Official Rant of the Day

Hornets or wasps more likely than bees. Known nests like that really should be exterminated.

To whomever dropped those nails in the road yesterday morning, thanks. My tire didn't go entirely flat and I'm waiting to see if the tire shop will patch the punctures or not. I don't want to buy another tire... the nails are in the center of the tread so... they should be patchable.

But thank you! You should be ... <insert violent torture ending in their death here> ...:ROFLMAO:

Why do so many companies choose the middle of November to tell employees that layoffs are coming in the next 6-24 months? It creates ill will and motivates a lot of the people you want to keep to leave. It couldn't wait until January 10?

There is now a dedicated covid team at my wife’s hospital. This sucks.

There is now a dedicated covid team at my wife’s hospital. This sucks.
That sucks man. I was just talking to my dad and one of his good friends is in very rough shape from Covid. I have a feeling he won't be coming out of it. I just got off of a call with my boss and our sales team has been grounded for a couple of weeks due to the outbreaks in our areas.

Getting old hurts, my welder was out yesterday with a family thing so I did some work and we have a 32 lb sledge hammer called the man killer.

Every time I touch it my back goes out and like an idiot I picked it up twice yesterday and really just tapped on some steel to get it into place, yep this morning I was totally screwed with the ICE pick in the back feeling not to mention all the other pains from just working like a normal person.

Tried to play a round to try the New XCalibur Rapid Taper shafts in the nice cool 56* weather and could not turn at all, just miserable the whole time.

It used to be work twice as hard and play twice as long, now it is a battle to not get hurt taking a dump. Golden years my sore back, knees, shoulders, neck, etc. etc.

And I am in pretty darn good shape right now for 61, lost a few lbs, been working with the weights again...pfft nothing helps.

We were next in line at our grocery store check out. We were also "socially distanced," as we placed our items on the conveyor belt. After we placed about 10-15 items on the belt, the cashier informed us that our items were too close to the person in front of us items, that only one customer's purchases could be on the conveyor belt at one time! Being the wise a$$ that I am, I remarked that the items stacked in the aisles were not socially distanced from each other. The cashier gave me a look like I was a jerk for not understanding the conveyor belt rule! Will we ever return to normalcy?

Golf clubs by many major manufacturers have become very pricy and it does not seem a high price point always means best - I usually refuse to pay the full rate and get year old models, barely used, or in the case of PXG - substantial Veteran discounts; and believe there is little difference in performance at least for an aging barely single digit player. I will only pay full price for something substantially better and it still has to be normally at least somewhat lower than the competitors. I make a high salary but refuse to be gouged. Props to some companies trying to get a lower price point, but the overall trend is going up and model obsolescence is built in too quickly as well some brands. Will likely increase as parts of industry booming.

That sucks man. I was just talking to my dad and one of his good friends is in very rough shape from Covid. I have a feeling he won't be coming out of it. I just got off of a call with my boss and our sales team has been grounded for a couple of weeks due to the outbreaks in our areas.
My sister and her husband are in Quarantine because the gentlemen they pickup and bring to church has tested positive. Showing no effects so far. She is not sure where he might have contracted it, as he lives alone.

Reactions: KEV
I feel your pain, @jim54. I think it was something akin to what you experienced that made for such an abysmal time at the range for me today. I was alright with some drills with the 7i that required only limited range of motion, but, when I switched to the driver I had a miserable time. I may have gotten two decent drives out of some thirty balls. Hard to say, because I lost them in the low sun. All the rest were unspeakable fails. It was only after all that I realized I had no flexibility. Duh.

I may go back to the range tomorrow, but it's looking unlikely I'll try to play again this year.

I feel your pain, @jim54. I think it was something akin to what you experienced that made for such an abysmal time at the range for me today. I was alright with some drills with the 7i that required only limited range of motion, but, when I switched to the driver I had a miserable time. I may have gotten two decent drives out of some thirty balls. Hard to say, because I lost them in the low sun. All the rest were unspeakable fails. It was only after all that I realized I had no flexibility. Duh.

I may go back to the range tomorrow, but it's looking unlikely I'll try to play again this year.

Yep, it is something young folks take for granted (moving ha ha) but when you start sliding down the hill it is not just a bad swing it is no swing.

Thanks for the $8,000 error in the intermediate closing disclosures, home lender. :mad:

My sister and her husband are in Quarantine because the gentlemen they pickup and bring to church has tested positive. Showing no effects so far. She is not sure where he might have contracted it, as he lives alone.
Public health doctor here and prayers all involved.

i can’t stand apple watches. i’m sure it’s a fine product, but the people who finally stopped checking their phone alerts at social gatherings now have these watches and are back to doing the same. it’s such poor etiquette.

if you’re quarantining under state or local mandate, or under a healthcare providers advice, you get full pay. if your work is forcing you to quarantine, i’d say you have a strong case for full pay. you’re not the one asking for leave to care for an affected family member.

View attachment 8973206
That's the way I read it as well. When I rang them last Monday and told them my son was quarantined they said go home immediately and quarantine for 14 days as well. We'll see what their response is tomorrow.

My work finally admitted that they screwed up and will be paying me 100%, including the pay that was missed last week.

My work finally admitted that they screwed up and will be paying me 100%, including the pay that was missed last week.

glad to hear they’re doing the right thing. or at least doing the thing that someone else is forcing them to do legally lol

COVID is extremely frustrating.

Not really a rant. More of an embarrassment. That I just realized that 10 years ago my father passed away on this hour. Feeling a little melancholy right now.

Why does a Canadian company have more items on their American website than their home Canadian one? I'm looking at you @DormieWorkshop!

Yesterday, I cleaned up some remaining leaves, garden plants and dead flowers. It was a nice fall day.

Today, it was about four degrees colder and it was drizzling as I walked the dog. It felt like winter. Grumble.

I've not golfed since the CDA event, heck I don't think I've even hit a ball since then. Definitely need to get back at it, been far far too long.

Back