Official Rant of the Day

It sure is nice to get a letter from a debt collector for a 4-month old bill you've never seen before.

"It was either sent to this mailing address or your email." No, it wasn't. If it had, I would've already paid it, clowns.

I had this happen to me many years ago. Even before I had a computer. I get a letter from a collection agency that I am delinquent on a loan from my local bank, but they will settle with me for 50% of the total. I went to the local police station! He told me to call them and compare SS numbers! I kind of freaked and told him that I didn't want to give them my SS number! He said you only compare the last 4 numbers, and if they don't match they can't threaten your credit. So, that's what I did, and I haven't heard from them since.

Day 6 of the "minor" knee clean up surgery, I am a bit disappointed in my Doctor who I have / had complete trust in. He said it would be a couple of days of discomfort and only need tylenol for the pain (total bullshot), now I have the follow up tomorrow so maybe I will find out there was more wrong than he thought and it required more grinding, cutting, etc. but it has been a lot more than "discomfort" and I have a pretty high tolerance for pain.

Took the last pain pill last night and gutting it out today and hobbling around as much as possible to try and get things moving. Maybe it is just the old age making it more than it should be, here's hoping the end result is less pain day to day moving forward which was the idea pre surgery.

Day 6 of the "minor" knee clean up surgery, I am a bit disappointed in my Doctor who I have / had complete trust in. He said it would be a couple of days of discomfort and only need tylenol for the pain (total bullshot), now I have the follow up tomorrow so maybe I will find out there was more wrong than he thought and it required more grinding, cutting, etc. but it has been a lot more than "discomfort" and I have a pretty high tolerance for pain.

Took the last pain pill last night and gutting it out today and hobbling around as much as possible to try and get things moving. Maybe it is just the old age making it more than it should be, here's hoping the end result is less pain day to day moving forward which was the idea pre surgery.
Sure hope he didn't leave something in there...just kidding. Today marks 5 months since my reconstruction and it's been a long 5 months! :drinks: May tomorrow bring some good news and relief in the near future!!!

I had the left knee ACL rebuild about 8 years ago and it took a year to feel good, I guess I was just a bit silly to think it would be a week and back to it. The more i move the better it is pain wise, but it is going to take some time to be back to normal. Oh well it could always be worst and the golf clubs are not going anywhere...

Sure hope he didn't leave something in there...just kidding. Today marks 5 months since my reconstruction and it's been a long 5 months! :drinks: May tomorrow bring some good news and relief in the near future!!!

I had the left knee ACL rebuild about 8 years ago and it took a year to feel good, I guess I was just a bit silly to think it would be a week and back to it. The more i move the better it is pain wise, but it is going to take some time to be back to normal. Oh well it could always be worst and the golf clubs are not going anywhere...

Aw, you poor things! I had one of the first ACL reconstructions done in this area. And that was after I had torn my knee up 3 times! Before that there was no surgical procedure! You just drained the knee and did leg extensions to build up the quads, hopefully to support your knee. After the last injury they scheduled me for surgery. There were arthroscopes, but there was no such thing as arthroscopic surgery. The surgical tools had not been developed yet. Arthroscopes were only for looking around in there. I did that on a TV monitor along with the doctors! I'm not all that squeamish.

40+ years later, I'm doing okay. The knee will puff up and get sore on me on occasion, but I can't complain!

Praying for good news!

How easy it is to think we are still younger and can rebound easily. Will probably put away the softball bat for good as my mind doesn't pay attention to what my body is trying to tell me🥺.

Praying for good news!

How easy it is to think we are still younger and can rebound easily. Will probably put away the softball bat for good as my mind doesn't pay attention to what my body is trying to tell me🥺.

Follow up went pretty good, apparently the knee inards are in real good shape for my age. He did have to do more cleaning than expected but that will pay off in the long run.

He did remove a turkey baster sized syringe with a 3" needle of fluid which had a immediate positive effect.

Weeeeee more time in the recliner needed....

Follow up went pretty good, apparently the knee inards are in real good shape for my age. He did have to do more cleaning than expected but that will pay off in the long run.

He did remove a turkey baster sized syringe with a 3" needle of fluid which had a immediate positive effect.

Weeeeee more time in the recliner needed....
Thats great news and a lot of fluid. Rest and ice

So after a long drive we get to our condo and take arrow for a walk along the water. He got stung by something and is not real happy right now.

