Official Rant of the Day

Knees are the freaking stupidest joint ever designed. 🤬

Knees are the freaking stupidest joint ever designed. 🤬

That’s not the only weird thing about the human body. God has to be a Civil Engineer. Who else would run a sewer line through the middle of a recreational area?

If a picture is worth a thousand words consider this my thousand word rant lol.View attachment 9004215

I get it. Snow flurries this morning and 29*. Frost delays at the course with a high of 44 today and the same temperatures this weekend. When is April arriving???:confused:

I'm thinking that rant was not just a random thought?
It was not. I may have tweaked something in my good bad knee. We will see how the next few days go.

Couple of rants today:
1. Why does traveling for the Navy Reserves have to be so difficult and why do they use 50 different systems?! (Plus side, I made Board, so not sure if I even care right now, lol)
2. Weather is now saying 100% chance of rain up to 1/2" on Saturday (Day of my tournament)!!! Nice all week and rain only on tournament day!

Freaking white claw pounding, 5 hour round, scramble playing, won’t let us play through, cart on green driving bros...
This angers me. I need to go do my breathing exercises. Woosa...woosa...

Quick! Can I get a wall built so it stays over there?

It’s the 35 degrees that gets to me. And tomorrow the high is going to be in the low 40s. 🤞 this is the end of this weather

I need all you Midwesterners, Ohioans, and New Yorkers to get out of here with that white stuff!

Currently 35 degrees and a mixture of snow and rain in Albany.

:(

Quick! Can I get a wall built so it stays over there?

Nope, you are screwed. It's thunder snow-sleet-hail-raining here. Loudly. It it was pissing for a bit.

I need all you Midwesterners, Ohioans, and New Yorkers to get out of here with that white stuff!

You didn't mention NH so... we good? :)
View attachment trim.4C388B3D-EF48-402B-8979-1050ECFE9ADA.MOV

It’s the 35 degrees that gets to me. And tomorrow the high is going to be in the low 40s. 🤞 this is the end of this weather
It is supposed to be in the 50's this weekend and 60's and 70's next week. I just want to be able to play this weekend. The snow should be gone by then hopefully.

So some of you may recall that I have, from time to time come here to rant about a colleague or customer that I had to deal with who "just didn't get it".

Welp, karma got me today. I went to a site to commission a VFD drive that should have taken me 10 minutes, tops. 1st mistake: under-estimating the task. I arrive on site, hook up with my contact and get a low-down on what we're doing. Make a few programming changes on the VFD, confirmed my suspicion that the way they wanted to do it wasn't possible. Pass along this information and they quickly work to reconfigure their side of the controls.
I disconnect everything from the VFD and reconnect it the way it needs to be. 2nd mistake: trying to read through the 442 page manual. Make several attempts at getting the drive to run, to no avail. So I call technical support. I openly admitted to the support guy that I knew this was easy as pie, but clearly was having a bad day because I couldn't see the forest for the trees. Checked control voltage at terminals a, b and c - all good. Narrowed down what seemed to be the issue, only for the call to end with a referral to another support line and the comment "I'm not really sure what the problem could be, hopefully they can help":mad: Two things you NEVER want to hear from a support line: 1. I've never had that issue before, or 2. I'm not really sure what the problem could be.:sick:

Called the second support line, couldn't get cell service in the garage so had to take notes outside. She gave me a handful of things to check and the offer to call back with the results. Turns out that there are three common terminals on the drive. Two of the three are connected internally. The third is not, nor is it shown to be required to be on the wiring diagram. Guess what? It needed to be connected:banghead:

The moral of the story? Just over three hours for what should have taken 10 minutes:oops: Oh, and I also grabbed a live 120V circuit a couple of times while trying to help someone else out just because I'm a nice guy. Who puts in an access door that you can only get your head through? No worries though, the put another one 6" away so you can at least get ONE arm into the ceiling also.

A smallish rant if you please. Let me set this up.

At our short game practice area we have 3 flags to hit to. From left to right, blue 150 yards, red 90 yards, and white 50 yards. These are the max yardages. Shorter yardages are also available. Each flag is in the center of a 10X10 foot green, and are about 25 yards a part. The course allows golfers to use their own balls, which the golfer picks up for repeated use.

Since day one it was assumed the golfer would set up inline with what ever flag they were hitting at.

We now have a golfer who, on a daily basis, sets up right of the white flag, but aims at the blue flag. For safety reasons, this prevents others from using the red, and white flags. Especially when other golfers go to retrieve their practice balls on the red and white greens, since blue flag guy is essentially hitting balls over their heads.

The course marshall has talked to the guy to no avail. Apparently he sets up there to be near the pitching/chipping green, and wants to utilize the various three flag yardages.

This is just another example of a selfish individual causing grief for others.

very similar situation at the course near me. one green with two flags. a bunker, and an area behind the bunker to work on higher pitch shots. there is a way to set up and not harm anyone if you hit a wayward shot. but it is mind blowing how people are either oblivious to the risk and set up to basically hit at me, or just don’t care and do it anyway. it makes me so damn mad.

then there are the a-holes who think the rules don’t apply to them. this place has been mats only for full swings since last march. but this little short game area has grass, and there is line of sight to the full swing targets. week in and week out the same jackwagons will go to the short game area under the guise of practicing chips and pitches, only to turn around start hitting full swing shots. and no, they're not sweepers. nice canyons dug out of the ground for the next person to deal with.

It was 80 degrees yesterday and this morning it’s 39?!:oops: Mother Nature is apparently bi-polar!

It was 80 degrees yesterday and this morning it’s 39?!:oops: Mother Nature is apparently bi-polar!

It was 27 degrees when I got up this morning. It has warmed up to 36 currently. Have to love the Spring weather.

Back