Official Rant of the Day

i think i won "you should have just stayed home" bingo today:

1- woke up and thought someone fused my spine while i was sleeping. everything hurt, and couldn't turn at all
2- serious danger of s------g my pants while paying at the register when a violent intestinal squall popped up out of nowhere
3- got every awful break you can imagine throughout the round
4- dropped my custom epic max on the cart path, scuffing the s--t out of it
5- stuck behind one of the slowest groups i've seen in a long time

that's a bingo
How long were you stuck immobilized at the register? One of the worst feelings in the world knowing if you move you’ve got a serious situation to be dealt with.

How long were you stuck immobilized at the register? One of the worst feelings in the world knowing if you move you’ve got a serious situation to be dealt with.

longer than i wanted to be there

My builder/decorator is taking far too long. Good thing I'm not in a hurry to start using the apartment. Hope it's ready by the time I start my golf lessons!

I was getting ready to hit the range yesterday afternoon when I started getting pain in my right lower back. It increased quickly. Change of plans, go sit on couch. we ended up in the ER for 14 hours. Kidney stone. i Had one 30 years ago. These are not fun. Not one little bit.

I was getting ready to hit the range yesterday afternoon when I started getting pain in my right lower back. It increased quickly. Change of plans, go sit on couch. we ended up in the ER for 14 hours. Kidney stone. i Had one 30 years ago. These are not fun. Not one little bit.
One of the most excruciating pains I've ever experienced. I was going to be the cool guy and tough it out. My wife found me in a fetal position in the bathroom and said "You're coming with me to the hospital or I'm calling an ambulance". The cheap skate in me chose the former because I didn't want the ambulance bill. Absolutely brutal pain and the most relief in my life once it passed. I couldn't believe something so small could cause so much pain.

I feel your pain! I literally thought I was dying when I had my first one!

Why do cellular providers have to have such awful websites

Sick kids (plural), one with projectile vomiting on the way down the carpeted stairs, at 2 am is no way to go through life.

I think you’re vastly overestimating their technical savvy :LOL: they can’t figure out the standard Apple CarPlay. But I’ve definitely considered a dash cam.

Haha. I’m likely about midway as far as tech savvy.

I buy the ****, then have my 17 year old install it and explain how to use it to me, 🤣.

this is how i feel on my job everyday. i have been called every name you can think of and 99 out of 100 i let it go and just move on. but that one time it's time not to be nice. this video has bad language...so no kiddies

Lol!

Me too. Mine is usually over some narcotic excuse (fill too early, more than one prescriber, etc) so when I tell them “no” I know it’s likely not going to be well received and I don’t take this lightly. If it’s something that’ll just make them uncomfortable they’re on their own.

If it’s something that isn’t particularly pleasurable but can kill you with rapid detox (cold turkey) such as heavy dose benzodiazepines? It’ll buy you some leeway. At least until your primary care can be contacted and they decide how they want to deal with it.

AAU basketball refs and toxic sports parents...🤮 Parents run their mouths and the refs (a minority of them) purposely make calls to “show them who’s boss”...not sure that they think about the fact it’s only affecting the players.

Had the most mentally frustrating/exhausting round I have had in 5+ years on Saturday at my tournament. I played a practice round on Friday and was striping the ball (I was having a blast), and then came tourney day and I got more worried about beating the socks off of the team that always wins and then that exact team was taking at least 10 minutes for every shot so I started getting pissed and it just wasn't a good combo. I got the shanks, slices, tops, chunks, you name it. Just an absolutely horrible round. I let frustration take over and I was miserable. Enough that I threw clubs and I never do that. I was at the point where I even wanted to break clubs, but I didn't. and we still lost by 2 strokes to the winning team. I just have to find a balance on tournament days and not get over competitive.

long story short, we had an intruder in our back yard saturday night. wife opened the door to let the dog out one last time before going to bed somewhat early (it was just before 11pm), and he was standing there just staring back at her. didn't turn to run, didn't speak, she said he didn't really react at all. she screamed at him to leave, slammed and locked the door then called 911. i was upstairs, so i came running down. cops came quickly, didn't see him or anyone suspicious around, and that was it. neighbors' security cameras picked him up. he had been roaming around our homes, jumping fences and going into back yards, for at least TWO HOURS before our encounter. he was dressed like he was going out for the night; long sleeve button down with the sleeves rolled up a little, jeans, black dress shoes, no hat or any other attempt to conceal or hide. we're hoping he was just high at a party and got confused then was trying to find his way back. either way we are very shaken.

