Official Rant of the Day

Sciatic nerve problems - in a lot of pain yesterday and again today, not helped by an hour drive to the office, then being sat at a desk all day and another hour drive back home

Trying to stretch as much as possible to ease the problem, but it isn't doing the trick at the moment

Fortunately I have got an appointment with my physio tomorrow evening, which will be gratefully received

I’m desperate for some normalcy in my routines.

We were playing as a fivesome today, and even though we're pretty quick players, we're still a fivesome. A single came up behind us on #11 (par 3) and we marked on the green and invited him to play through. He proceeds to shank his drive out into the desert, take 3 more strokes to get to the green, then three-putt (taking time to line up each putt, even the last one of about two feet) before thanking us and heading to the next tee. We finish the hole (all five of us), go to the next tee box, and have to wait to hit because he's still in the fairway on #12. We finally hit our tee shots, and while two of our guys are looking for balls, another twosome comes up behind us and jumps past us to the next hole - no big deal, they're members and we know they play fast.

For the remainder of the round, that single was continually holding up a twosome and a fivesome behind him. And he wasn't playing multiple balls or anything - he was just THAT slow. C'mon dude, find another gear, I've seen sloths move faster than that! He's a member and has his own cart, but none of us knew him. We figure he was probably playing by himself because nobody else can stand to play with him because of that pace (there are a couple members like that).

We were playing as a fivesome today, and even though we're pretty quick players, we're still a fivesome. A single came up behind us on #11 (par 3) and we marked on the green and invited him to play through. He proceeds to shank his drive out into the desert, take 3 more strokes to get to the green, then three-putt (taking time to line up each putt, even the last one of about two feet) before thanking us and heading to the next tee. We finish the hole (all five of us), go to the next tee box, and have to wait to hit because he's still in the fairway on #12. We finally hit our tee shots, and while two of our guys are looking for balls, another twosome comes up behind us and jumps past us to the next hole - no big deal, they're members and we know they play fast.

For the remainder of the round, that single was continually holding up a twosome and a fivesome behind him. And he wasn't playing multiple balls or anything - he was just THAT slow. C'mon dude, find another gear, I've seen sloths move faster than that! He's a member and has his own cart, but none of us knew him. We figure he was probably playing by himself because nobody else can stand to play with him because of that pace (there are a couple members like that).
Yep. I don't care if you suck. Just suck fast.

Wait a minute............................😈

I've been battling back pain for almost 3 weeks now which has reduced my practice and playing. I need this to get better already

Yep. I don't care if you suck. Just suck fast.

Wait a minute............................😈
Sounds weird and has that 'giggity' thing going on, but that's exactly what I say too! :LOL:

Yeah, we've played as a seven or eight-some behind a slow twosome to try and prove a point. Some people just don't get it.

You ever just sit there in an office chair and all of the sudden your muscles seize up from below your shoulder blade up to the top of your neck? Yea....

You ever just sit there in an office chair and all of the sudden your muscles seize up from below your shoulder blade up to the top of your neck? Yea....
Nope, that usually happens when I am a$$ deep in a boat contorted up like a pretzel and can't move to stretch anything! 😡

Nope, that usually happens when I am a$$ deep in a boat contorted up like a pretzel and can't move to stretch anything! 😡
Hey this isn’t a competition! At least not one I want to win :LOL:

Theragun!

Can't believe that I played the first five holes great and double bogeyed each of my last four. I lost my rhythm and focus. Golf is a strange game. Nine holes is all I can stand these days. But I digress....

With less vehicles on the road due to stay-at-home order the stunt/racer drivers are back. I witnessed several vehicles doing the three and four lane slalom to get thru traffic. I also had numerous vehicles go by me like I was standing still. If I had been able to make out the plate on one of them I would have called 911 to report it, but he went by so quick and had one of those tinted covers on the plate so no chance.

Tell you what, if you want to drive like Jason Statham in Transporter, go out and do it at 3:00 in the morning while the rest of us are asleep. Give them a chance to have it cleaned up by the time we need to go to work.

I got news. they've always been around. Years ago, when I was running sales routes up in Cleveland, there was a motorcycle group who called themselves the Star Boys. I was heading back home on I-480, the interstate bypass that runs south of the city. Admittedly, it's not LA, only 4 lanes one way, but it's a zoo! Especially in the Spring when the weather starts getting nice. It's a 75 degree day in May, I'm doing 75 in the right lane and barely keeping up. Then here come the Star Boys doing wheelies down the lane lines at 100+ MPH! talk about freaky!

Sounds like you get what we called "boat back"! You can do something about that. We used to come back from our Canada fishing trips just about crippled. And we were young at the time! Then I found boat seats that you can affix to a "rowboat" seat that has a back to it, much like a "stadium seat" for when you need to sit on bleachers. There's a back to it, and padding, so you can sit upright and get some lumbar support! Was a lifesaver for us on subsequent trips!

