Official Rant of the Day

We had about 1.5" on the lawn and cars. Paved surfaces stayed bare. Melting now. But still . . . .

When meetings end early and the host says "I'll give you xx minutes back in your day."

It really annoys me!

This is the answer for me. My mind always goes to, why didn't you manage the agenda better so we filled the meeting or make the meeting shorter to begin with so we can schedule other items appropriately.

I feel like absolute crap right now. Unfortunately I just had to fire someone on my team. This is the absolute hardest part of any job.

I called my doctor's office to speak to my doctor because I had come down with a sinus infection. Got stuck on a tele-health call with a doctor that isn't my doctor. My doctor's office has a rotating schedule of doctors that handle the tele-health calls, so I got stuck with this other doctor. Long story short, she basically put me through my entire trial/error history of how to treat my allergies. At the end, she wanted to put me on an antibiotic that doesn't work for me. I just got frustrated and told her I would wait to speak to my actual doctor.
My doctor called me later and took me to task for being rude to the other doctor. I basically said "I have no desire to rehash with her, what you and I have already figured out over the last 25 years." Her response was "Well....she doesn't KNOW you." To which my response was "That's why I didn't ask for her when I called! I asked for you"
My doctor actually laughed out loud and said "fair enough".
That's my rant.

Nothing so exotic. Apparently a rear bumper appliqué is beyond their scope of work. Makes me wonder about coming here to actually service the car 🤨
From my experience in the car industry most dealerships outsource most of the work like this. Their technicians know how work on the car but maybe don't know how to do the other things or have the tools to do it. It's cheaper to just contract with company to come install a new windshield, window tent, new bumper/grill guard, spray bed liners, and other similar stuff. Usually they will schedule a bunch for one day so that vender comes out and will do several vehicles.

From my experience in the car industry most dealerships outsource most of the work like this. Their technicians know how work on the car but maybe don't know how to do the other things or have the tools to do it. It's cheaper to just contract with company to come install a new windshield, window tent, new bumper/grill guard, spray bed liners, and other similar stuff. Usually they will schedule a bunch for one day so that vender comes out and will do several vehicles.
Just wish they wouldn’t have scheduled him for 9:00 when my appointment was 7:30! 😠

I feel like absolute crap right now. Unfortunately I just had to fire someone on my team. This is the absolute hardest part of any job.
I don't know, I fire this guy every day and it never causes me any heartburn. I'm not in charge, though, so...

I don't know, I fire this guy every day and it never causes me any heartburn. I'm not in charge, though, so...
I am in the process of fixing all of his screwup’s and it amazes me how bad they are. Now that I am doing this I know I made the right decision.

I am in the process of fixing all of his screwup’s and it amazes me how bad they are. Now that I am doing this I know I made the right decision.
Next time you need to get rid of someone, I'll do it.

Kurt behind me naked in his damn hot tub with a woman that is NOT his wife at 4 on a Friday afternoon. There are some things you just can’t unsee. Well at least they had the decency to go do their main business inside.

Gonna be a hot tub orgy night at Kurt’s I guess? I’ll just blast music later, 😂. There’s about 4 other couples around here that hang with them. His NOT wife and he are the only two there right now. I’m going to make the assumption that she doesn’t care that there’s someone else there. Ain’t none of my business anyways, well if I didn’t have to see him naked it wouldn’t be.

I did yell out the back door “put some clothes on until dark dude!!” 🤣 A dropped towel is not clothing.

Ontario has just ordered closure of golf courses (among other things) while addressing a rise in COVID cases. 😭

You scared the hell out of me!

I live in Ontario. Ohio. Whew.

Oh and sorry!

So the new restrictions do absolutely nothing to change any part of my life (ne: job) Monday through Friday. However, the province believes that an outdoor, self-distancing action (known commonly as golf) is dangerous and therefore needs to be restricted banned for the next four weeks.

** remainder of post deleted due to possible political content **

f**k you Lowes.

Thanks for putting the shiplap on the back of a truck in rain all day and driving it up and down red dirt roads for good measure.