long story short, we had an intruder in our back yard saturday night. wife opened the door to let the dog out one last time before going to bed somewhat early (it was just before 11pm), and he was standing there just staring back at her. didn't turn to run, didn't speak, she said he didn't really react at all. she screamed at him to leave, slammed and locked the door then called 911. i was upstairs, so i came running down. cops came quickly, didn't see him or anyone suspicious around, and that was it. neighbors' security cameras picked him up. he had been roaming around our homes, jumping fences and going into back yards, for at least TWO HOURS before our encounter. he was dressed like he was going out for the night; long sleeve button down with the sleeves rolled up a little, jeans, black dress shoes, no hat or any other attempt to conceal or hide. we're hoping he was just high at a party and got confused then was trying to find his way back. either way we are very shaken.

that's scary stuff. Glad your wife was unharmed!!!

Glad y'all are ok. That is definitely scary. My buddies and I had something similar happen when we were in college except the guy was for sure high and kicked in our door and came in the townhouse. I head some beating on the door and thought it was one of our neighbors playing a joke and then I proceeded to hear my roommate who's room was downstairs yelling, "WTF are you doing in my house?!" and me and my other roommate ran downstairs and we held the guy their till the cops showed up. He broke into my roommates car as well, because they found stuff from his car in his pockets. The guy told the cops he thought the apartment was his and his wife had locked him out. Also bad news for the guy. His landlord was the same as ours, just at a different complex and they kicked him out after that incident. But either way, super scary and guy is lucky he didn't catch a bullet or a beating.

Look at it this way: the pain is your body's way of telling you something is wrong. I had a 15 mm stone (a little smaller than a dime) and no symptoms. Happens about 2% of the time. Killed about two-thirds of my right kidney and took three tries to get it all out. After the first attempt, I switched docs when he wanted to tap my kidney like a keg of beer and get it from there. I got a second opinion from a urologist who specializes in stones and he was able to get it out by using the front entrance, although he needed two surgeries to do it. It was an oxalate stone, so needless to say, I count how much water I drink daily, I have a glass of lemonade daily, and there are about a dozen foods I've cut out completely. I liked all of them, except maybe beets.

And I have had stones I've felt and they were excruciating.

Last edited:

1- woke up and thought someone fused my spine while i was sleeping. everything hurt, and couldn't turn at all
2- serious danger of s------g my pants while paying at the register when a violent intestinal squall popped up out of nowhere

that's a bingo

Yep. Only thing missing was buying a lottery ticket thinking that you won, then upon closer inspection, Nope not even close:LOL:

Yep. Only thing missing was buying a lottery ticket thinking that you won, then upon closer inspection, Nope not even close:LOL:
I don't know. @McLovin might think avoiding the trouser chili was as good as a lottery win at that moment.

that's a bingo
I almost feel your pain on the club on the cart path. When I got pissed Saturday after shanking a tee shot with my 7 iron, I turned and threw it towards the cart because I was just over my game, it bounced and then proceeded to land head first on the cart path and I immediately got more pissed. I walked over and grabbed it and because it hit the wet dirt first and got that on it, I guess it protected it from the concrete. Not a scratch on it. Just a horrible day of golf.

I don't know. @McLovin might think avoiding the trouser chili was as good as a lottery win at that moment.
This I agree with! Not crapping your pants and making it to the bathroom is a win! Nothing worse than having to ditch the boxers in the trash because you couldn't stop it while on watch on the submarine and couldn't make it to the crapper in time...not that I would know anything about that...:oops::oops::ROFLMAO:

Glad you are all OK. That's is some scary stuff no doubt.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

That's frightening. Glad y'all are safe. That will make for some sleepless nights.

Had the most mentally frustrating/exhausting round I have had in 5+ years on Saturday at my tournament. I played a practice round on Friday and was striping the ball (I was having a blast), and then came tourney day and I got more worried about beating the socks off of the team that always wins and then that exact team was taking at least 10 minutes for every shot so I started getting pissed and it just wasn't a good combo. I got the shanks, slices, tops, chunks, you name it. Just an absolutely horrible round. I let frustration take over and I was miserable. Enough that I threw clubs and I never do that. I was at the point where I even wanted to break clubs, but I didn't. and we still lost by 2 strokes to the winning team. I just have to find a balance on tournament days and not get over competitive.
I have the same issue and purchased a audible book"'Zen Golf".
It's mostly about breathing and focusing on the moment. It has helped me out in certain spots.

I have the same issue and purchased a audible book"'Zen Golf".
It's mostly about breathing and focusing on the moment. It has helped me out in certain spots.

Interesting. I might have to look that up. It hasn't happened to me in a very very long time, but I was so mentally exhausted, it bothered me all day the following day.

Back