Oh, I forgot my rant! What the heck is up with this weather? Cold and rainy, cold and rainy, cold and rainy!!! Ridiculous. They were talking about possible snow a couple of nights ago! Up here in NE Ohio we were getting bounce and runout in April, and that never happens! Well, that's all gone, and it's screwing up the morel season!

Sounds like you get what we called "boat back"! You can do something about that. We used to come back from our Canada fishing trips just about crippled. And we were young at the time! Then I found boat seats that you can affix to a "rowboat" seat that has a back to it, much like a "stadium seat" for when you need to sit on bleachers. There's a back to it, and padding, so you can sit upright and get some lumbar support! Was a lifesaver for us on subsequent trips!
I'm not talking about being out on a boat, I manage/mechanic a marina up here and I'm talking down in the engine compartments working on them. This has been my latest project.
20210428_152125.jpg

Oh, I forgot my rant! What the heck is up with this weather? Cold and rainy, cold and rainy, cold and rainy!!! Ridiculous. They were talking about possible snow a couple of nights ago! Up here in NE Ohio we were getting bounce and runout in April, and that never happens! Well, that's all gone, and it's screwing up the morel season!
It’s not about pop up ads and yelling at admins? So many unanswered questions in your thread 😂

I kid I kid 🙃🙃🙃

i think the job application to be a starter on a golf course consists of one single question: are you an a$$hole? if you say yes, you're hired.

i had a very early tee time today and got to the course as the sun was coming up. i had time to hit a small bucket, so i'm doing that while they're still pulling carts out. the range was on mats, with grass just in front and i see a ton of broken tees on the grass so i ask one of the employees pulling out carts if i can hit driver off the grass. he says yes. a few minutes later the starter hollers at me to get off the grass, to which i tell him one of the employees told me i could hit driver. he then argues with me and makes it a thing, so i stop and go back to the mat. then i go to starter about 8 minutes before my tee time, and he says the group i'm paired with is teeing off go catch up with them in the fairway. so i missed playing a hole because he sent me off early. just not the start to the day i wanted.

I got news. they've always been around. Years ago, when I was running sales routes up in Cleveland, there was a motorcycle group who called themselves the Star Boys. I was heading back home on I-480, the interstate bypass that runs south of the city. Admittedly, it's not LA, only 4 lanes one way, but it's a zoo! Especially in the Spring when the weather starts getting nice. It's a 75 degree day in May, I'm doing 75 in the right lane and barely keeping up. Then here come the Star Boys doing wheelies down the lane lines at 100+ MPH! talk about freaky!

Yep, this weather is totally ridiculous in NE Ohio! Rain and cold with a touch of cloudiness every day.

i think the job application to be a starter on a golf course consists of one single question: are you an a$$hole? if you say yes, you're hired.

i had a very early tee time today and got to the course as the sun was coming up. i had time to hit a small bucket, so i'm doing that while they're still pulling carts out. the range was on mats, with grass just in front and i see a ton of broken tees on the grass so i ask one of the employees pulling out carts if i can hit driver off the grass. he says yes. a few minutes later the starter hollers at me to get off the grass, to which i tell him one of the employees told me i could hit driver. he then argues with me and makes it a thing, so i stop and go back to the mat. then i go to starter about 8 minutes before my tee time, and he says the group i'm paired with is teeing off go catch up with them in the fairway. so i missed playing a hole because he sent me off early. just not the start to the day i wanted.
@troyefl would not have stood for that.

Another day of rain and snow in NE Ohio.....Don't know if I should build an ark or search for a dog sled team.

was this your home course?!

We have been kicked off the grass when hitting drivers on mat days. But the early send out without confirming with the group is absolutely crazy.

was this your home course?!

We have been kicked off the grass when hitting drivers on mat days. But the early send out without confirming with the group is absolutely crazy.

no. the course you may be thinking of is no longer my home course, i quit at the end of last year. my new "home course" is shingle creek in orlando. this was providence golf club in davenport.

i have zero problems getting kicked off the grass. my issue is i asked an employee before i hit there and was given the ok. then the starter yelled at me, and continued to argue with my after i told him i had asked and been granted permission by one of their own employees!

the early sendoff was pretty frustrating. they didn't call out my name to tell me they were sending me out early. had i walked up at my tee time, who knows when they would have put me out.

they just acted like they were doing me a favor by letting me play their course. it's a fine course. but i paid less than $40. get the f*** over yourself.

Sometimes......its just not worth the BS that comes right after the attempt at diving in.

People are buying all the gas here in Wilmywood!

Kidney stone....

Back