Official Rant of the Day

Please don't take this the wrong way, because I am sure your intentions were pure, but if someone did that to my dog, I would end up in jail for what I did to that person with the garden hose.

It's not the dogs fault, it's the owners fault, the dog does not deserve to be punished because its owners are irresponsible.
No offence taken. A responsible pet owner would never let it get to that.
The owners did nothing for years - I did squirt the dog when the owners were not looking and it was only water...

I had an issue once where I was out on Saturday Morning at 7am and my dog went nuts barking at a someone walking their dog.
My neighbor yelled out from his second story bedroom "Shut Up" - We shared a driveway.
So we talked later and he somewhat apologize for his outburst - I told him that if it was an issue, should have just come and see me about it.
I agreed from that point forward that I would not let the dogs out to "Roam" until 9:30am during the weekend.

Because my employer insists we are in the office, I have spent best part of 6hrs on the road this morning trying to get to work in the snow, but after 20 miles I gave up, rang my manager and said I was turning round and heading back to work from home

If they weren't so stubborn, I could have logged on from home this morning and done a load of work rather than being sat on the motorway in stationary traffic due to lorries that had jack-knifed on the ice and blocked the road

If you are going to order 8 coffees, two dozen donuts, three toasted bagels and a gift card go into the store; do NOT use the drive-thru!!!!!

I went to my periodontist in March (I rotate every 4 months between dentist and periodontist because of a fairly minor gum issue 7 years back). My visit is usually not covered entirely, and I was billed $92, $50 of which was my annual dental deductible. My employer changed insurance carriers on us June 1. So, I go to the periodontist again in December and now I have a bill for the visit for $67, $50 of which is my annual dental deductible. WAIT A MINUTE - our plan goes by the calendar year, why the heck do I have to pay my deductible twice this year?

Ohio is 🥶!!!

Had to go pick my son up from school yesterday to start a quarantine. Apparently a kid on his basketball team had to go to the hospital Thursday night with a 104 degree fever and was positive for Covid. He had been at practice that day a couple hours earlier. I just don't understand how someone doesn't understand you just can't tough it out and play sports while you're sick during this pandemic.

Had to go pick my son up from school yesterday to start a quarantine. Apparently a kid on his basketball team had to go to the hospital Thursday night with a 104 degree fever and was positive for Covid. He had been at practice that day a couple hours earlier. I just don't understand how someone doesn't understand you just can't tough it out and play sports while you're sick during this pandemic.
And what kind of parent would allow their kid with a °104 fever go to school and practices? Sad to think some people parent that way and put others in jeopardy. 😔

Cause a lot of parents are just oblivious to anything outside their bubble and don’t put together 2+2 = 4. I mean sometimes it can equal 1, 3, 7, 21. It’s maddening sometimes esp. to those that play by the rules.

I went to my periodontist in March (I rotate every 4 months between dentist and periodontist because of a fairly minor gum issue 7 years back). My visit is usually not covered entirely, and I was billed $92, $50 of which was my annual dental deductible. My employer changed insurance carriers on us June 1. So, I go to the periodontist again in December and now I have a bill for the visit for $67, $50 of which is my annual dental deductible. WAIT A MINUTE - our plan goes by the calendar year, why the heck do I have to pay my deductible twice this year?

It's precisely because your employer changed plans! On the old plan, you had a claim, minus your deductible, so the plan paid the $42 owed to the periodontist. On your new plan, you go to the periodontist, and you have to pay $27! That sound like your new plan saves you $15 a visit to your periodontist! What the hell are you griping about?! A first is a first!

🤬 Puppy gnawed on multiple sections of wainscoting while I was trying to sleep and wife wasn’t watching them. Now I’m wound up and need to repair the walls. :banghead:

🤬 Puppy gnawed on multiple sections of wainscoting while I was trying to sleep and wife wasn’t watching them. Now I’m wound up and need to repair the walls. :banghead:
If it makes you feel better, just went to go to bed and found the stupid cat had yakked all over the bed. 🙄🤬

If it makes you feel better, just went to go to bed and found the stupid cat had yakked all over the bed. 🙄🤬
Oh man I know that drill. Is it Friday yet?!

Ugh. At least my cats keep it on the carpet. Which will probably soon all be replaced with tile.

Long day of work and it's one of the 2 days this month that I have to be in office. (tomorrow is the second day.. Going to be rough)

Back