Official Rant of the Day

I've pretty much had it with the issuer of a store-brand Visa card affiliated with a a large, multi-brand clothing retailer. This company issues over 100 branded credit cards in the

So my wife will now use this card only for some purchases at that retailer, and then only so she can get coupons and discounts. Over an hour of our lives we can never get back.
What's the store? Please divulge. Any company that makes it this difficult to do business with them deserves to lose business in my opinion.

I'd like to know. If I or my wife have one of them, we'll close the account and take our business elsewhere. There's no call for those kinds of semantics to go through for verification.

And I'd want to take the card and video it being set on fire in the front yard and send it to the company as verification.:ROFLMAO:

Somehow, I'm working Thanksgiving, Christmas, and NYE. Yikes.

Could be worse though, I'm lucky to have a job.
I've had my boss tell me as such... "you should consider yourself lucky to have a job." He was right kind of... and not right at the same time.

I'm sorry you're working the holidays. Did you have plans that you can maybe rearrange for earlier or later during those times?:unsure:

What's the store? Please divulge. Any company that makes it this difficult to do business with them deserves to lose business in my opinion.

I'd like to know. If I or my wife have one of them, we'll close the account and take our business elsewhere. There's no call for those kinds of semantics to go through for verification.

And I'd want to take the card and video it being set on fire in the front yard and send it to the company as verification.:ROFLMAO:

The issuer is Synchrony Bank. It is a Banana Republic Visa. We have no reason to be upset with BR. But they will soon know how unhappy we are with Synchrony, and how it reflects badly on them.

Depending on which article you read, Synchrony may be behind as many as 200 store credit cards. Some but not all are Visas. Here is a link to a fairly complete list (AFAIK):

Babnana Republic... here's what I'd do...

Close the Babnana Republic account. Tell Synchrony Bank to get lost... then use a different Visa at Babnana Republic that offers points and perks and such. You probably won't get the coupons though... but there are websites on the internet that have coupons on them.

Like retail me not. I think.

Some asshat decided to go for a joyride on one of Sacramento County's public golf courses. Did a bunch of doughnuts, tearing up 16 of the greens on one of the two courses, and the practice green at around 4:00 AM Monday morning. He has been arrested, but some pretty serious damage to the course.

71525f6b-1405-4226-87e5-4e212da6668f_1140x641.jpg

Some asshat decided to go for a joyride on one of Sacramento County's public golf courses. Did a bunch of doughnuts, tearing up 16 of the greens on one of the two courses, and the practice green at around 4:00 AM Monday morning. He has been arrested, but some pretty serious damage to the course.

Sadly will probably get a slap on the wrist

that is correct. Crazy right?
I seriously doubt that is policy. Safety comes first I spent my career around and in elementary schools as a child psychologist. The aggressive child should be evaluated for a private placement.

That looks like a drunken decision at 4 am on a Monday morning. That will be a six figure fix up.

That looks like a drunken decision at 4 am on a Monday morning. That will be a six figure fix up.
If he did 16 greens plus fairways to get to and from then it could get into 7 figures. We joked about someone doing this with a big dump truck at my course so they could destroy the already jacked up sprinkler system and force the to replace it.

That definitely sucks for the course and the golfers.

The issuer is Synchrony Bank. It is a Banana Republic Visa.
Depending on which article you read, Synchrony may be behind as many as 200 store credit cards.
We never use store credit cards. Our CU Visa card gives us points. My Apple Card (ok, I guess that's kind of a "store card") gives me cash back. Haven't shopped at BR in probably 25 years or more. So I think we're probably good :)

If a card issuer ever gave me that much trouble, we'd be an ex-customer within hours--if not less.

My s20 sensors aren’t pairing. Annoyed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a appointment for Monday the 1st to get the knee checked and most likely schedule the surgery, I have decided to just do it right away if he has an opening. Hopefully it is just a cleaning out of the rough edges and in a couple of weeks back to it with less pain.

Somehow, I'm working Thanksgiving, Christmas, and NYE. Yikes.

Could be worse though, I'm lucky to have a job.
Sorry to hear that, brother, but I appreciate the perspective. Lots of people hurting right now and want nothing more than just a job. 👊

That is possibly millions in damage if the greens have to be completely rebuilt. I hope they nail his ass to the wall criminally and in civil court. 😡

We don't carry any balances on our cards We use them for perks, but this one will be rethought.
Given the frustration with the two recurring payments, there has to be another option for you. I'm with @robrandalgz , I'd have told them to shove that card so far up ******. I wouldn't care if they gave me $1000 cash back a year with no conditions, what you detailed going through just isn't worth free money IMO. But hey, it's a free world and you are entitled to your decision.

I know this would never happen, due to "privacy" laws and "human rights" but they should put his name and address somewhere in the local paper. My money's on a few local golfers paying him a visit...

In our province, we are on Code Red Covid Lockdown.
No social gatherings of any kind. ZERO guests. Associate with people in your own home only (ie. people who live in your home).

My neighbor right now has 20 people standing in their drive way for a "birthday parade". No masks. Everyone hugging, laughing, close contact. No social distancing of any type.

This crap is why we have ridiculous covid numbers here (like the worst in Canada).
Our province where we had very few cases a couple months ago, is in full blown crisis now.

I was scheduled to do a remote assisted startup of a unit today at a local college. I set up my laptop, hot-spotted my phone and fired up my bluetooth headset. I set a personal record - I was on the phone with the remote technician for 4 hours and 42 minutes. Clearly I didn't choose the correct size eartips when I bought the new headphones, because both my ears are burning right now.

The best part? The SIM card they shipped for the cellular modem wouldn't link up with a Canadian tower, the BACnet card for the BAS to control the unit was defective, and the electric heater was also DOA. I get to go back and do it all over again!

In our province, we are on Code Red Covid Lockdown.
No social gatherings of any kind. ZERO guests. Associate with people in your own home only (ie. people who live in your home).

My neighbor right now has 20 people standing in their drive way for a "birthday parade". No masks. Everyone hugging, laughing, close contact. No social distancing of any type.

This crap is why we have ridiculous covid numbers here (like the worst in Canada).
Our province where we had very few cases a couple months ago, is in full blown crisis now.
I would call the local police department. And that's not being an ass, that's doing your civic duty.

I turned on this disc golf tournament on espn2 right now, a bit ridiculous that the announcers are using the same terms as if these guys are swinging a club as opposed to throwing a frisbee

I would call the local police department. And that's not being an ass, that's doing your civic duty.

True. $1500 fine for you, and one for you, and one for you.....

Rant of the day: If you or a loved one feel ill, STAY HOME! Lady at work has a sick son and she's been coming to work this week. He, of course, tested positive for covid. My mom works closely with her, so she has to quarantine because of possible exposure. We had to cancel Thanksgiving now. I just don't understand some people's thought process. Lack of common decency, in my opinion.

Stupid people.
Stupid people driving.
Stupid people driving like stupid people.

Back