Official Rant of the Day

Every time we go down to the beach, my wife packs so much stuff, it looks like we are trying to retake Omaha Beach! Then, it just turns into an episode of “The Griswolds go to the Ocean!” Just a comedy of errors really. I’m hot, tired, angry, and covered in sand, but hey we’re having FUN!!!:rolleyes::mad:

So, a curious question came up with me.

I was a bit perturbed but didn't say anything.

I had recently purchased a new set of irons and a putter after a fitting with @Club Champion. The irons came in first and when I went to pick them up the person gave them all to me just as a group of irons. No box, nothing holding them together, just 6 thru PW each by themselves.

A few weeks later I went back to pick up the putter ordered and again, just the putter by itself with no box or anything.

Is this normal for most? And, would it bother you to purchase a new set of clubs and just get the clubs by themself?

So, a curious question came up with me.

I was a bit perturbed but didn't say anything.

I had recently purchased a new set of irons and a putter after a fitting with @Club Champion. The irons came in first and when I went to pick them up the person gave them all to me just as a group of irons. No box, nothing holding them together, just 6 thru PW each by themselves.

A few weeks later I went back to pick up the putter ordered and again, just the putter by itself with no box or anything.

Is this normal for most? And, would it bother you to purchase a new set of clubs and just get the clubs by themself?

We get this question sometimes — why aren't my clubs boxed up? Most golfers pop their clubs right in their bag when they pick them up so boxing every order wouldn't be prudent or environmentally friendly since those materials would just be tossed out. The clubs are shipped to the store securely and then checked out by the fitters upon arrival before being set aside for pick up. Our fitters are happy to box up an order if you didn't bring your bag with you to the store.

Note: When clubs are shipped from the shop to your home/office directly, they're outfitted with foam to prevent damage and are secured for shipment. The statement above is only for clubs that are picked up at the store.

A few weeks back I scratched my Oakley Prizm lenses while at work, so of course I ordered a replacement set to replace them. Today I was up on the roof of a six storey building and the wind picked up and blew both my hat and glasses off my head. When I picked up the glasses there were multiple scratches across one of the lenses. I hope they don't look too closely at my expense report at the end of the month:rolleyes:

Every time we go down to the beach, my wife packs so much stuff, it looks like we are trying to retake Omaha Beach! Then, it just turns into an episode of “The Griswolds go to the Ocean!” Just a comedy of errors really. I’m hot, tired, angry, and covered in sand, but hey we’re having FUN!!!:rolleyes::mad:

If Mrs Eisenhower had packed everyone’s bags for D-Day, we’d all be speaking German today.

To customers that get mad at you because you didn’t call them back or return their email after they tell you they got your automatic email saying you were on vacation and didn’t have access to your emails. You did read that if you need anything please email my office manager and she will help. Only to get no I only like talking to you. Then why are you mad? “Because you didn’t call while on vacation.” 🤦‍♂️

edit to add: Working with the public just gotta love it. 😂

When the company that employed me was sold, the purchasing company wanted to hire me. Not only was I familiar with the product line, I was responsible for acquiring a lot of it! I was a big part of the reason the purchasing company wanted us.

I told my future manager that we had a fishing trip to Canada scheduled in June which we had already paid for! My skin was in that game. And if hiring on at his company cancelled that, I would not go there! He told me that he could make arrangements so that I could go. It was a lot of work setting things up for me to be gone, but I had a bigger company's resources behind me, computers, printers, copiers, which did make it easier.

Shortly before I left, my manager asked me how he could get in touch with me in case of some extreme circumstance. I cannot describe to you the immense pleasure I felt at telling him that he could not! No phones up there. No roads, other than the railroad.

I spent a week in heaven, never having a thought about work! I didn't have one of those thoughts until I arrived home and unpacked.

Last edited:
A few weeks back I scratched my Oakley Prizm lenses while at work, so of course I ordered a replacement set to replace them. Today I was up on the roof of a six storey building and the wind picked up and blew both my hat and glasses off my head. When I picked up the glasses there were multiple scratches across one of the lenses. I hope they don't look too closely at my expense report at the end of the month:rolleyes:
That sucks. Was it the same side lens that got scratched? If not can you just put the old one that good in and still have two good lenses?

