Official Rant of the Day

My wife informed me last night that our neighbors are coming for Thanksgiving dinner and the wife is a vegan! WTF! I am not making a Tofurkey.
There was a huge discussion on Twitter? about special menus on holidays. The generally accepted rule is if you have specific needs then you bring your own.

There was a huge discussion on Twitter? about special menus on holidays. The generally accepted rule is if you have specific needs then you bring your own.

We discussed this last night. She is going to bring a vegan appetizer and will have to fill up on our sides, and hope she does not get offended by our 25 lb southwestern brined turkey with spicy chocolate mole gravy!

We discussed this last night. She is going to bring a vegan appetizer and will have to fill up on our sides, and hope she does not get offended by our 25 lb southwestern brined turkey with spicy chocolate mole gravy!
Ohhhhhhh, that sounds amazing!!!

25 pounds! That's a monster bird. Need to see pics!!(y)

No PGA Tour this week and heading into withdrawal from fantasy, watching and following. Then it is pretty much silly season for awhile.

My neighbor next door at our condo has been super careful since Covid started. Neither him nor his wife have been in a restaurant since early March and mostly have their groceries delivered and have visited a retail/grocery store only about once per month wearing the N95 masks I gave them. He decided to go on a AZ golf trip with 3 old college buddies and of course now all 4 have Covid. His buddy from MN that came down with it first has traveled for work the last couple of months and didn’t show symptoms until the last day of the golf trip. My buddy is 58 and his only symptom that first showed up last Wednesday is a gravely voice. No cough, no fever, no loss of taste, no aches, or anything else. He decided to quarantine in a Scottsdale residence in for the next week or so which means he and his wife are alone for Thanksgiving.

It’s amazing how quickly a few routine tasks can pile up into a seemingly insurmountable pile of holy crap how am I going to get all of this done?!

It’s amazing how quickly a few routine tasks can pile up into a seemingly insurmountable pile of holy crap how am I going to get all of this done?!
But the end results can be surprising!:D

What's the address? 🤣

My daughter’s whole class is quarantined because some dumb ass parent decided to send her daughter to school while awaiting a covid test. Of course both the parent and the child are positive so I’m stuck at home until Dec 3 with my daughter. I am getting so sick of this crap.

Based on the success of shows like "Parking Wars" and "Live PD", I have a great idea for the next big reality docu-series:

"Old People Return S*!t Without a Receipt". Watch Gert hold up a 10 person line by trying to return her open-box camera she bought because it keeps "running out of memory" and doesn't have the receipt! Manager and Manager's Manager are no match for Gert and her willingness not to take no for an answer. But wait, there is always a plot twist...The system won't let the Super Manager override the prohibition on returning open-box electronics because......turns out she purchased it more than 90 days ago! See Gert turn apoplectic and pine for the good old days of Sears customer service once she hears that there is no additional managers to call, and the owner of Target is not an actual person!

So yeah, I had to return something today.....with a receipt.

Although I'm happy that my shoulder issue was diagnosed as bursitis and tendinitis, it still can be quite painful.

Based on the success of shows like "Parking Wars" and "Live PD", I have a great idea for the next big reality docu-series:

"Old People Return S*!t Without a Receipt". Watch Gert hold up a 10 person line by trying to return her open-box camera she bought because it keeps "running out of memory" and doesn't have the receipt! Manager and Manager's Manager are no match for Gert and her willingness not to take no for an answer. But wait, there is always a plot twist...The system won't let the Super Manager override the prohibition on returning open-box electronics because......turns out she purchased it more than 90 days ago! See Gert turn apoplectic and pine for the good old days of Sears customer service once she hears that there is no additional managers to call, and the owner of Target is not an actual person!

So yeah, I had to return something today.....with a receipt.
This gave me a chuckle, sorry it was at your expense. :ROFLMAO:

I feel so dumb. I'm at my parents' place in the mountains for Thanksgiving. Their driveway is stupid with ridiculous slope from the road all the way to the garage. I parked off to the side to allow the cars in the garage to get out and turn to go up the driveway. I backed into the spot, and in a hurry to go to the course, put the truck in reverse from habit, felt it roll and hit the gas to prevent it from rolling back into the garage and of course, slammed into the garage. The driveway is such an incline that the back glass hit the corner of the garage and shattered. So not only do I need a new rear bumper cover, but the liftgate too. I guess the bright side is that hitting the garage prevented me from flying down the mountain.

