Official Rant of the Day

Trying to get a refund for a flight with United. My dad was scheduled to have his kidney removed (cancer) but they canceled due to concerns his heart is not strong enough to survive the surgery. They will do more tests and potentially reschedule. I did buy trip insurance. I don't fly that much outside of work travel and have never gone through this process. It isn't as straight forward as I hoped. Just requested a refund and then apparently after that, depending on the outcome, I can make an insurance claim. Just getting to this point, I think the most frustrating thing is the automated phone crap. Please just let me talk to a human.
I hope it works out, very sorry to hear news of your father.

Just got a text from my sister and my grandma passed away this afternoon. We were expecting this as I got to say my goodbye this past Sunday when they though she wasn't going to make it. She's 91 so she lived a good life but it still just effing sucks, she's my last living grandparent and she was cool as hell. She always spoke her mind and didn't care what anyone said while she was smoking her cigarettes and drinking her coffee. She was set in her ways and was even a comedian at times like the last time she was in the hospital they put her on a no salt diet. First thing she asked when I walked into the room was "you got any salt?" LOL She will be missed.
Sorry for your loss @jdtox She sounds a lot like my Grandmother used to be. :cry:

I don't usually rant about to much but yesterday really ticked me off. My Wife, as some know, has several medical issues.

To keep a long story short, she was told by her Doctors the time had come for her to rely on the use of a power wheelchair
or some kind of scooter to help get around. Her Doctor's, not us, file a claim with our insurance saying she 100% needs one.
Our insurance calls us and says they will get the claim started but she must have an access ramp in & out of the house before it
will be approved. So I built a handicap access deck ramp up to our front door (on our dime which is fine). Insurance then
came out and approved it. Yesterday we get a call that she was denied the power chair by our insurance. All the dang money
we spend on premiums on a yearly basis and and when it's needed she get's denied. You kidding me!!

Oh well, rant over and we will get her a scooter. It's just that Insurance costs so much now and when needed, Denied!!

The ramp looks nice tho!! :D

Ramp1.jpg

Why do you think that 1 week after opening a bar that you'd be doing landmark trade and b*tch and say you're closing if the weekend isn't "great"? It takes time and advertising to get people in, not just wishful thinking. (This is a friend of my wife's bar that I am working at as a second job that I really need)
Where is the bar at? See you are located in Tallamadge.

Where is the bar at? See you are located in Tallamadge.

In Green, corner of Massillon and Greensburg. I know he's frustrated but he needs to be realistic about stuff. I left a reasonably good paying second job to do this and after a week he's talking about pulling the pin.

I love paying clients but, damn, some will test your last nerve.

Conversation yesterday:

Me: I need the documents by 9 am. I'm leaving the office at noon and will not be back until Monday afternoon. So, to get this done and out tomorrow, get me the documents by 9 am, no later.

Client: Sure, not a problem.

Text this morning:

Client: I had something come up and can't get you the stuff until 11. Is that a problem?

Me: Yes.

Client: Why?

Me: I'm leaving the office at noon.

Client: But, this really needs to be done today.

Me: I told you I was leaving at noon.

Client: I thought you would give me a cushion. You have before.

Me: Not when I've told you I'm leaving the office at a certain time.

Client: Why can't you help me out?

Me: I'm calling you now.

He doesn't answer.

Update: He finally called and said that he would deliver the documents to my office tomorrow and Monday would be fine.

Update: He finally called and said that he would deliver the documents to my office tomorrow and Monday would be fine.

gotta love clients like that

So I boarded my flight and of course there is an oversold situation.... guy finally gets to his middle seat and the person in the aisle is trying to get up to let him into the middle.... he continues to say it’s okay it’s okay I need to take my shoes off then proceeds to take his boots off and puts them in the overhead.... lets just say it went south from there as I couldn’t hold my tongue....

So I boarded my flight and of course there is an oversold situation.... guy finally gets to his middle seat and the person in the aisle is trying to get up to let him into the middle.... he continues to say it’s okay it’s okay I need to take my shoes off then proceeds to take his boots off and puts them in the overhead.... lets just say it went south from there as I couldn’t hold my tongue....

