Official Rant of the Day

My father started chemotherapy today. Now, mind you my dad is very “old school”! He doesn’t show emotion, never seen him cry, never seen him afraid of anything. My brother took him to his appointment today. He said my dad had a look of doubt/fear as they took him back. It’s a sad day when you find out Superman isn’t invincible!

My father started chemotherapy today. Now, mind you my dad is very “old school”! He doesn’t show emotion, never seen him cry, never seen him afraid of anything. My brother took him to his appointment today. He said my dad had a look of doubt/fear as they took him back. It’s a sad day when you find out Superman isn’t invincible!

It has to be scary, and we all have that day. It has to be hard on your entire family. A positive, upbeat attitude tempered with realism is easy to prescribe, but pays real benefits to any extent you can deliver those two things. Prayers headed your way.

Hoping for the best for your Dad and family. I remember when my parents told my sister and I my Mom had cancer. She’s now been cancer free for 15 years. Your Dad can pull through this thing, even Superman has moments of doubt.

How is this a thing?

Attachments

• 70BE16AF-D25A-4A1C-997D-C38F0EAA16A5.png
    70BE16AF-D25A-4A1C-997D-C38F0EAA16A5.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 19
And woke up sick this morning. Awesome

I'm meant to be back home in Sydney celebrating a BIG one with my twin brother...F(*& Covid.

More ice (and likely power outages) starting in 24 hours..:confused:

More ice (and likely power outages) starting in 24 hours..:confused:

Looks like we’re right behind you. Stay safe down there!

Both of you stay safe and warm. What a crazy stretch of weather for so much of the country. I am hoping everyone is staying warm and safe. Ice now know, ice is not fun.

They keep having to put warnings out over our neighborhood Facebook page for people to stop letting their kids play on the pond that appears frozen over, but is in no way solid enough to be safe to be playing on.

Plow came through approximately 6 minutes after I finished shoveling...

Plow came through approximately 6 minutes after I finished shoveling...

I know how that feels. It sucks! Just remind yourself that snow shoveling is an excellent form of cross training. :rolleyes:

7.jpg

Broken water pipe from the unprecedented cold weather in Houston. I have a broken pipe at work that I have to fix and my sons apartment got flooded from a frozen pipe the same day.

USPS. Waiting for a club, left Florida last Friday (before the storms) and should have been here Tuesday. No updates on tracking since it left Florida. Unfortunately I didn't have a say in how it was shipped because if I did, it wouldn't have been through them.

I have 2: 1.25:

I sold my AM2 Red shafts on eBay in an auction that ended on Jan 24 which was a Sunday. I put the shafts in the mail on Monday the 25th, on a six day service level (normal times). It is now the 19th of February and there is zero information on the shipment other than "received at the post office on 1/25/21". Thankfully the buyer is understanding, but it's really starting to raise my stress level.

I purchased a club from Callaway CPO back on Feb 11; just received my shipping notice today. They did send an email (today) saying the weather was impacting their processing times. It's not like I can use it anyway, so I can't really complain about this.

This rotten weather is impacting everything, including people's ability to survive. Waiting on a few frigging golf clubs is small beans!

This rotten weather is impacting everything, including people's ability to survive. Waiting on a few frigging golf clubs is small beans!
Hey, it's his rant and he has full rights to express it.

Shipping has been a mess lately due to the snow and ice but I'm trying to be patient. Not fun when items are already over a week late with no update in that time.

Shipping has been a mess lately due to the snow and ice but I'm trying to be patient. Not fun when items are already over a week late with no update in that time.

The magnitude of the Texas freeze is going to make things a lot worse. If they can get fuel to drive the trucks, they will be moving stiuff to the Gulf Coast to rebuild homes and plants.

I have 2: 1.25:

I sold my AM2 Red shafts on eBay in an auction that ended on Jan 24 which was a Sunday. I put the shafts in the mail on Monday the 25th, on a six day service level (normal times). It is now the 19th of February and there is zero information on the shipment other than "received at the post office on 1/25/21". Thankfully the buyer is understanding, but it's really starting to raise my stress level.

I purchased a club from Callaway CPO back on Feb 11; just received my shipping notice today. They did send an email (today) saying the weather was impacting their processing times. It's not like I can use it anyway, so I can't really complain about this.

I'm in the same boat. Ordered a TSi2 and it shipped from Florida 2/11. Went 23 miles south on 2/12 and tracking has stopped.

Work has kicked my ass the last month! Reviews...merit increases...PPP back in high gear and just the normal everyday things on top of it.

The reviews and merit suggestions are done. Next week I’ll be able to communicate merit increases, but PPP still going full force. Last Monday was supposed to be a holiday off for my wife and I with the daycare open. I ended up having to work that day due to all the demand. Would have been nice to have a day for us, but it is what it is.

I’m not working this weekend at all though! Golf tomorrow too!

Ice storms and no power, but my rant would not compare to what some of the folks in Texas are going through.

I don't disagree with you. It was a rough day and that was on my mind at the time.

Hey, it's his rant and he has full rights to express it.
His point is as valid as yours - we have far larger problems than a couple of golf clubs. It's just what was on my mind at the time. (y)

Back