That sucks. Was it the same side lens that got scratched? If not can you just put the old one that good in and still have two good lenses?
Mmmm I'm not sure - I didn't keep the old lenses. Normally I would have, probably for 3 or 4 years but I'm trying no to be a hoarder:ROFLMAO:

No rain all day and as soon as I tee off.
0C623CD4-C25C-41DE-9BF2-A257A6806B7D.jpeg

Water hazard on the green!
We need to ship this rain to the West Coast!

BA843720-5782-4F8E-8879-12805CCAF94A.jpeg

Brother's dog passed away suddenly the other day.
Barely a year old.
His kids are devastated. Just so sad and random.

There was a break in tjhe monsoon, so I trimmed a few bushes around the outside tonight. Couldn't complete a burning bush because I uncovered a bird's nest with two little birdlings in it. If I had been half an inch lower I would have mangled them, and they still may not make it because now the nest is exposed. I didn't know it was there, but I thought I'd waited long enough to avoid this. If it had been a chipmunk or mice, I wouldn't have sweated it, but birds? All they do is eat bugs and bomb my car. Feeling much regret right now.

LOL. Picking a lane at the grocery store is like picking a lane at Customs on the Peace Bridge or Rainbow Bridge. Sometimes you pick the right one and sometimes it takes forever as you watch the lane you almost chose move along @Junkyard

LOL. Picking a lane at the grocery store is like picking a lane at Customs on the Peace Bridge or Rainbow Bridge. Sometimes you pick the right one and sometimes it takes forever as you watch the lane you almost chose move along @Junkyard
Just get on line with one thing in your hand, every one will let you move up to the front after all you only have one item, Then when you get up to the belt you empty your pockets with all your other items turn look at them, smile and say thanks, see ya.

Sorry I posted my issue here. Let’s make a positive spin on it and just enjoy the game we all enjoy. Seriously golf is fun and so many great people to meet.

Sorry I posted my issue here. Let’s make a positive spin on it and just enjoy the game we all enjoy. Seriously golf is fun and so many great people to meet.

I for one feel no need for you to apologize. You have received a ton of encouragement from a lot of THPers, many of whom have walked a more than a few rounds in your shoes. That's because that's what this community is about.

Perhaps you can take comfort in what Lucy told Charlie Brown from the Psychiatric Help booth: "Well, as they say on TV, the mere fact that you realize you need help, indicates that you are not too far gone."

I for one feel no need for you to apologize. You have received a ton of encouragement from a lot of THPers, many of whom have walked a more than a few rounds in your shoes. That's because that's what this community is about.

Perhaps you can take comfort in what Lucy told Charlie Brown from the Psychiatric Help booth: "Well, as they say on TV, the mere fact that you realize you need help, indicates that you are not too far gone."
Thank you my brother. It’s just been a tough day. All I know is to talk about it.

Being a single doesn't give you the right to start wherever you want on the golf course. We where finished on 3 and walking back to the carts and noticed a single heading to 4 tee box. He got up there and was teeing a ball as we pulled up. My cartner said stay calm, as I asked him why he thought it was okay to just jump in front of us as he seen us coming up. "Well there is a family of 4 on 1's fairway I can get out ahead of you guys". I told him you could at least Fu#$ing ask if we mind you going ahead of us!!!!!! Do yo see the 2some ahead of us, there isn't anywhere for you to go!!!! The family would let you play thru. He jetted off and picked up his ball in the junk that he snap hooked OB and skipped the rest of the hole.

Really hate playing at a local muni sometimes and am going to look for another course to join next year.

People that don't own dogs come to your house and are annoyed every 3 seconds because your dog is acting like a dog. There's the door, don't let it hit your ass on the way out 😆

many uncle is like that. Walks in and tells my dogs 'pretend you're good dogs'

as they sit and don't bother him 😑

Being a single doesn't give you the right to start wherever you want on the golf course. We where finished on 3 and walking back to the carts and noticed a single heading to 4 tee box. He got up there and was teeing a ball as we pulled up. My cartner said stay calm, as I asked him why he thought it was okay to just jump in front of us as he seen us coming up. "Well there is a family of 4 on 1's fairway I can get out ahead of you guys". I told him you could at least Fu#$ing ask if we mind you going ahead of us!!!!!! Do yo see the 2some ahead of us, there isn't anywhere for you to go!!!! The family would let you play thru. He jetted off and picked up his ball in the junk that he snap hooked OB and skipped the rest of the hole.

Really hate playing at a local muni sometimes and am going to look for another course to join next year.
c2e6b11b676aa72bb789efc99db3f898.jpg
😎

Back