Oh man, I can only imagine what happened if you couldn't hold your tongue :oops:

Oh man, I can only imagine what happened if you couldn't hold your tongue :oops:
I just asked him if he’s always an inconsiderate D bag..... of course there was a bit of back and forth afterwards.... I’m flying with colleagues so I had to keep my cool.... ?

In Green, corner of Massillon and Greensburg. I know he's frustrated but he needs to be realistic about stuff. I left a reasonably good paying second job to do this and after a week he's talking about pulling the pin.
I had a feeling you were going to Say that one. That is a rough location and hope it does well. I’ll have to stop in one day.

I just asked him if he’s always an inconsiderate D bag..... of course there was a bit of back and forth afterwards.... I’m flying with colleagues so I had to keep my cool.... ?

:LOL::ROFLMAO::D

Yuck, that is gross.

WTH is wrong with people?
Stupid is as stupid does..... the mere fact that the person in the aisle was trying to move to let him in as he stood over her in the aisle to keep her in her seat..... then to step over her to sit in the middle..... I definitely would t be having any of that.....

unless it was you Frank! ;)

I had a feeling you were going to Say that one. That is a rough location and hope it does well. I’ll have to stop in one day.

Why is that? The last bar there closed because the owner got picked up by the Feds and they don't do work release. Let me know if you're going to stop in and I'll let you know if we're still open.

Drove one of my dogs out to a ranch north of town this morning. Ice rain. 25F. Insane ice conditions. Cars and trucks in ditch. A little cloud hit the north area, including part of the interstate. Emergency vehicles everywhere. Get back to town, all is good.
Crazy weather, and they say the pattern will persist in the foreseeable future. The climate change has more to do wih the earth's axle tilt then the global warming.
Stay safe out there, people are getting dumber ,too.

Today I had 3 of my people on probation arrested for Armed Robbery along with other charges. Two of them were from the same incident. The thing is I had told 2 of the defendants about a month ago that they should not have contact with one another and that each one was a problem for the other. Less than 2 weeks later they committed the armed robbery. Today they both showed up at the office together, but one stayed in the car trying to hide that they were together and just come in at separate times. What they didn't know was that the ink wasn't even dry on the warrants before the investigator had sent me copies. Neither one of them had a clue I knew about the crime nor that I had the warrants waiting on them. Needless to say they were both surprised when the officers came in and scooped them up. I knew something like this was going to happen to them. One of them I had been trying to reach without any success. The other one was pretty much a lost cause from the start (he had already been arrested and released for felonies 5 days after being placed on probation with me). Ya just can't fix stupid.

Today I had 3 of my people on probation arrested for Armed Robbery along with other charges. Two of them were from the same incident. The thing is I had told 2 of the defendants about a month ago that they should not have contact with one another and that each one was a problem for the other. Less than 2 weeks later they committed the armed robbery. Today they both showed up at the office together, but one stayed in the car trying to hide that they were together and just come in at separate times. What they didn't know was that the ink wasn't even dry on the warrants before the investigator had sent me copies. Neither one of them had a clue I knew about the crime nor that I had the warrants waiting on them. Needless to say they were both surprised when the officers came in and scooped them up. I knew something like this was going to happen to them. One of them I had been trying to reach without any success. The other one was pretty much a lost cause from the start (he had already been arrested and released for felonies 5 days after being placed on probation with me). Ya just can't fix stupid.

Ooooof that’s rough

That sounds like a tough job.

2 daughters, one in golf(10 yoa will beat me eventually) and a sophomore in HS playing soccer (taught her how to play) the HS'er thinks she knows everything.......WTF!!!!!!!!

I want to rant but I’m too tired to come up with one.

Wow
My daughter has been running a fever of 100.5 - 103.9 for the last 6 days. My wife has been with her to the doctor 3 times since Monday and they continued to say it’s a virus no medications. Today my wife took my daughter to the ED and they said the same thing...my wife fought for an X-ray and come to find out she has a pneumonia. Really???

wow ?. I hope she feels better immediately

Back