When I was a manager, I never wanted to be able to fire a guy without feeling anything. It always hurt, even when it clearly was the right call. Even when the guy was a total screwup, I felt management was partially responsible

Ontario has just ordered closure of golf courses (among other things) while addressing a rise in COVID cases. 😭
Man I just read the latest Ontario news. You guys have my deepest sympathies. My wife just spent an hour on the phone with some family who live there - lots of tears.

I called my doctor's office to speak to my doctor because I had come down with a sinus infection. Got stuck on a tele-health call with a doctor that isn't my doctor. My doctor's office has a rotating schedule of doctors that handle the tele-health calls, so I got stuck with this other doctor. Long story short, she basically put me through my entire trial/error history of how to treat my allergies. At the end, she wanted to put me on an antibiotic that doesn't work for me. I just got frustrated and told her I would wait to speak to my actual doctor.
My doctor called me later and took me to task for being rude to the other doctor. I basically said "I have no desire to rehash with her, what you and I have already figured out over the last 25 years." Her response was "Well....she doesn't KNOW you." To which my response was "That's why I didn't ask for her when I called! I asked for you"
My doctor actually laughed out loud and said "fair enough".
That's my rant.
The whole concept of "Telemedicine" is a joke!

When I was a manager, I never wanted to be able to fire a guy without feeling anything. It always hurt, even when it clearly was the right call. Even when the guy was a total screwup, I felt management was partially responsible

Correct. There have been exactly three firings I ever felt good about. If I feel good about that, you are a royal FU.

1. Woman was stealing from her co-workers. I wasn’t allowed to be there when they fired her as they knew I’d kill her. I’ve dealt with a lot of theft cases, usually against the company. Those aren’t pleasant but here is the only one that had me ready to drag her by her hair to the police station. Seriously.

2. dumba** 18 year old took and developed a picture of his wang. Asked him what TF he was thinking??? “Oh I met a girl online and she wanted to..” shuddup and leave.

3. 48 year old man made a comment to a 20 year old beacon of light and innocence that I wouldn’t make to my drinking buddies while on a bender (well maybe @Hamfist but he’s a special case). I drove in specifically to can his ass on the spot and I’d have probably physically removed him if he hadn’t started crying. I let him leave, both knees intact. I felt it was a win? For everyone.

The whole concept of "Telemedicine" is a joke!

I disagree! (Is this the arguing thread? 😂) No serious argument, just a different perspective. If you’re a Doc and doing this, I could see your point for sure.

I know my body. I know what medicines work for me. I should be able to call a doctor, discuss the situation with them, and come to an agreement.

Having to drive somewhere so another medical professional can agree with me that I have a sinus infection and a Z-Pack will fix me right up? I don’t need to. Now if exotic? Sure.

f**k you Lowes.

Thanks for putting the shiplap on the back of a truck in rain all day and driving it up and down red dirt roads for good measure.

I appreciate when a staffer speaks his (or her) mind. 🤣

Not at you but at the pain. I KNOW the pain.

I appreciate when a staffer speaks his (or her) mind. 🤣

Not at you but at the pain. I KNOW the pain.
Hahahha, that’s never been something I’ve shied away from doing. It’s why there are some......fans......out there ;)

I disagree! (Is this the arguing thread? 😂) No serious argument, just a different perspective. If you’re a Doc and doing this, I could see your point for sure.

I know my body. I know what medicines work for me. I should be able to call a doctor, discuss the situation with them, and come to an agreement.

Having to drive somewhere so another medical professional can agree with me that I have a sinus infection and a Z-Pack will fix me right up? I don’t need to. Now if exotic? Sure.
I get what you're saying, but for the average person, telemedicine is frustrating and incomplete.
I've been in medicine for 26 years now and the level of care is declining.
Without a physical, clinical exam, a physician ( if you're lucky enough to have one instead of a NP or PA) could very well miss important clues as to cause of illness. I see it regularly in the ER, because that's where they send people because they can't see them in person.

Last edited:
Back