Official Rant of the Day

I am in the same wheelhouse as you, I sold a Scotty on Ebay shipped it and it disappeared for weeks, refunded the buyer and then it showed up delivered and the guy said, "Six for you".....

I did get Ebay involved along with a letter from my attorney and finally got paid, ended up costing money though
Same situation here and I'm afraid that's what will happen. I'd be off to visit that guy. Sucks for you don't cut it. LOL!!!

Same situation here and I'm afraid that's what will happen. I'd be off to visit that guy. Sucks for you don't cut it. LOL!!!
Interestingly, somebody else on another forum had that exact thing happen to him and received the same response. (I don't recall the outcome of that one.)

I've got some stuff I want to sell, but, given some of the horror stories I've heard from other eBay sellers I'm reluctant to go that way. I deleted my FB account, so no FB Marketplace anymore. Don't trust Craig's List as far as I can spit. So I might just end up giving it all away to a charity.

this person started said club and is the king of all. there is no hierarchy, (s)he is it. i have tried to reach out to him/her several times with either no response or a snarky one. the main problem is all the lackeys (s)he has. it is a fun group and (s)he has tons of people that love to kiss his/her butt....and (s)he laps it up.
I was in a similar situation, except in my case the person wasn't actually in charge, but they still acted like they were. Most other long-term members were afraid of doing anything without reaching out to him first, even though he had no power to say yay or nay. After we were able to change the operating methods of some of these long-term members such that they didn't consult him, he eventually took the hint and left the club.

Obviously in your case, based on the details you provided, the person is not going to leave the club, because they ARE the club. Sadly I believe that leaves you with one of two options: join in with the others and kiss butt, or find another social club.

Interestingly, somebody else on another forum had that exact thing happen to him and received the same response. (I don't recall the outcome of that one.)

I've got some stuff I want to sell, but, given some of the horror stories I've heard from other eBay sellers I'm reluctant to go that way. I deleted my FB account, so no FB Marketplace anymore. Don't trust Craig's List as far as I can spit. So I might just end up giving it all away to a charity.
I've never had any issues until the last few months. All the shipping companies are blaming COVID for the delays. eBay has been really good about it SO FAR anyway once they get involved. Luckily I've only had that happen once but I feel twice is about to happen.

Obviously you are governed by eBay rules, but in a shipping delay/lost shipment situation I would be tempted to refund 50% just in case it does eventually show up. Sadly, though I know the rules are written to protect the buyer, not the seller.

Obviously you are governed by eBay rules, but in a shipping delay/lost shipment situation I would be tempted to refund 50% just in case it does eventually show up. Sadly, though I know the rules are written to protect the buyer, not the seller.
You are exactly right. I told the buyer I had til Friday to issue his refund and that's when it will happen. Luckily he's in the same state so if delivery happens and he doesn't wanna cooperate I'll give him a visit. LOL!!!

my dilemma:

i was always taught to respect others but man sometimes it is tough. there is a person that holds all the power and if you don't kiss this person rear you don't get anything. i absolutely hate kissing butt. i have tried to engage this person, without bending over, but they have no interest. the only thing i get back from them is some backhanded snarky comments. killing them with kindness, without kissing butt, is not working.

what would you suggest?
Belittle them, publically, so everyone else sees how ridiculous it is to have to jump through hoops for some self-aggrandized asshat that should not only not be wielding their power as power, but to make everyone's experience more enjoyable. You can't be the only one annoyed with this person's behavior. Make a scene about not kissing their ass to get things from them as a member of the club. Bring up obvious previous failures and pecking order status being the only explanation for this person to treat people as poorly as they do to feel self-important over other people in a social group. Call them sad and pitiful, their actions pointless and egregious.

Even if they weren't actually treated this way, the people who hear it all now will assume this person is simply petty and suffering from little man syndrome. The tide will turn.

my dilemma:

i was always taught to respect others but man sometimes it is tough. there is a person that holds all the power and if you don't kiss this person rear you don't get anything. i absolutely hate kissing butt. i have tried to engage this person, without bending over, but they have no interest. the only thing i get back from them is some backhanded snarky comments. killing them with kindness, without kissing butt, is not working.

what would you suggest?

See my answer to @BigDill previously.

Today, work sucked. I really hate being dealt a short end of the stick with following through on a decision my predecessor made.

For reasons that can only make sense to a masochist, my homeowners association decided to place this giant bright light in the park right behind my house, and to topi it off, place it the exact height of my bedroom window. We have gone back and forth over the last month to try to find ways to make it more livable than being on all night, which resulted in the installation of a motion sensor. It’s had its bugs, but they have been trying to fine tune and make it work the best it can.

But tonight, tonight is just next level annoying. This has been going on for the past hour, with no end in sight. FML.

View attachment 8977197

Yep, that f*cker is getting the BB gun from my bedroom window. Over, and over, and over again. They'd eventually get the hint.

I'm just going to say it's going to be a long 4 months if everyday is like yesterday WFH.
Wake up, clean up, go to a second bedroom, work for 8 hours, ride a bike for an hour, have dinner, watch TV, go to bed, then repeat.

Didn't go outside once - This really could be a really "Dark Winter" if we can get out and socialize somehow.
I see people walking and running with Flashlights in the morning refusing to give in however when it snow or gets subzero, that is going to be out.

Funny how you don't appreciate your freedom until it's taken away. I hope I never abuse it again going forward.

Gah! I hate having to get certifications.

I need to get an MCSE by the end of Jan 2021 before Microsoft retires the track. Again. What a pain. I passed my first test. Just failed the second. Rescheduled to give me a few more days of study.:cry:

The wind is blowing so power is off in portions of San Diego county. We put a man on the moon in 1969 yet in 2020 we have a weak grid.

that is all

The wind is blowing so power is off in portions of San Diego county. We put a man on the moon in 1969 yet in 2020 we have a weak grid.

that is all
haha, that was so 60 years ago.

By the time i looked at the clock at 9:30, I felt like today had already punched me right in the goods. I feel like I'm barely making up any ground today.

Why should I have to give up my day to do your job then pay you for your mistake that I had to fix, makes no sense to me.

More of a heavy sigh than a rant, but one of the two courses I normally play has online reservations. For the last week, I've just checked to see whether they were still open. They were, until they posted a notice yesterday that today will be their last day for the season. It's also interesting that sunset is around 4:20 pm and you can book an 18 hole tee time as late as 6:40 pm. So outdoor golfing is offically over. Heavy sigh.

My daughter just asked why we couldn’t go to Disneyland. We always go this time of year. Convid is stupid.

I’m teaching an OBD II Inspections class and got zero hours of sleep last night!😢

My 7 yr old daughter has taught herself how to play "Baby Shark" on the keyboard.

:confused:
This generation's "Chopsticks." That phase will pass, but she'll always know how to play the piano.

My daughter just asked why we couldn’t go to Disneyland. We always go this time of year. Convid is stupid.
As a bigtime Disneyland fan, I feel ya, brother. Haven't been since October of 2017 and the wife and I had planned to go back this year. :(

After a week off without hitting a ball and a little bit of mirror work, it looks like my swing is back (or at least back adjacent). No rant this time!

Back