Official Rant of the Day

6 hour drive from the coast to the mountains. Both children were fussy the whole way! At one point, I contemplated just opening the door and jumping out on Interstate 40! Are all family trips/get together always a cluster?!šŸ˜¢

my wife and i were just reminiscing about this tonight. or whatever the negative "my gawd how did we not kill all the things" version of reminiscing is. our youngest was a f-ing nightmare in the care when he was young. he'd scream at the top of his lungs for 9 straight hours. ear-piercing, window-shattering screams. for 9. brutal. hours.

I guess it depends on ones line of work, but losing your life or a loved ones life on the job isnā€™t something most of us think about.

All it takes is one miscue by one person. I canā€™t imagine being the one who didnā€™t follow protocol and having it result in loss of life. Every time we get behind the wheel of a car, for example, weā€™re just one brain fart away from that happening. Weā€™ve all messed up - because weā€™re human - and most of the time itā€™s only a ā€œwhat ifā€ scenario.
Yep, that's why my stint in the oilfield was short. I worked for a pusher every other hitch that I KNEW was drinking on the job. I had heard that someone reported it and he would be pulled from the job. Two hitches later he was back (and it seemed his behavior hadn't changed). That was it for me. I worked that hitch with my head on a swivel. Drove home at the end of my hitch and called the office the next day and told them that I wouldn't be back.

I hated giving up the money, but I don't regret leaving for one minute.

Rant for the day and year for me.

People love to complain and say the worst things, but those same people are not willing to give 5 mins to volunteer and change the things they complain about. Those are the people I want no part to be associated with. You want change, you step up and help make it change.

I canā€™t thank all of the people involved with educating our children enough. What you have had to put up with, will continue to, and probably change permanently, you all deserve a thank you from your community.

i just found out today that an old customer of mine passed away from covid in january. he was the nicest cankiest old guy you would ever meet. i was very sad to hear it. his wife came in to tell me....i was wondering why i haven't heard from him.

SCREW YOU COVID!!!!!!! :mad:

Freaking white claw pounding, 5 hour round, scramble playing, wonā€™t let us play through, cart on green driving bros...
1FBFFF58-5634-4C1E-99C5-3ACA51500905.jpeg

3 of us played around once 44 deg celcius we started very early in morning , finished front 9 at 645, pro was opening proshop , passed comment ā€œ you guys are here early ā€œ when we replied we starting back 9 after front he laughed and said we,d be done by 10 00 am , and we had it worked out ) ,,, was magnificent weather that morning

Itā€™s 10:10 am Augusta time. At 10 am Herman and Scott teed off. So why the heck are golf commentators on tv talking about nothing burgers instead of broadcasting the tournament?

Childrens books with character names that I don't know how to pronounce :rolleyes:

Oak trees and their damn tassels are killing me. I spend more time clearing them off my green than using it.

A week ago today I came down with a case of what seemed to be Sciatica. If I moved wrong pain would go shooting down the backs of my legs. One, the other, or both! On Monday my buddy calls with a tee time for Tuesday. I told him what I was dealing with and he said it did sound like Sciatica since he's had it before. Then his son calls me Tuesday with tee times for Saturday at one of our favorite courses in the area. I told him I'd try to be there. Meanwhile I posted that info here, and many thanks to those who responded with stretching routines that could help.

So, Friday I'm feeling pretty good. Then I decided that if I was going to play Saturday, I'd better figure out if I could actually swing a golf club. So, I put my shoes on, grabbed the Driver, and walked around the back yard just to check walking on an irregular surface. No problem. Then took some cuts with the Driver, and again, no problem. So, I played Saturday and played quite well. This is NOT the rant.

HERE is the rant. While in the back yard I could see that I really need to cut the grass. Not even mid-April yet, and I have to start cutting the grass! And we haven't had much rain, but we got a good soaker last night and it's going to get cooler, which the grass is going to love! I'm going to be busting my butt the next couple of days cutting grass, and here comes the "twice a week" time around here! The first cut is always the hardest.

While in the back yard I could see that I really need to cut the grass. Not even mid-April yet, and I have to start cutting the grass!

I did my fenced in part of the yard last Monday, then cut the whole lawn including the fenced in part again on Thursday. I feel your pain.

HERE is the rant. While in the back yard I could see that I really need to cut the grass. Not even mid-April yet, and I have to start cutting the grass! And we haven't had much rain, but we got a good soaker last night and it's going to get cooler, which the grass is going to love! I'm going to be busting my butt the next couple of days cutting grass, and here comes the "twice a week" time around here! The first cut is always the hardest.

It is more blessed to mow than blow. Mowing weather is golfing weather. Blowing weather is not golfing weather.

It's not any better with a Southern type of lawn grass... centipede, zoyisa... centipede especially is supposed to stay low. LOW! But the weeds in amongst the centipede sprout and grow. Fast!:eek: So it's cut the weeds and some of the centipede is still dormant.:mad:

Yard waste is now picked up by the city, and they now require that we purchase paper bags for them to go in. First of all, paper bags can't hold any weight, and dirt is heavy. Second, paper bags tear easily, and branches tear right through them. Third, they use an arm/crane thing to pick up the bags, and if the bag rips when the arm goes to pick it up, and it will rip because it's a freaking paper bag, then it just falls to the ground and the city leaves it where it fell and moves on.

Needless to say, I am now sweaty, covered in dirt, and pissed off.

Yard waste is now picked up by the city, and they now require that we purchase paper bags for them to go in. First of all, paper bags can't hold any weight, and dirt is heavy. Second, paper bags tear easily, and branches tear right through them. Third, they use an arm/crane thing to pick up the bags, and if the bag rips when the arm goes to pick it up, and it will rip because it's a freaking paper bag, then it just falls to the ground and the city leaves it where it fell and moves on.

Just wait until it rains on trash day, don't they know paper and water is not a good combination? šŸ™„

I don't blame you.

There is an art to packing paper bags. We have two private haulers locally, and both of them pick up the bags manually and throw them into the trucks. One company used to allow us to use our own plastic garbage cans for yard waste. They would empty them and return them, but discontinued that after a number of back injuries (a plastic can can hold a lot more than a paper bag.)

Just wait until it rains on trash day, don't they know paper and water is not a good combination? šŸ™„

Oh yeah, I have been working on the yard all week so I had like 8 bags and it was going to rain on Saturday so I had to bring them into our garage so they wouldn't get wet, and the next day it smelled like something died in the garage, it was awful!

Oh yeah, I have been working on the yard all week so I had like 8 bags and it was going to rain on Saturday so I had to bring them into our garage so they wouldn't get wet, and the next day it smelled like something died in the garage, it was awful!
You would think they would have dedicated bins, my BIL in LA has 4 city supplied cans, 1 is yard waste only and the truck comes and empties it on a different day then the other 3.

It's not any better with a Southern type of lawn grass... centipede, zoyisa... centipede especially is supposed to stay low. LOW! But the weeds in amongst the centipede sprout and grow. Fast!:eek: So it's cut the weeds and some of the centipede is still dormant.:mad:
Yeah, and centipede should theoretically smother out any weeds...

If the centipede in my yard grew as well as the centipede that tries to cover my driveway and walkway, I'd have a pretty lawn.

Back