Official Rant of the Day

TL;DR my son got a new job. I'm proud of my kid.:)
My home phone messed up. It got fixed.:D

Not a rant. My son has been working as a subcontracted employee for a company in my area. He's been there for just over a year. His goal was to get hired on by the main company (discounts on their products and pay raise being the major driving factors). Well he applied, (there was a 3-4 week response from them receiving his application to them responding in email) "take this test at this location."

My son took the test and his results were immediately posted to the company. They emailed "send us your resume." We did that. Then nothing for a month. We thought "nothing to worry about. Covid... it was 3-4 weeks from his application to his test..."

We're one of those people that still have a land line. I noticed a couple of caller ID calls from the company but no message left. I chalked it up to spoofed numbers from SPAM callers. Those happen a LOT in my area on my cell phone.

At week 4 or so, my son sends an email to the company asking for an update. They responded "we have tried calling you several times. Your voice mail box is full.":eek:

Voice mail.:confused: Voice mail?:confused2: I've got voice mail on my home phone?o_O:oops::eek: My wife and I never used it. We didn't know it. We always used an answering machine.

Anyway, to shorten this story, I got the phone thing straightened out, my son got in contact with the company, had his interview today! :) And was offered a position.:) He starts there in a couple of weeks. (y)(y)Since he's already working there as a subcontractor, it's not going to be much of a change other than the company name changing on his identification.

Sorry this is so long. I'm proud of my son and what he's accomplished since he graduated high school a couple years ago.:cool: I just had to tell someone. He's so excited about it he's almost beside himself!

A friend of mine, the lead diesel instructor at the college, passed this morning from Covid! He caught it last Saturday and died in 1 week!! Early 40s, no health issues, worked out daily, strong as an ox!😡😢

Freaking migraine.

every package fedex was supposed to deliver yesterday is delayed...

This week can just die already.
Last Saturday both kids started puking in the middle of the night, and this went on for a day.
Sunday night my wife gets it.
Tuesday night I get it.... and puke from 12am to 8am that day, every 10 minutes for 8 hours straight. My sides still hurt, and have completely lost my voice from it.
******** at work continues.
The wife's phone on warranty won't take a charge. It's got all the baby pictures on it. So we are out the money apparently to change the charge port card (sealed unit), and void the warranty, because for it to be fixed on warranty they have to wipe the phone..... which is garbage.
My day with the kids today, and neither the 3 or 1 year old napped more than an hour (of that time I was holding the 1 year old).

Just absolutely gassed. Haven't slept more than 4 hours a night in over a week, no energy, no patience.

This week can just die already.
Last Saturday both kids started puking in the middle of the night, and this went on for a day.
Sunday night my wife gets it.
Tuesday night I get it.... and puke from 12am to 8am that day, every 10 minutes for 8 hours straight. My sides still hurt, and have completely lost my voice from it.
******** at work continues.
The wife's phone on warranty won't take a charge. It's got all the baby pictures on it. So we are out the money apparently to change the charge port card (sealed unit), and void the warranty, because for it to be fixed on warranty they have to wipe the phone..... which is garbage.
My day with the kids today, and neither the 3 or 1 year old napped more than an hour (of that time I was holding the 1 year old).

Just absolutely gassed. Haven't slept more than 4 hours a night in over a week, no energy, no patience.

I used to work on some phones and it's been about 3 years ago ,but I know of NO reason the phone would need a factory reset (wiped ) to replace the charge port, warranty or not. The only thing would be if the charge part is part of the the main mother board that contains the memory and/ or microprocessor instead of a seperate small board like they used to be.

It could be the phone would just be replaced instead of fixed... and the "wiped" part of the fix is that it's a different phone.

Were the photos saved to the cloud? Or A cloud? Or the SIM card?

Does the phone take a charge at all? Can it take an inductive charge? You know, one of those circular recharging pads the phone rests on and it can receive a charge that way? Or contactless recharge or whatever it's called.:confused2:

A friend of mine, the lead diesel instructor at the college, passed this morning from Covid! He caught it last Saturday and died in 1 week!! Early 40s, no health issues, worked out daily, strong as an ox!😡😢
My condolences. I'm sorry to hear that.

I want it to be Hoodie SZN already. 😢
Come on up. We’ve been rocking hoodies for about a month already…

It could be the phone would just be replaced instead of fixed... and the "wiped" part of the fix is that it's a different phone.

Does the phone take a charge at all? Can it take an inductive charge? You know, one of those circular recharging pads the phone rests on and it can receive a charge that way? Or contactless recharge or whatever it's called.:confused2:

I’m very curious on the wireless charge as a possibility too. Smart thinking! I would definitely try to see if that help before making any big phone decisions. Belkin has one from target for $30, would be a good test. If it doesn’t work, you have one for another phone.

every package fedex was supposed to deliver yesterday is delayed...
Same, i concluded after this summer of buying crap, nothing is worse than FedEx ground. And I’m presently waiting on yet another multi day delayed package myself.

Bit into a jalepeno popper and the cheese squirted out, was so hot it literally burned the outside of my lip :mad:

Bit into a jalepeno popper and the cheese squirted out, was so hot it literally burned the outside of my lip :mad:
Those things are mini nuclear bombs! 🤯

Same, i concluded after this summer of buying crap, nothing is worse than FedEx ground. And I’m presently waiting on yet another multi day delayed package myself.

two of mine are 2-day...from 6hrs away

two of mine are 2-day...from 6hrs away
Oof, mine going from NC to VA. Roughly 300 miles total, was estimated for last Thursday. I sympathize.

Not saved to the cloud, or to a sim.... well because we are idiots.
Won't take a charge at all, won't even ping that the cord is plugged in. Can't take inductive charge, not equipped with the tech.

The hope is that by taking to a local repair that they can just repair it, instead of the phone provider just swapping it to fix the problem.

Not saved to the cloud, or to a sim.... well because we are idiots.
Won't take a charge at all, won't even ping that the cord is plugged in. Can't take inductive charge, not equipped with the tech.

The hope is that by taking to a local repair that they can just repair it, instead of the phone provider just swapping it to fix the problem.

Especially if it's an Android,it should be a fairly easy fix for a local phone tech.Even the new Samsungs are pretty easy to replace the charge port.The tricky part is getting the glass back off with out breaking it.If it's an Apple it is another story.They are a royal PIA to do anything with ,but they can be fixed if the tech is experienced at all.

Don’t think we can road trip that one though…
I'll fly. Eff it. Let's get past delta rambda gambda and then we'll rip up there.
We have roads!! Alaska Highway leads pretty much to my doorstep!

Or fly, we have an international airport too!

Tooth pain and dental costs...arrgggh.

Back