head, he can’t pull it off. Now I’m trying to get a permit from the city and they are less than helpful. Fun times.
I’ll be contacting the state contractors license board and small claims court as soon as this is completed

this is not mean to be a age'ism comment.

i got stuck, on my way to work, behind someone that was going 40 on a 55 mph road. the road is only a 2 lane road and it goes for about 7 miles. sorry but if you can't go close to the speed limit, i think you need to start looking as to whether you should be driving.

Dear On-Line Golf Stuff Store,

When you run a contest and subsequently give or sell the email address I gave you to somebody else, who then proceeds to spam me: Guess what: I blacklist both your domains and never do business with either of you.

i got stuck, on my way to work, behind someone that was going 40 on a 55 mph road. the road is only a 2 lane road and it goes for about 7 miles. sorry but if you can't go close to the speed limit, i think you need to start looking as to whether you should be driving.
Has nothing to do with age. I'm going on seventy and have seen guys probably half my age doing that--usually as a blow by them at my first reasonable opportunity.

I know, it's not really worth ranting about, but I'm stuck at work and forced to follow The Masters on the app! Can't wait to get home!

Michelle Wie as a commentator at the Masters, keeps interrupting everyone.

good news quickly swallowed up by bad news. they voted for the kids to go hybrid for school...meaning 2 days virtual, 2 days actually in school and 1 day work by yourself (online really). that vote was Tuesday and then off course the teacher union goes nuts and now all of the sudden, just our county, is going strictly virtual the rest of the year. TOTAL BS :mad:.....teachers only care about themselves.

Rant is on how we spent over 100s of hours easy and well in the six figures of tax payor monies to make sure our schools were prepared for a hybrid program that would be safe to all and allow a choice to parents for in-school instruction to those that wanted and especially those students that greatly need personal attention in school (IEP AND 504 plans) only today to have our county vote to tell us nope they rule it’s too dangerous for school to be open. Yet, they say it’s safe enough for bars, restaurants, gyms, shopping malls, movie theaters, and everything else to be open. They had two meetings with all of us either in administration or an elected official to explain how safe school was and how the increase in Covid numbers was caused by the exact things I just mentioned, then not TWO days later have some epiphany and told us all the money and time spent was for nothing. And closed all schools in our county. Yet, all the counties surrounding us have decided to stay open.

This is a sad day for our youth, sorry rant over. Just incredibly frustrated to work so hard to make things right and safe, to spend so much money, only to have this happen. To hear and see children crying and parents at their wits end having no idea how to help is just incredibly heartbreaking.

how does the daily "black friday" deal end well before the day is over on CPO?????

Well never move to Florida, it is either the 10-15 under the speed limit people or the (even worst imo) the people that now decide stop signs and red lights do not apply to them.

Now this used to be a old people thing but not age had no bearing, I was behind a guy maybe in his 30's going 27 in a 40 on a 2 lane rd but in traffic so of course he is in the left lane and could not have given 2 sh!ts he was holding up the road.

Then I was going though a residential area with a 4 way stop that is wide oepn and clearly marked, I was 1st to the stop with a car approaching from my right and something told me to hesitate, which turns ot to be the right thing to do because this woman (again young) never even tapped the brakes and would have T boned me. I layed on the horn and fingers where displayed but all it did was make me feel better, really strange out there as I see a definite trend to people just not obeying the law ( well it is trendy right now).

Back