Official Rant of the Day

Taking notes on where all you guys with the snow in April live, so I know never to move there! :LOL:

Off topic but........

Dude? How are you not a part of the THPAZ league?
Haven't had the time to participate, and my game's in the toilet, but making a comeback :p
Hope to get involved soon...

That's brutal. Golf is a great option for COVID restrictions. Wear the mask into the club house and the rest is tailor made for social distancing.
Yeah I don't understand it either. Actually, I think I kind of do, but I can't explain it without it having a political angle to it so I digress. Suffice to say they're barking up the wrong tree IMO.

Thanks! It's better than this one from April 10th of last year, 14 inches!
View attachment 9003575
Wow that's a bit extreme lol
wife and I love the snow, we travel looking for the snow.
We got lucky and caught a little in North Carolina in November, we had the whole rv park to ourselves. Good times
dae7ea615270d817a5e2ad65ebf2207e.jpg
17b13be18abd28903cf21ce51c522a8a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Yeah I don't understand it either. Actually, I think I kind of do, but I can't explain it without it having a political angle to it so I digress. Suffice to say they're barking up the wrong tree IMO.
My guess would be the liability of the club for it's employees. Hard to imagine it would be political but I have been wrong before. ;)

Wow that's a bit extreme lol
wife and I love the snow, we travel looking for the snow.
We got lucky and caught a little in North Carolina in November, we had the whole rv park to ourselves. Good times
dae7ea615270d817a5e2ad65ebf2207e.jpg
17b13be18abd28903cf21ce51c522a8a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
Funny story. One of my good friends was born/raised in Dallas. He now lives in Iowa, near me. His cousin was bringing his family up to Iowa for Thanksgiving in 2019. They decided to drive up North until they got to Kansas City and then they would camp for the night and complete the journey the next day. Camping. In tents. In November. In KC.
As you can imagine, they all came down with some form of flu/pneumonia or some such ailment. This guy is not poor. In fact, he's very well off with a successful business. He was just too cheap to spring for motel rooms. Even in the middle of the night when his young daughters were freezing!

I haven't swung a club in a month. :mad:

This is the answer for me. My mind always goes to, why didn't you manage the agenda better so we filled the meeting or make the meeting shorter to begin with so we can schedule other items appropriately.

Reminds me of something Larry Bird said when he was head coach of the Indiana Pacers. They weren't doing well and a reporter suggested that they might need a new assistant coach. Bird blew up! "I have 3 assistants already. They don't have enough to do and neither do I! I've sat through 3 hour meetings that should have been wrapped up in an hour!"

Most times management does love to prattle on, does it not?

I feel like absolute crap right now. Unfortunately I just had to fire someone on my team. This is the absolute hardest part of any job.

My buddy's bro was chief of anesthesiology at a large regional hospital. Management came to him wanting to streamline the department. If he could get rid of some people, he would inherit a certain percentage of their income. He had a couple of flakes in the department that were easy to say goodbye to. Then he called the next guy who was actually pretty decent, but could be expendable considering the workload. This guy was married, with kids, and he could hear them carrying on in the background. Yelling and laughing! This touched his heart, and he could not fire the guy! He told him that his job was safe.

My home course is a 9 hole course so generally busy and I will never understand why guys can't wait a few minutes on #1 for a group to go but instead they go straight to 4 and jumped in front of us. Pricks could at least ask, but no they just took off.

Last edited:
Changed out the cartridge in our master bath bathtub faucet tonight. It had been leaking a steady stream of water. What should have been a ten minute job became a ninety minute ordeal when the bottom half of the old cartridge decided it wasn’t moving and separated itself from the top half. Fortunately, I’m an engineer and I know “Don’t force it - get a bigger hammer.” Bottom half of that cartridge put up a good fight but had NO IDEA who it was dealing with. Faucet works great again, and I invented a few words in the process.

Traffic sucks!! @Jank introduced me to the Gus Wortham golf course a few weeks ago and now it is my favorite place to play. It is in the shadow of the downtown Houston skyscrapers and its hard to get to during rush hour. This morning a big rig wreck has downtown traffic at a standstill and an alternate freeway is closed making it impossible to get there. Oh well at least I was able to cancel at the last minute without being charged a fee.

Changed out the cartridge in our master bath bathtub faucet tonight. It had been leaking a steady stream of water. What should have been a ten minute job became a ninety minute ordeal when the bottom half of the old cartridge decided it wasn’t moving and separated itself from the top half. Fortunately, I’m an engineer and I know “Don’t force it - get a bigger hammer.” Bottom half of that cartridge put up a good fight but had NO IDEA who it was dealing with. Faucet works great again, and I invented a few words in the process.
20113237_31_600_457.jpg

I came back from the drive-thru with lunch, and when I got out of my truck the door didn't close completely. My hands were full, so I did what I usually do and put my foot against the door to push it closed. Now I have a dent in my driver's door :mad::mad::mad:

Why is it nice and warm all week the week of my tournament until Tournament day on Saturday and then rain and cool temps?!?! If weather goes as projected, this will be 2 weeks in a row for the two tournaments I have on the schedule this month! UGH....

Why is it nice and warm all week the week of my tournament until Tournament day on Saturday and then rain and cool temps?!?! If weather goes as projected, this will be 2 weeks in a row for the two tournaments I have on the schedule this month! UGH....

Same here....nice, sunny and warm all week till Saturday and Sunday the days of the 2 man best ball I'm playing in. Temps drop 15 degrees and wind and rain enter.:poop::poop::poop:

Same here....nice, sunny and warm all week till Saturday and Sunday the days of the 2 man best ball I'm playing in. Temps drop 15 degrees and wind and rain enter.:poop::poop::poop:
Oh, it was just rainy and cool Saturday. It warmed back up and was sunny yesterday. Just Saturday for crap weather lol. I mean it didn't pour on us, just had to wear the rain jacket for about 30 minutes of the round, but still cool. This Saturday is not looking good though. Good thing I'm getting a practice round in on Friday when it's nice lol.

