Official Rant of the Day

Motorists that enter the freeway at 45 mph into 65 mph traffic without ever looking anything but straight ahead when merging. I’ve been riding around a lot as a passenger with my 15 year old in the drivers seat and the only bonus is she is getting a quick lesson on how many bad drivers are on the roads. :)
Hopefully you’re not teaching her any new words!

no, no it was not. Thankfully some of it could be done home, but still, logged in and plugging away at issues was no fun. Back at the same issues today today. But at least I know there is no longer a rush job in and it can be a problem solved over the next 5-6 days. Although I'd love to get it done today and then only look at it in the rearview mirror.

I keep telling myself, "If it were easy, they wouldn't need us."

Last week, I complained that the global supply chain is the most ****ed up I have seen in my forty years in the petrochemical industry. Everybody I work with is overloaded with crises.

I'm less optimistic this week. I'm almost serious when I say we are one well-placed woodpecker away from plunging the entire world back into the Stone Age.

Ever think you’ve made the wrong decision with your career?

I’ve certainly questioned if what I’m doing has purpose. Firmly believe you need to love what you do.

I’ve certainly questioned if what I’m doing has purpose. Firmly believe you need to love what you do.
Absolutely agree. I made a decision at the end of 2019 & have been second guessing myself for quite some time. Just feeling lost in space right now.

February sucks. It is the worst month of the year. At least it’s the shortest.

Absolutely agree. I made a decision at the end of 2019 & have been second guessing myself for quite some time. Just feeling lost in space right now.
I second guess everything dude.
Every day!

Old Guy here.

Ken "The One Minute Manager" Blanchard said, "Whatever it is that makes you lose track of time, that's what you should be doing." I'm pretty sure he was not thinking of surfing the internet when he said that, though.

Reframmellator told his kids (and this forum, probably several times): "In every job - every job - you're going to have two kinds of days:
  1. "I can't believe I get paid to do this."
  2. " I can't believe I have to do this to get paid."
Everybody needs to find a vocation for which Type 1 days far outnumber the Type 2 days. If that's not true for your vocation, it's probably time to start looking.

When buying a car from vroom, carvana or vending machine, whatever you call them, CHECK THE FLUIDS, ask where the car came from. We purchased a new jeep from vroom in octoberish?? and apparently my wife has not used the windshield wiper fluid this whole time, I knew the car came from Nevada, so guess what?? The fluid was water. And frozen. So last night I sat in my garage with a hair dryer unthawing it.. Luckily the tank had been half full, so when it froze it had room to expand and did not crack the reservoir tank. Then I ran the front and back wiper fluid to drain the tank and fill it up with the good stuff.. :confused:

When I lived near Sacramento, the state regulators mandated for environmental reasons that only mountainous cold counties could sell windshield wiper fluid that was liquid below 32*. I had to doctor my windshield wiper fluid with isopropyl alcohol or bring it back from a colder city up the hill. I made the trek up the mountains near Lake Tahoe about once a week, sometimes in a sloppy snowstorm that would require a half a gallon of wiper fluid in a 50 mile stretch. Many motorists got stranded traveling to Tahoe from the San Fran or Sacramento area because their wiper fluid was frozen. Some of those storms made it impossible to drive more than a mile without fluid and I got caught with the wrong fluid a couple times in the spring and fall as the Jiffy Lube near my house had topped off the reservoir with the “green” fluid.

Unfortunately this morning in some parts of N. Minnesota the fluid that is good to -20* F would have not been good enough. ;)

First, if we have any dentist or ophthalmologist here I appreciate the work you do. However, dam even with insurance you all are too expensive.

I swear it is like just an automatic 200-300 every time I go, and I have very good insurance. Go to eye doctor and bam, new contacts would be 350 or a pair of glasses 350. Eye appointment 15, but let's add in that contact lens script, and bam it's 100 after insurance.

I can not for the life of me imagine how people without insurance can go to either. No wonder everyone is blind and have their teeth falling out. ;)

Ugh.

4340F454-274B-4C13-9E6C-B102F79FD95A.jpeg

4 words for you: Stay home! Keep warm!.

I assume that that is your forecast down in Oxford. Wow! I can only imagine that 5-8 inches of snow and ice would wreck havoc on your area. That's a routine forecast here in upstate NY, but we have snow removal equipment and our municipalities do a decent job plowing and salting the roads.

May have to fly to Salt Lake City tonight or tomorrow for the next week.

Does anyone know if they offer out of state groundhog hunting permits in Punxsutawney, PA? After waking up to this something has to be done about that furry menace! 🤣20210212_092232.jpg

4 words for you: Stay home! Keep warm!.

I assume that that is your forecast down in Oxford. Wow! I can only imagine that 5-8 inches of snow and ice would wreck havoc on your area. That's a routine forecast here in upstate NY, but we have snow removal equipment and our municipalities do a decent job plowing and salting the roads.

I will definitely be adhering to those 4 words.

The mere mention of the possibility of ice puts most here in a maniacal, losing their shot, WTF now, tizzy. An actual accumulation like that forecast will mostly shut down the town. You'll have the jackasses out and about but most will stay home.

Next week is going to be fun for the weather nerds. Siberian air into south Texas. Potentially a foot of snow in parts of TX, LA, and AR, and up to a half-inch of ice in parts of LA and MS. Extreme cold, and potential all-time lows in places.

Does anyone know if they offer out of state groundhog hunting permits in Punxsutawney, PA? After waking up to this something has to be done about that furry menace! 🤣View attachment 8993083
Man, that's very picturesque. Its nice to look at. On my phone. From Florida.

Next week is going to be fun for the weather nerds. Siberian air into south Texas. Potentially a foot of snow in parts of TX, LA, and AR, and up to a half-inch of ice in parts of LA and MS. Extreme cold, and potential all-time lows in places.

To our Southern THPers: Yes, this is the thing called winter that we from the North complain about incessantly. In all seriousness though, stay safe and warm!

Back