I feel so dumb. I'm at my parents' place in the mountains for Thanksgiving. Their driveway is stupid with ridiculous slope from the road all the way to the garage. I parked off to the side to allow the cars in the garage to get out and turn to go up the driveway. I backed into the spot, and in a hurry to go to the course, put the truck in reverse from habit, felt it roll and hit the gas to prevent it from rolling back into the garage and of course, slammed into the garage. The driveway is such an incline that the back glass hit the corner of the garage and shattered. So not only do I need a new rear bumper cover, but the liftgate too. I guess the bright side is that hitting the garage prevented me from flying down the mountain.
To be fair, that garage had it comin’.

While getting gift wrapping supplies out of a crawl space I turned and slammed the left side of my head into a sheet metal duct. Good hard whack. That ear has hearing damage and never ending tinitus, Besides the pain of the impact, the ear ringing jumped to hyper volume. The whole thing caught me by complete surprise. I was so angry I punched a wall. Haven't had that kind of anger release since teenager days. So stupid. I rarely get angry like that. Now I have a headache, excessive ear ringing, and bruised knuckles (icing now). Goodness sakes. :mad:

While getting gift wrapping supplies out of a crawl space I turned and slammed the left side of my head into a sheet metal duct. Good hard whack. That ear has hearing damage and never ending tinitus, Besides the pain of the impact, the ear ringing jumped to hyper volume. The whole thing caught me by complete surprise. I was so angry I punched a wall. Haven't had that kind of anger release since teenager days. So stupid. I rarely get angry like that. Now I have a headache, excessive ear ringing, and bruised knuckles (icing now). Goodness sakes. :mad:
My wife has tinitus so I know that can be a pain in the ass but punching something is one of my old reactions. Nothing worse then letting the frustration out only to realize how foolish it was. Feel like a total heel while icing your knuckles. 🙄
Thank God for old age and wisdom.

My daughter’s whole class is quarantined because some dumb ass parent decided to send her daughter to school while awaiting a covid test. Of course both the parent and the child are positive so I’m stuck at home until Dec 3 with my daughter. I am getting so sick of this crap.

Had the same thing happen to me but a teacher tested positive. Good luck with your work paying you what they should.

Our jurisdiction is coming out with tougher laws today to combat spiking covid cases. Not sure how they are gonna Legislate "stupid".

I have to say that I’m getting a bit annoyed that the default answer to poor customer service is “Covid“. I have nearly $2k worth of Christmas decoration Related stuff that I ordered Thursday and when I ordered it, I was told that it ships the same day. I need this stuff for Friday. Its been sitting in their warehouse with a UPS tag on it since last Friday and it was supposed to arrive today. I’ve called twice now and used an on-line chat feature once and no one will actually find out the real reason it’s sitting there, not getting picked up. All I get is the generic answer “its due to Covid”. WTF does that even mean?

I've pretty much had it with the issuer of a store-brand Visa card affiliated with a a large, multi-brand clothing retailer. This company issues over 100 branded credit cards in the United States.

Yesterday, I got a reminder text message from a company about a fairly large scheduled recurring payment using that card. One of those payments processed two weeks ago. I logged on to the credit card account to check on the upcoming payment due to them, and was greeted by a large pink banner saying account access had been restricted, with a toll-free number to call. We received no other notification of the account being locked. My wife called, and verified that all of the suspect payments were in fact hers. Because she had no cell phone number in her profile, they would not accept one and she had to hang up on the landline so they could call with a six digit verification code. She called back, provided the code, and they unlocked the account. My wife asked specifically about the large payment scheduled for today, and was assured the card would be active. Just to be certain, she used card twice last night, and it was accepted both times.