Very good question.

I don’t live in AZ? That’s the only reason I can think of, 😂!

I think that @Snowman guy with the nice pool in January lives there. I kind of like him but I’d be lying if I didn’t say I was NOT appreciative of his nice beer and pool pick when I got a freaking H2 Frame 7k lb 4x4 stuck in snow. Humbling? 🤣

When I was showing my driving kids how to drive through deep snow, yup! 45 frickin minutes to get it unstuck.

Don't feel too bad. Anything can get stuck. Years ago my buddy bought a used Chevy K5 Blazer w/4WD that was all jacked up and with the big tires. You needed a stepladder to get into the thing! We took it back into the closest thing that would pass for wilderness in NE Ohio, the backcountry of the Grand River Wildlife Area. There was a dirt 2 track running back in there, and HOLY COW! I had a small pickup at the time, and there were holes in that road that would swallow my truck whole!

Then the road took a bend to the right, which the maps did show, when we came to a spot where a good 100 yards of the road was flooded out! So we turned around, and for some reason, heading out, my buddy was running in the ruts instead of high siding it. We hit this one memorable spot and I started yelling, "No. no. no! Get out of the ruts! High side it!" Too late! He hung up the pumpkin! So, there we were, crawling around in the mud trying to dig out the pumpkin.! I'd take snow over that any time!

Reminds me of something I heard in the steel mill. "Bash to fit, Paint to hide!

Metal and/or fiberglass splinters stink!

heard something from my mom who is a teacher locally that made me sick:

One of her students was attacked at lunch by another student after her student tagged the other student "out" in a game of dodgeball. The kid literally got tagged out, walked away from the game, grabbed a metal bat from one of the teachers PE closets then returned and proceeded to take BP on my mom's student's head. Once the kid was on the ground, the attacking kid decided to take a few swings at the adult that tried to break up the beating. 5-7 minutes later, with the attacker wondering around still swinging the bat, the "trained" staff showed up to smoother the kid basically and haul him off to the nurses office to try and calm him down. But of course, you know that's where they're treating my mom's student for the head injury and all sh!t breaks out in there because the attacker isn't being restricted and is free to stand or sit or in this case, basically remodel the nurses office by throwing everything and anything he can get his hands on until they smoother him again and finally restrain his arms. That was thursday. After a quick 3 day suspension with no other punishment pending, the kid returns to school and promptly searches out and continues the beating of my mom's student at first chance. Puts him in a headlock and begins twisting his head sideways in a snapping motion. Another 3 day suspension and that's it...Gotta love elementary school policys. :at-wits-end::at-wits-end:
This was assault with a weapon, and should've been reported to local law enforcement. Someone at the school dropped the ball.

This was assault with a weapon, and should've been reported to local law enforcement. Someone at the school dropped the ball.
Why LE wasn't called is mind boggling. Assault with a deadly weapon multiple times from the sound of it.
3 day suspension and that's the end of it is very 2020!! Sad to say this is where we are heading the LACK of Personal responsibility these days is Mind Blowing!!!

A smallish rant if you please. Let me set this up.

At our short game practice area we have 3 flags to hit to. From left to right, blue 150 yards, red 90 yards, and white 50 yards. These are the max yardages. Shorter yardages are also available. Each flag is in the center of a 10X10 foot green, and are about 25 yards a part. The course allows golfers to use their own balls, which the golfer picks up for repeated use.

Since day one it was assumed the golfer would set up inline with what ever flag they were hitting at.

We now have a golfer who, on a daily basis, sets up right of the white flag, but aims at the blue flag. For safety reasons, this prevents others from using the red, and white flags. Especially when other golfers go to retrieve their practice balls on the red and white greens, since blue flag guy is essentially hitting balls over their heads.

The course marshall has talked to the guy to no avail. Apparently he sets up there to be near the pitching/chipping green, and wants to utilize the various three flag yardages.

This is just another example of a selfish individual causing grief for others.

A smallish rant if you please. Let me set this up.

At our short game practice area we have 3 flags to hit to. From left to right, blue 150 yards, red 90 yards, and white 50 yards. These are the max yardages. Shorter yardages are also available. Each flag is in the center of a 10X10 foot green, and are about 25 yards a part. The course allows golfers to use their own balls, which the golfer picks up for repeated use.

Since day one it was assumed the golfer would set up inline with what ever flag they were hitting at.

We now have a golfer who, on a daily basis, sets up right of the white flag, but aims at the blue flag. For safety reasons, this prevents others from using the red, and white flags. Especially when other golfers go to retrieve their practice balls on the red and white greens, since blue flag guy is essentially hitting balls over their heads.

The course marshall has talked to the guy to no avail. Apparently he sets up there to be near the pitching/chipping green, and wants to utilize the various three flag yardages.

This is just another example of a selfish individual causing grief for others.
Set up at the opposite side, he might get a clue when balls start whizzing by his head while he's picking up his. 😈

Metal and/or fiberglass splinters stink!

In the late 90s I told the head pro at the course my family were members at that I wasn't raking another bunker until they bought new rakes because of this happening repeatedly.

In the late 90s I told the head pro at the course my family were members at that I wasn't raking another bunker until they bought new rakes because of this happening repeatedly.
I get shivers just thinking about rakes like that!

ever have a day where your pain or aliments are just getting to you? i find myself having to fight not to explode on a customer today.....UUUGGGHHH :mad:

Back