Official Rant of the Day

Quick sideways turn of my phone says “nope”. Maybe it’s in the panhandle of Cali though? At least somewhat fitting?

JBCIV was up all night! Activating Dad Survival Mode!

Well technically it’s a new day. New rant.

Lady I’m kind of seeing had her 16 year old daughter attempt suicide tonight. I know zero details but positive thoughts and prayers would be appreciated. I don’t understand. As miserable as I’ve been, I just can’t understand. I fight for life every time I have to.

Anyways.... I hope it was just a call for attention. I don’t know her much, we haven’t really been around each other’s kids too often, but please keep her in thoughts and prayers.
I’m sorry to hear that. It’s hard to understand from an outside perspective; heck it’s hard to understand even when you’re the one going through it. I’m truly not downplaying this, but sometimes depression is like a golf swing - you can’t fix it until you find the right strategy for you. I hope she gets the help she needs to get everything back on track.

I’m sorry to hear that. It’s hard to understand from an outside perspective; heck it’s hard to understand even when you’re the one going through it. I’m truly not downplaying this, but sometimes depression is like a golf swing - you can’t fix it until you find the right strategy for you. I hope she gets the help she needs to get everything back on track.

I mean I understand. I lived with depression personified for 20 years. I just personally do not understand. And it’s not like I’m always the most stable. I just don’t understand that mindset.

I appreciate that things impact everyone differently though and for some that it can seem like the best/only option. For me personally I’m going out clawing and screaming and fighting it as long as I reasonably can.

“We done lost your ****, sorry?”

I actually got one of mine unexpectedly today. It still shows that it’ll be delivered tomorrow night by 9pm, which is technically correct since I already have it.

I hope I get the other tomorrow or Saturday. Not life or death but pretty important.

In other news I now 1000% suck at golf. At least today.

I’m no geography major, but Aliso Viejo isn’t exactly the most direct route to Oklahoma from Canada.

USPS sucks, and their tracking is by far the worst. I have a package from Amazon that still shows as processing in the USPS tracking. It was delivered in mid-December.

Just so there's no bad feelings between neighbours, you do realize that Quebec isn't really part of Canada right? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
They had to have given me the wrong tracking. Surely.

Ordered an Ikea unit the wife wanted, so we can attempt a banquette in the kitchen.
Arrived damaged in one spot. No problem, we can deal with that.
Put it together, and the edging is split on one side...... not so great.

At least they will replace it. Need to wait a week for the new one. Don't need to send the damaged one back.

When we first got Ikea here, I thought it was great that we would always be able to get pieces we needed. Then stuff started to get discontinued, changed, modified..... We have a couple older Kallax units. We order new ones to match.... and they have changed the sizing by 1" in one dimension. Not great when trying to match stuff up.

I’m no geography major, but Aliso Viejo isn’t exactly the most direct route to Oklahoma from Canada.

USPS sucks, and their tracking is by far the worst. I have a package from Amazon that still shows as processing in the USPS tracking. It was delivered in mid-December.

We could never work for a logistics company. I live in Ontario. Ohio. Not Canada. Twice now despite the corrrct zip code, a package of mine has ended up in Toronto CANADA. Back to origin and another week.

Sigh.

Time to file a claim.......😈

Don’t forget the claim man!

You know they’ll F you later so might as well get one while you can (yeah, I couldn’t do it either, 🤣).

I ordered a custom ball stencil, sent exactly what I wanted and they confirmed it, then they screwed it up and completely left something off the design. Sent an email and am waiting for a response.

There was an explosion and fire last night at the paint factory that employs our youngest son. The explosion killed one of his co-workers. It's incredibly sad that person won't be coming home to his loved ones after his shift.

it’s scarier than normal when it’s that close to hime.

i was a plant manager of about 120 people and the two kinds iof worst days were when someone got hurt and when someone was let go. A fatality would have been devastating. There are no small fires in chemical plants.

it’s scarier than normal when it’s that close to hime.

i was a plant manager of about 120 people and the two kinds iof worst days were when someone got hurt and when someone was let go. A fatality would have been devastating. There are no small fires in chemical plants.
I guess it depends on ones line of work, but losing your life or a loved ones life on the job isn’t something most of us think about.

All it takes is one miscue by one person. I can’t imagine being the one who didn’t follow protocol and having it result in loss of life. Every time we get behind the wheel of a car, for example, we’re just one brain fart away from that happening. We’ve all messed up - because we’re human - and most of the time it’s only a “what if” scenario.

6 hour drive from the coast to the mountains. Both children were fussy the whole way! At one point, I contemplated just opening the door and jumping out on Interstate 40! Are all family trips/get together always a cluster?!😢

6 hour drive from the coast to the mountains. Both children were fussy the whole way! At one point, I contemplated just opening the door and jumping out on Interstate 40! Are all family trips/get together always a cluster?!😢
No, Arrow sleeps soundly 😀

Back