Official Rant of the Day

I sat on my sunglasses.

From seeing what shift work did to my dad and the people in the plant I managed, I’m convinced the best solution is fixed - not rotating - twelve hour shifts. There was grumbling when we went to it, but after three months the plant people never wanted to switch back. The big thing is something like 180 workdays for 12s vs ~240 for 8s.

I worked 4 on 4 off 12's for close to 10 years, although ours was 2 days then 2 nights. It wasn't a bad shift to have.

My package shipped from 200 miles, or 4 hours away. It’s gone 80 miles in one day and has not moved since. It’s scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

I’ll say it again FedEx ground is the very worst way to ship anything for any reason ever.

purchased on the 3rd.
Now bumped to the 16th, package decided to Go West!! To West Virginia! 200/13(days)…15 miles a day out .6 miles per hour.

I sat on my sunglasses.
That is the worst thing ever. I sat on a pair of Electric Knoxvilles 2 summers ago and was so ticked because they were given to me and were my favorite glasses. Reached out to Electric and they said they couldn't replace as is out of warranty, which is what I expected but gave me 40% off a new pair if I wanted to buy. I said gladly!!!

AITA? Walking on the trail and a bike comes up behind me “bike on the….right” of course I always move to the right side instinctively….then he had to brake, and made a huff and shook his head at me. I know better but I said “don’t shake your head at me dip scheet “ and he yelled walk on the right side of the effing path”. Haha

My question would be why would you have to "move" to the right. Shoulda been there already.

My question would be why would you have to "move" to the right. Shoulda been there already.
Might have been 3 feet from the right side of 8 foot wide trail. What kind of bicycle do you ride when you pass people on the right?

The rise of energy drinks. Nothing against them really, but they now take up two full sections of the convenience store leaving very little space for ice tea. Green Leaf was my only option today, no Arizona, no Snapple…. It bothered me.
If you're not drinking Peace Tea, you're doing it wrong.

If you're not drinking Peace Tea, you're doing it wrong.
I'll happily add Peace Tea to the list. Just Peachy is typically pulled if an option.

Instead I'm faced with two full cooler sections of energy drinks :mad:

FFS, wear a helmet when you ride a bicycle, especially at night. Just saw a dude get hit by a car and he did not. He’s alive, but homie got wrecked pretty bad. Top of the head was quite the mess, thankfully I had a towel in my car to let the guy put pressure on it.

I'll happily add Peace Tea to the list. Just Peachy is typically pulled if an option.

Instead I'm faced with two full cooler sections of energy drinks :mad:
I think the Sunoco on the corner has lots of Peace Tea flavors including maybe green tea. At least it did quite a while ago.

FFS, wear a helmet when you ride a bicycle, especially at night. Just saw a dude get hit by a car and he did not. He’s alive, but homie got wrecked pretty bad. Top of the head was quite the mess, thankfully I had a towel in my car to let the guy put pressure on it.
Whoa. Please tell me it wasn’t your car

Whoa. Please tell me it wasn’t your car

No, I saw the cyclist as I driving and made sure to give him plenty of space. Cyclist was pulling into a gas station, made his turn behind my car as I was going into a turning lane. Car coming from the south turned going west, didn’t see biker bro in the middle of the road. Was going probably 20ish mph when he hit the bike, and I watched the entire thing go down.

Covid. It’s decided to run through the house and it landed on me late Sunday night. Luckily symptoms are mild with low grade fever and body aches, but it still sucks. I’m thankful my oldest fought it last week and has recovered. My wife tested positive but is not showing any symptoms other than congestion and a cough.

Welp our trash pickup didn’t happen last week because of a staffing shortage. That’s fun.

Second vote for the noggin protector. See little to no helmets on the Withlacoochee State Trail here. And it’s irritating and dangerous to see bikers ignore crossing signals. Recumbent riders more so than others.

Pretty sure I don’t have enough time today to get the things I need to get done, done.

Where's a cop when you need one?

West East
12 34
| | | | | | <-- 4 lane divided road with median.

I'm Eastbound this morning in lane 4. I'm going 38MPH in a 35 zone... the area is known (as far as I know) to have intermittent police patrols. As I approach the 45MPH speed limit sign, a blue pickup pulls up next to me in lane 3. They were going faster than I was but they see my car and think "cop" because it looks like a cop car.:rolleyes: They slow down and pace me.

A moment later, a white pickup comes up behind the blue truck in lane 3, accelerates around the truck in the median, and gets back in lane 3 after passing. (Illegal pass).

Now, the blue truck accelerates hard to catch up with the white truck, moves over into lane 4 and then gets in front of white pickup.:eek:

I'm thinking "OOH! Here comes a brake check!" or some sort of road rage incident... and I'd stop and tell the cop "yep, it happened back there when the white truck went around the blue on in the median"... but alas:cry: such was not the case.:ROFLMAO:

Regardless, I've seen that same white pickup pass in the median before.

Moral of the story: Drive safely.:)

I’m tired of rain washing out my golf plans.

Woo girls. Over your noise, ladies. It’s too early and I’m too sober for this mess

from what i've been told they only get louder. congrats?

Woo girls. Over your noise, ladies. It’s too early and I’m too sober for this mess
Look at me! I'm doing something and including a glass of wine in the picture to show you I'm fun, but sophisticated!

Back