Official Rant of the Day

gotta love people that think they know more about how to do your job then you....24 years, i'm pretty sure i know what i'm doing. but nah, you're right
Yup, gotta love the people that say" Well, I was on YouTube and it doesn't look that hard!" 🙄

Arrive back from MI after driving 7 hours and GG and I are running errands when all of the sudden my car says it is overheating and out of coolant.

it’s a 2019 mind you, so it was pretty concerning but I added a gallon of coolant, which of course is now on my garage floor because it leaked right through.

I contact BMW and they say I should call roadside assistance and have it towed to the dealership. With so many trips upcoming this is not what I needed, but it’s under warranty and at least my next trip is flying.

Good for you!

IMO, he should be forced to turn in his boss card. No truly good manager would say something like that, even in jest. There was a time at my current employer when HR would go off (professionally, of course) when somebody either boasted or griped about not taking all of his/her vacation. The party line was that time away form work was essential to recharging and maintaining performance over the long haul. The CEO responsible for the worst morale I have seen in aa company held weekly all hands meeting, and as every holiday approached, he would say something like "Thursday is Christmas Day. But remember, holidays are optional here."
That was exactly what he told me - Christmas is a good day to take off. You know what? I normally feel guilty about taking time off because I know I am the only person capable of doing certain things. However, it has been 24 months since I took a weeks holidays, and those 24 months have NOT been easy. He approved 2 weeks, but I am only going to take one. Oh, and I also have a pretty good idea how many afternoons he takes off to golf without telling anyone

Yeah, I feel that with the time off. There never is a 'good' time.

It's so true - it seems like a good idea when you book it but when the time comes.....

The truth of it all however is that the work will still be there when I get back, so what's the big deal?

So, I know I'm probably late to the party on this but: travel during covid. "We recommend arriving 3 hours before your flight to accommodate delays".
Yes - what they didn't specify was that it should be 3 hours the day BEFORE your flight.
20 minutes dropping baggage. 35 minutes after dropping baggage to get through security. A couple of minutes shy of 2 hours to get through customs after clearing security. People around me were losing their minds, because they had flight times that had passed while we were in line. They tried line jumping, but security kept telling them not to worry.
As it was, I cleared at 10:58 for an 11:00 scheduled departure. Made the plane and sat for another 45 minutes before pushing back. The worst part? My nexus card was sitting on the coffee table at home :banghead:

Arrive back from MI after driving 7 hours and GG and I are running errands when all of the sudden my car says it is overheating and out of coolant.

it’s a 2019 mind you, so it was pretty concerning but I added a gallon of coolant, which of course is now on my garage floor because it leaked right through.

I contact BMW and they say I should call roadside assistance and have it towed to the dealership. With so many trips upcoming this is not what I needed, but it’s under warranty and at least my next trip is flying.
Oh that sucks BAD. Damn dude.

That was exactly what he told me - Christmas is a good day to take off. You know what? I normally feel guilty about taking time off because I know I am the only person capable of doing certain things. However, it has been 24 months since I took a weeks holidays, and those 24 months have NOT been easy. He approved 2 weeks, but I am only going to take one. Oh, and I also have a pretty good idea how many afternoons he takes off to golf without telling anyone

It's so true - it seems like a good idea when you book it but when the time comes.....

The truth of it all however is that the work will still be there when I get back, so what's the big deal?

I don't really fully know your work situation, but this idea came to mind. I think I'd let him know that when you are alone. And tell him something like, "But don't worry, it's just between us. At least until it's not!" You might have him by the man berries!

Oh that sucks BAD. Damn dude.
Yeah they are coming to pick it up tomorrow and hopefully it’s something simple. Otherwise I will trade it in dammit 😬

I mean, I cry already, in my soul, every time it's long.
Like someone said , "Poor Dan, my swing is off and I only get 200 yd. 7 irons" 🙄🤣

Our city manager wrote an article in the local paper. She points out that our city’s median income increased by $18k per year over the last decade as if that’s a bad thing. I’m happy to see our median income go up.

Update to yesterdays saga. Bmw roadside is on their way to take my car to the dealership.

I had to back it out of garage and upon doing so, you see how much leaked out as soon as it was put in.

hopefully it’s an easy warranty fix.

So this past week, we have been hosting a bit of a family get together on my wife's side. Between my sister in laws house and ours, we had room enough to house everyone. It saved needing hotel rooms etc. That plays a part in a bit.

Anyways, this was only supposed to be for a few days, Wed people arrived and today they leave. Some of my wife's family I get along with fine. Others I don't. Guess which ones stayed with us?

Anyways, to the rant. While I was helping them pack up this morning, I over heard two of them talking.

"Great to see you guys again"
"Same. Been to long,"
"Food was great she <my wife> really is a great cook"
"Just a little tight on space. Next time they should spring for hotels for us. Would be better for everyone "
"Yeah, and would it kill them to treat everyone out to dinner one night. I know her husband has a good job."
"true. Maybe next time we will have to suggest they do that"

What...the.....everliving.....f@#k... They stayed and ate at no cost to them for 4 days. And still they want more. @$-##$)(&$#

And here I was being nice. I knew things were going to good given the history. I should have bailed and taken @e1iterate offer to maybe play in his member-guest and done a little friends trip of my own to get the hell out of Dodge. At least I got out to play yesterday but damn I'm glad they are gone.

That's horrible. I hope that it gets fixed before you have another drive again. Otherwise maybe it's a rental sort of situation?

So this past week, we have been hosting a bit of a family get together on my wife's side. Between my sister in laws house and ours, we had room enough to house everyone. It saved needing hotel rooms etc. That plays a part in a bit.

Anyways, this was only supposed to be for a few days, Wed people arrived and today they leave. Some of my wife's family I get along with fine. Others I don't. Guess which ones stayed with us?

Anyways, to the rant. While I was helping them pack up this morning, I over heard two of them talking.

"Same. Been to long,"
"Just a little tight on space. Next time they should spring for hotels for us. Would be better for everyone "
"Yeah, and would it kill them to treat everyone out to dinner one night. I know her husband has a good job."

What...the.....everliving.....f@#k... They stayed and ate at no cost to them for 4 days. And still they want more. @$-##$)(&$#

And here I was being nice. I knew things were going to good given the history. I should have bailed and taken @e1iterate offer to maybe play in his member-guest and done a little friends trip of my own to get the hell out of Dodge. At least I got out to play yesterday but damn I'm glad they are gone.
I'd make sure they were keen on springing for their own hotel before they'd want to stay with me again.

"Same. Been to long,"

Ungrateful!
How dare you not put them up in hotels and take them to dinner???😭😭😭

This is exactly why I have not talked to one of my cousins for years. You are generous, but it was never good enough.

I mean, I cry already, in my soul, every time it's long.
I don't think you'll be getting a lot of sympathy from here. We have all watched your swing a bunch and that's a pretty impressive and consistent. ;). I think many would agree though that when you're but getting what you want from the shot it can be frustrating.

"Same. Been to long,"

That's terrible. I'm sorry to hear that. People can't just be happy and thankful when someone does something nice. It truly is a shame.

Making wings for football today when I get a text from my brother saying he won't be home till after the 1st game. :mad:

Why no call last night or earlier today? He knew I was making them.

Back