Today, I got a phone call at my desk at 1 pm from the same card company. The account had been locked for suspect fraud. That payment request, the second in a sequence of repeating payments, had been denied. So she called again. The representative refused to send a verification code to the email account we both use, the accoun on record in her profile, because the card is in her name only. The rep then said they could not send a code to my wife's personal email, because they could not validate it. Here is what they requested her to do via a website provided by the rep:
  • use a link provided by the rep to take a five second video of herself
  • send images of the front and back of her driver's license using the link provided
We were reluctant to do that for security/privacy reasons. We asked why we could not be verified with a phone code, and she said "that is not an acceptable strategy." We asked about the status of the two charges made last night, and she said there was no record of any purchases, even though they both showed as pending on the website. We asked to speak to a supervisor, whose basic message was that a) we were clearly bothering him; b) we should be grateful that they are protecting us from fraud; and c) "millions" of customers have used the phone-based validation. Further, he could not answer our question about what would happen to the two pending payments if we were unable to remove the account lock. I told him I support fraud prevention as much as anyone, but there comes a point at which the benefits aren't worth the hoops we have to jump through. I told him his requirements were unacceptable and constituted an invasion of privacy. He offered an alternative: instead of using the phone app, send a hard copy image of the photo ID (front and back) AND a copy of a utility bill by US mail. I explained once again that was unacceptable because of the provision of an entire photo ID. It was only then he said there was a third option: wait for a mailing from them in 7-10 days that would have a verification code we could use to unlock the account.

So my wife will now use this card only for some purchases at that retailer, and then only so she can get coupons and discounts. Over an hour of our lives we can never get back.

I've pretty much had it with the issuer of a store-brand Visa card affiliated with a a large, multi-brand clothing retailer. This company issues over 100 branded credit cards in the United States.

Yesterday, I got a reminder text message from a company about a fairly large scheduled recurring payment using that card. One of those payments processed two weeks ago. I logged on to the credit card account to check on the upcoming payment due to them, and was greeted by a large pink banner saying account access had been restricted, with a toll-free number to call. We received no other notification of the account being locked. My wife called, and verified that all of the suspect payments were in fact hers. Because she had no cell phone number in her profile, they would not accept one and she had to hang up on the landline so they could call with a six digit verification code. She called back, provided the code, and they unlocked the account. My wife asked specifically about the large payment scheduled for today, and was assured the card would be active. Just to be certain, she used card twice last night, and it was accepted both times.

Today, I got a phone call at my desk at 1 pm from the same card company. The account had been locked for suspect fraud. That payment request, the second in a sequence of repeating payments, had been denied. So she called again. The representative refused to send a verification code to the email account we both use, the accoun on record in her profile, because the card is in her name only. The rep then said they could not send a code to my wife's personal email, because they could not validate it. Here is what they requested her to do via a website provided by the rep:
  • use a link provided by the rep to take a five second video of herself
  • send images of the front and back of her driver's license using the link provided
We were reluctant to do that for security/privacy reasons. We asked why we could not be verified with a phone code, and she said "that is not an acceptable strategy." We asked about the status of the two charges made last night, and she said there was no record of any purchases, even though they both showed as pending on the website. We asked to speak to a supervisor, whose basic message was that a) we were clearly bothering him; b) we should be grateful that they are protecting us from fraud; and c) "millions" of customers have used the phone-based validation. Further, he could not answer our question about what would happen to the two pending payments if we were unable to remove the account lock. I told him I support fraud prevention as much as anyone, but there comes a point at which the benefits aren't worth the hoops we have to jump through. I told him his requirements were unacceptable and constituted an invasion of privacy. He offered an alternative: instead of using the phone app, send a hard copy image of the photo ID (front and back) AND a copy of a utility bill by US mail. I explained once again that was unacceptable because of the provision of an entire photo ID. It was only then he said there was a third option: wait for a mailing from them in 7-10 days that would have a verification code we could use to unlock the account.

So my wife will now use this card only for some purchases at that retailer, and then only so she can get coupons and discounts. Over an hour of our lives we can never get back.
You folks must love that card because, at that point, my next question is "How do I shut this piece of sh*t completely down, so I can start the 0% balance transfer process to another company and flush your card and your company down the toilet"?

You folks must love that card because, at that point, my next question is "How do I shut this piece of sh*t completely down, so I can start the 0% balance transfer process to another company and flush your card and your company down the toilet"?

We don't carry any balances on our cards We use them for perks, but this one will be rethought.

Back