Official Rant of the Day

He is a nice guy. He understands it too. At the same time he booked this ticket and seat because he said he wanted to be off early.
At least he's a nice guy, last time I sat by a really big guy, who was in the middle seat, he looks at me and the guy in the window seat and says something like, "I know I'm a pretty big guy, sucks to be you guys.", and made himself comfortable at our expense for the next three hours.

giphy.gif

The person next to me on plane doesn’t fit in his seat. I mean at all. His sides completely cover the armrest on both sides (he is in middle) and he had to stand to get the tray out because the armrest won’t open without him standing.

I feel bad for him. I genuinely do, but at the same time, you have to know your limitations. The lady on the other side of him is standing in the aisle for the majority of the flight due to this and I am just crammed into the window.

Is this on the airlines or the individual?

TO me, and I travel for work on occasion, its on the airlines. Once the Attendant is made aware of the situation, she should be handling it by either moving one of you to an available seat, removing him to afire another in addition to his. I sympathies with folks with size disorders for various reasons having worked in the medical field in the military, but there is a limit. you are being inconvenienced for the full fare you booked and paid for.

My rant today is snow. I hate it in my yard. I love it in the mountains but it is too early for this.

TO me, and I travel for work on occasion, its on the airlines. Once the Attendant is made aware of the situation, she should be handling it by either moving one of you to an available seat, removing him to afire another in addition to his. I sympathies with folks with size disorders for various reasons having worked in the medical field in the military, but there is a limit. you are being inconvenienced for the full fare you booked and paid for.

Totally full flight.

My wife's 2016 Acura RDX was hit by a box truck in NYC last week. Big damage right side, front fender, both doors and rear fender! Well, if that wasn't enough, she drove over a curb Friday night and damaged the undercarriage with more the $1000 worth of damage. 2 freaking accidents in one week! 2 $500 deductibles! Plus, my accident that totaled my Honda Crosstour last May! Not a very good year for my insurance rates!!:mad::mad:

I am buying tickets to a concert for the wife... it is unreal that there is a $61 charge on each ticket for a "service fee".

Just got back from the doctors. Sicilia has bronchitis. Gonna be a fun couple of days.

Every endocrinologist office within a hour of our house absolutely sucks. My wife's current one is giving her grief over an insulin refill because she hasn't been in recently enough, after they canceled her last appt (2 weeks ago) when the doctor couldn't make it. Her rescheduled appt is next week, but that doesn't seem to matter.

This seems to be the M.O. for these guys around here, as it's not the first time this has happened to her in the last 5+ years.

Our 10 year old dryer died. We put $300ish into a repair 2 years ago and I’m really hesitant to put more money into it. Ugh.
Yay me! Just the element. Now, about those new wedges....

I HATE having a thumb injury. You don't realise how much you utilise it until you cut the top of it off.

People today get way too up in their feels on the internet.

I’ll add to my rant. I got sick as hell yesterday, I’m barely upright now, didn’t get anything done I was supposed to yesterday and now am behind again.

I see some of the confrontations on the interwebs and I steer clear. I have no desire to add stress and rage in my life, they are there from every day life anyway. Different stroke for different folks I guess :unsure:.

TF is that supposed to mean? You talking about me? :ROFLMAO:

I’m done with this year too much bad **** going on personally and it just got kicked up a notch. Trying to claw my way back to normal and now it feels like a punch to the gut and I’m back farther than I was.

Sick 3 year old Day 2- The Reckoning

Every endocrinologist office within a hour of our house absolutely sucks. My wife's current one is giving her grief over an insulin refill because she hasn't been in recently enough, after they canceled her last appt (2 weeks ago) when the doctor couldn't make it. Her rescheduled appt is next week, but that doesn't seem to matter.

This seems to be the M.O. for these guys around here, as it's not the first time this has happened to her in the last 5+ years.

I know what you mean! I now have my Primary Physician refill my insulin. Just tell them that you feel light headed and may have to go to the hospital. That usually speeds things up.:mad::mad::(

He is a nice guy. He understands it too. At the same time he booked this ticket and seat because he said he wanted to be off early.
As a big fella myself, I always try and get the window or isle seat so I can lean into it and give the middle seat some room.

Here to rant and get some sympathy from my golf buddies :D
Okay, so my city has a Crimewatch Facebook group. Many many times a day people are posting they got broke into, vehicle broke into or stolen etc.
Every effing time they had forgotten to lock it, left the keys in it and/or left valuables in plain site. One dummy put a projector in their front yard to shine a christmas scene on their house. It lasted a 1/2 hour, gone. Try and chastise them even a little and all you get back is "Stealing is wrong, I shouldn't have to lock anything". Yea, where did that get you, you Dimbulb. My insurance just went up because you are stupid/Lazy or both.
Last night some dumba** left his keys in his brand new 3500 duramax with a brand new Honda Pioneer in the back. Gone.
I asked him how they stole it that I thought they were theft proof. He snarked me back "You ever make a mistake in your life, I'm not perfect, I forgot the keys in it".
So I replied"Sure I've made lots of mistakes, but never a $100,000 dollar mistake. Got jumped by the bleeding hearts for that one.
It's just a fact of life and always has been, lock your **** up or it's gone.

Last edited:
I see some of the confrontations on the interwebs and I steer clear. I have no desire to add stress and rage in my life, they are there from every day life anyway. Different stroke for different folks I guess :unsure:.

Just try making one comment on a news or sports post on instagram and then sit back and watch the stream of vitriol that comes your way for having an opinion. You should have seen what I got when I responded to a post about returning the "land" to the Native Americans by suggesting that that might not be feasible at this late date.

For Thanksgiving I went to Saint Martin for the week. And lucky me I got sick. Didn’t realize how sick until I got back. Went to the doctor today and not only do I have the flu. I also have pneumonia. Awesome! No golf for me for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a big believer in how important the media is in our society, but when you have some local click bait reporter claiming to be a journalist you wonder why some are losing faith.

I get into a twitter battle with local reporter from our newspaper because he isn’t happy I don’t like to publicly post salaries of our public employees. Yes, we must post if requested, but I don’t like to post someone’s personal salary. Plus, you gotta love a reporter on purposely posting information in a way that misleads the public knowingly. Just post the news as it is. Leave your opinion and misleading information out. You might get more clicks if you were not trying to mislead people so much.

Daughter is still sick. Her nose is running like a faucet. So many snot bubbles!?

Daughter is still sick. Her nose is running like a faucet. So many snot bubbles!?
My 4 y.o ran over to me a few weeks ago, with probably the same sickness your little one has, and in a panic says "There's so much snot!" So funny, but so true. Hopefully she gets over it soon!

Back