Official Rant of the Day

2020 strikes again. Straight line wind knocks down a 100 ft oak onto our house. We’ll see if house survives the night.
3AA57FEE-EC4F-4691-ABBB-0EEF9178736D.jpeg

2020 strikes again. Straight line wind knocks down a 100 ft oak onto our house. We’ll see if house survives the night.
View attachment 8974419
Oh man, sorry to hear/see that. Hope nobody was hurt and it’s a smooth and quick process to get everything put back together.

2020 strikes again. Straight line wind knocks down a 100 ft oak onto our house.
*Ouch* :(

We had a similarly-sized oak tree about 25 feet off the NW corner of our house. We loved the tree, but when it started showing signs that made us uneasy, and given that the prevailing storm winds here are out of the NW, we reluctantly had it taken out.

Down to a 6 person Thanksgiving. My wife can’t even come because she’s working nights (residency sucks!). 2020 can go away, please.

Cooper Discover tires suck. At least on my truck they do. My first set had a broken belt in one of them. The replacements feel like garbage as well. it also has one. No more Cooper tires will be going on my truck.

Cooper Discover tires suck. At least on my truck they do. My first set had a broken belt in one of them. The replacements feel like garbage as well. it also has one. No more Cooper tires will be going on my truck.

I had the AT3 on mine and they were good until tread wear got to about half, then they started to go down hill. Because I'm getting rid of it next year I just put on a set of Nankang Conqueror AT-5 because they were cheap and are actually snow flake rated.

Wife went from working 12 hour day shifts on Friday to 12 hour night shifts on Sunday and it’s absolutely brutal. Only 1.5-6.5 more years of this 😖

Wife went from working 12 hour day shifts on Friday to 12 hour night shifts on Sunday and it’s absolutely brutal. Only 1.5-6.5 more years of this 😖

Rotating shifts for that time, or did she change from all days to all nights?

Rotating shifts for that time, or did she change from all days to all nights?
They do two week blocks on various services before switching. And then it’s research every other waking second.

I ask because tthere is a lot of help out there on the interwebz for those who have to deal with the impacts of rotating shifts. My dad did rotating shifts for about 30 of his 42 years in a steel mill, and the only benefit I remember is that sometimes he could come to school events during the day. That grind is tough.

Got sent home from work to quarantine. Apparently one of my students tested positive, and having a double period lab section put me over the time limit for exposure. Although if it's the kid I'm pretty sure it is, he sits in the furthest back corner and I was never within 30 feet of him. Oh well, extended Thanksgiving break for me I guess.

Wife gave me the greatest gift of all COVID - no smell and no taste is terrible... feel like butt ... hopefully it gets better....

Still doing my pushups though!

Last edited:
Wife gave me the greatest gift of all COVID - no smell and no taste is terrible... feel like butt ... hopefully it gets better....

Feel better.

Hope you get thru it okay.

I’ve already done this with my wife and son but I still feel like I need another outlet to state.... wait for it...

MY INTERNET SUCKS!!!!

Need to get through my 5pm zoom call... probably on my phone.... then place a call to Comcast to cancel service...

ISP number 3 incoming

Hopefully you get through it ok. My wife gave it to me too. We still kept running through ours.

Get well soon!

Rolled over to my daughter's house this AM to assist them with lawn maintenance.....So as I blow the leaves in the back yard and all of a sudden feel a sharp pain in my hand...well continue on and whack my neck gets stung and whack my side gets stung...I hit a bees nest and never saw em….I get outta that area and continue on....about an hour later after I finish up the back yard I go inside and tell her I got stung 3 times...She says over by the Man Cave....I say yea...She says Yea we knew there was a nest over by the stones....Yup...I found it...

Staff Surveys.
3 hour meetings to discuss the results of the survey, how our department's responses skew the entire college's totals.
Realizing you somehow included a comment in your survey, that allows your bosses to figure out exactly which survey is yours.

For the 3rd year in a row, having none of your responses resonate with bosses that there are actual deep issues in the department.

Staff Surveys.
3 hour meetings to discuss the results of the survey, how our department's responses skew the entire college's totals.
Realizing you somehow included a comment in your survey, that allows your bosses to figure out exactly which survey is yours.

For the 3rd year in a row, having none of your responses resonate with bosses that there are actual deep issues in the department.

Gotta watch how much you disclose in those comments. I have very distinctive handwriting, and in some companies I used a PC to fill in my forms.

I maintain that companies would see better results if they said, "we are a benevolent dictatorship, command and control culture" and ACTUALLY ACTED THAT WAY than if they said, "Our associates are our most important asset" and trated them like so many replaceable parts. I'm fortunate in that my current employer generally plays nice. Everyone is an adult, and it's been really refreshing after working for so many inspirations for the pointy-haired boss.

Gotta watch how much you disclose in those comments. I have very distinctive handwriting, and in some companies I used a PC to fill in my forms.

I maintain that companies would see better results if they said, "we are a benevolent dictatorship, command and control culture" and ACTUALLY ACTED THAT WAY than if they said, "Our associates are our most important asset" and trated them like so many replaceable parts. I'm fortunate in that my current employer generally plays nice. Everyone is an adult, and it's been really refreshing after working for so many inspirations for the pointy-haired boss.

This year, 9 people out of like 25 filled in the survey, all online.
"Why as a department do you think there is poor communication from your manager?"
Because I never see or talk to my manager.
"Well your manager meets with Janitorial EVERY single morning."
Excellent, perhaps after his cigarette break outside of our doorway, he might actually be inclined to come speak to the other 3 people he "supervises" for the first time in 7 months.

Back