Official Rant of the Day

When you're bored and can't go Golfing.

1613191570394.png

Ugh. Winter is drunk.

01708917-6065-4B78-8A80-0F15D52CBBFC.jpeg

31D25162-3716-4DD9-BF09-414EC5FF3409.jpeg

Minor rant but I ordered something for my trip on Wednesday and paid for two day shipping so I’d have by Monday at the latest I thought. I leave on Tuesday so I think I’m good. Item doesn’t leave warehouse till Saturday and now estimated to arrive Tuesday when I’m already gone 😡

Minor rant but I ordered something for my trip on Wednesday and paid for two day shipping so I’d have by Monday at the latest I thought. I leave on Tuesday so I think I’m good. Item doesn’t leave warehouse till Saturday and now estimated to arrive Tuesday when I’m already gone 😡
I hate that when I pay for expedited shipping!

It’s part of the job, but it sucks. Wife had to work a random night shift last night. Worked 8am-6pm Friday, 7pm-7am Saturday into Sunday and works 6am-6pm Monday. How is that healthy??

It’s part of the job, but it sucks. Wife had to work a random night shift last night. Worked 8am-6pm Friday, 7pm-7am Saturday into Sunday and works 6am-6pm Monday. How is that healthy??
Ouch that’s brutal

I hate snow.

I hate snow.
I hate it more every year. I really hate it this year because me and my friends are probably not taking our annual Scottsdale Arizona trip at the end of February which really breaks up the winter, not because of some fear of Covid but because we all work and have businesses and just cant take our trip and then have to deal with the NY State quarantine rules when we come back. To make things worse already got my notification that my Apex 19 irons are en route and will be delivered tomorrow. Oh well.

20210214_091749.jpg

This hat is such a double edged sword. Love that I have it. Hate that I have to use it. :LOL:

Sometimes somebody let's you down and its a complete surprise.

Other times you just feel stupid for expecting any different.

I don’t get to watch golf because of the effing weather coverage!

8.5 foot ceilings everywhere 🥺

I really can’t fathom how the people in the north can live in the wintertime. We are getting a cold blast here and I want to move out of here. I’ve wanted to move to Arizona for years but my wife loves her family.

Sometimes somebody let's you down and its a complete surprise.

Other times you just feel stupid for expecting any different.
A fist bump reaction seems correct and inappropriate at the same time. Suffice to say I know exactly what you mean; I like to think that people will change and then kick myself for being so stupid

Well, we knew it would probably happen, but we have had to reschedule our trip to St Lucia again.....originally supposed to go April last year, then we put it back 12 months thinking this pandemic would have settled enough, but we had the call on Friday to discuss it and we are now scheduled to go in April 2022

Hopefully we will manage to get there next year

I really can’t fathom how the people in the north can live in the wintertime. We are getting a cold blast here and I want to move out of here. I’ve wanted to move to Arizona for years but my wife loves her family.

mosquitoes aren't bad at -23 ;)

My rant of the day... sitting at my sisters house and my brother in law says our company added 3 holidays to our calendar. One of those was Veterans day. I about went through the roof. All these people get veterans day off yet most veterans, myself included are not off. Im still pissed. A holiday for Veterans, and more Veterans work than are off. The majority of ppl off that day are not veterans. I dont go for free meals (unless my dad wants to, i will with him and we tell our usual army stories. Just give veterans the damn day off or remove it as a holiday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran's Day has been a federal holiday for years. You BIL's company just added it? That's odd.

Sorry you have to work that day. Thank you for your service!

I hate it more every year. I really hate it this year because me and my friends are probably not taking our annual Scottsdale Arizona trip at the end of February which really breaks up the winter, not because of some fear of Covid but because we all work and have businesses and just cant take our trip and then have to deal with the NY State quarantine rules when we come back. To make things worse already got my notification that my Apex 19 irons are en route and will be delivered tomorrow. Oh well.

The State quarantine rules are brutal. I’m usually in Tampa once a month for a long weekend during the winter. Not doing that.

Because we love the change of seasons so much! Honest, we do. Although, I have trouble convincing myself 😆.

People here embrace the winter with hockey, skiing, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, etc. Some of the avid ice fishermen I know prefer winter over summer. You'd be amazed at how normal snow and cold weather is if you grow up in it. We moved back after 20 years in CA and I'm amazed at how many people are walking, skating, sledding outside even this last week when high temps have hovered around 0*. That being said now that I'm older and no longer working I would prefer to be in FL and spend just an occasional week at a time in the snow, preferably at a ski resort somewhere out West.

People here embrace the winter with hockey, skiing, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, etc. Some of the avid ice fishermen I know prefer winter over summer. You'd be amazed at how normal snow and cold weather is if you grow up in it. That being said now that I'm older and no longer working I would prefer to be in FL and spend just an occasional week at a time in the snow, preferably at a ski resort somewhere out West.

I like to snowshoe and cross country ski and I have even run outdoors in the winter. Still, I’d rather be in Florida too. And I will eventually ( within 5-7 years) become a snowbird.

Back