Changed out a motor mount on the wife's truck and already feeling the soreness from not turning wrenches very often anymore. My hands are on fire, the shape of a wrench never would have even entered my thoughts years ago.

Found out yesterday that a friend of ours has tested positive for COVID - she gets regular testing due to her job and had an inconclusive test earlier last week, then the follow-up they did has come back positive

Just dropped $500 on a vet visit... After dropping $600 the other night... Guess my golf equipment buys are on hold.
But your pet loves you.

It sure is nice to get a letter from a debt collector for a 4-month old bill you've never seen before.
I had some a##h##e debt collection company call me many years ago (some guy, same name, not me) and INSIST that I owed them money.
I said, "Not me, different guy."
They said, "Tell us your social security number and if it doesn't match, we'll leave you alone."
I said, "You tell me the social security number of the guy you're looking for and I'll tell you if it's me."
They said, "We can't do that. We're not allowed to give out social security numbers."
What did I say in return?

So after a long drive we get to our condo and take arrow for a walk along the water. He got stung by something and is not real happy right now.
Never fun when our 4 legged family members get hurt!!

Not really a rant really, but disappointment. I found out late yesterday that one of the regular guys in our group tested positive for COVID so he and his wife are now in a 10 day quarantine. They are not feeling great, but are doing pretty well over all. We played two rounds over the weekend and so I was directly exposed. Because the way the policy at work is firm I have to quarantine for 14 days from date of last exposure and can't test until the 10th day. Then if I am negative then I can return to work Monday after next. So day one and I am already bored out of my mind. I am grateful not to be sick and that I feel great, but it gonna be a long 2 weeks. And no golf!! :cry:

Eamon Lynch is really annoying.

It was -38*C (-36.4F) this morning.

Our paid plug-in parking at work wasn't on.
Went and asked about it. "It is on, why are you bothering us?"
Because it isn't on, can you go check.
"You were right, it wasn't on."

Might be helpful for the 100+ cars plugged in at work if the outlets were active.

Not really a rant really, but disappointment. I found out late yesterday that one of the regular guys in our group tested positive for COVID so he and his wife are now in a 10 day quarantine. They are not feeling great, but are doing pretty well over all. We played two rounds over the weekend and so I was directly exposed. Because the way the policy at work is firm I have to quarantine for 14 days from date of last exposure and can't test until the 10th day. Then if I am negative then I can return to work Monday after next. So day one and I am already bored out of my mind. I am grateful not to be sick and that I feel great, but it gonna be a long 2 weeks. And no golf!! :cry:

I was quarantined twice in 2020. Once because of out of state travel and once because several people in the office tested positive. I was not sick. I had to do 14 day stay at home both times. It was tough and I know how you must be bored. In addition to working from home, I did some cooking, watched a bunch of Netflix, read a couple books and worked out in my basement.

So your work doesn't want you to even test for over a week? Even if you go get a negative test, you can't leave quarantine?

So your work doesn't want you to even test for over a week? Even if you go get a negative test, you can't leave quarantine?

That is correct. They have this flow chart that they put together that directs how to proceed. Ironically they just had a meeting this morning and have elected to keep the procedures in place. Partially because they are paying me using admin leave and not sick or vacation leave. If I were to be spotted somewhere other than places deemed necessary then that time would be converted to annual leave and I could face disciplinary actions.
IMG_20210126_161108.jpg

Might be helpful for the 100+ cars plugged in at work if the outlets were active.

I bet most THPers have never had to plug in their car so it will be warm enough to start, lol. Cold here tonight but not not the -36F you had, "only" -14. :)

Changed out a motor mount on the wife's truck and already feeling the soreness from not turning wrenches very often anymore. My hands are on fire, the shape of a wrench never would have even entered my thoughts years ago.

Kind of neat! A few years ago, my BIL took me fishing for Smallmouth Bass on Lake Erie. They can get big up there! I caught exactly 4 bass that day, each one better than the best I had caught previously. On the drive back to my BIL's house, my hands began to ache. On the drive home, they began to hurt worse! After I was home for a while, I had to take an Aleve because the pain in my hands was so bad! Amazing what 4 fish can do to you!

It's time to move, Brad! hahahaha

Back