Official Rant of the Day

MWard;n8892761 said:
Hurricanes and the fun of staring at European and American forecasts trying to figure out what this stupid thing is gonna do!

my wife is starting to freak out. we are supposed to go to the beach on sunday, east coast near daytona. aka the tap dead center of the current projected path.

McLovin;n8892769 said:
my wife is starting to freak out. we are supposed to go to the beach on sunday, east coast near daytona. aka the tap dead center of the current projected path.

Well, bet you'll get that hotel rate for a steal now haha

If it's an updated hotel, you'd probably be safer there than at home. Generator, updated windows and doors, strapped down roofs etc. Just depends!

MWard;n8892761 said:
Hurricanes and the fun of staring at European and American forecasts trying to figure out what this stupid thing is gonna do!

The European forecast it not friendly to our area, and sadly that is normally the more accurate one.

People in Wilmywood are nervous about this storm after Florence last year.

Keeping you guys in my thoughts, stay safe down there.

MWard;n8892772 said:
Well, bet you'll get that hotel rate for a steal now haha

If it's an updated hotel, you'd probably be safer there than at home. Generator, updated windows and doors, strapped down roofs etc. Just depends!

nah it's my parents' beach condo in ponce. no idea about its safety measures though

GolferGal;n8892782 said:
The European forecast it not friendly to our area, and sadly that is normally the more accurate one.

Yeah the euro one are monsters. They’re just like HEY FLORIDA RAAAAAWRRRRRRR and cutting the state in half. Let’s hope they’re a little inaccurate. The American one thinks that front off the coast will move on out and let it fling up, and the Euro one doesn’t. Just dumb :/

obedt;n8892043 said:
Don't want to be all 'woe is me', but man, this isn't ideal. Not talking about my swing for a change :)

Thinking about you, hope everything is well. Keep your head down.

Forecasts for this storm have been terrible, if that’s any help. St Thomas and St Croix were well outside the cone and they just got hammered. It was about 150 miles off the expected trajectory as little as 12 hours ago.

Snickerdog;n8892806 said:
Thinking about you, hope everything is well. Keep your head down.

Thanks Dave! Not even a drop near my house. Coulda golfed today. At work we also cover the usvi so work is going to be tougher here for a bit.

obedt;n8892807 said:
Forecasts for this storm have been terrible, if that’s any help. St Thomas and St Croix were well outside the cone and they just got hammered. It was about 150 miles off the expected trajectory as little as 12 hours ago.

It really has been. But for you and your family, I am so glad it was wrong.

Like MWard has been saying, we aren't sure what's happening over here. The Eruo path has it coming right at us as a Cat 3, the other ones have it going back to the Atlantic or possibly hitting the Carolina's and pretty much missing Florida altogether. So who knows what's going to happen.

The latest Euro run tracks it across Lake Okeechobee and Ft. Myers, and then out into the GoM bathtub.

If it hit in that Lauderdale area, central FL just gets steady 40-50mph and some rain. Really hard to tell at this point

GolferGal;n8892849 said:
It really has been. But for you and your family, I am so glad it was wrong.

Like MWard has been saying, we aren't sure what's happening over here. The Eruo path has it coming right at us as a Cat 3, the other ones have it going back to the Atlantic or possibly hitting the Carolina's and pretty much missing Florida altogether. So who knows what's going to happen.
Well, at least last year was a slow year ... oh wait, no it wasn't!

Looks like I may get to see how that new sump pump system in my crawl space holds up.

VERY small rant! Stay safe everyone. Of course my vacation to Myrtle Beach is Sept. 2-6! I guess I'll have to bring the rain gear if I want to play golf.

Canio;n8892989 said:
VERY small rant! Stay safe everyone. Of course my vacation to Myrtle Beach is Sept. 2-6! I guess I'll have to bring the rain gear if I want to play golf.

If you get a chance, try Tupelo Honey and Crave Italian restaurant.

robrandalgz;n8890307 said:
So, my weekend sucked. Woke up to some pretty intense abdominal pain and figured I'd try to work through the day and get to a walk in clinic at the end of the day. Wrong! I rolled up to my first job and I didn't even get the equipment off my truck before I realized I was making a mistake. I called my wife and told her to she was going to have to meet me at the house. She picked me up at home and took me to the E.R. where we waited for what seemed like an eternity. I finally got in to see a doctor and they ordered immediate cat scans on my abdomen. By this time I'm on morphine and, in the absence of pain, starting to question how serious this could actually be. Wrong state of mind.

A surgeon comes in about an hour later and informs me that I'll be prepped for surgery within the hour. WTF? Apparently, they found a tumor on my colon and my colon was actually telescoping back into itself. He had no idea if the tumor was malignant or benign and they would have to send the tumor (mid surgery) up to test for cancer. In the meantime, he tells me there's a chance that I'll come out of surgery with a colostomy bag and there's also a chance that I'll have it for the rest of my life. To top it off he gives me the speech that all surgeons give "Things go wrong, nothing guaranteed, people die, blah blah blah". Now I'm freaking out a bit. My whole world just got rocked in a matter of hours.

Thankfully, the surgery went without a hitch. The tumor was benign, I woke up without a colostomy bag (as douchey as it seem this was my biggest concern), and I'm in recovery. They had to remove a section of my colon (which was expected). Now, I sit in the most expensive hotel room on the planet for the next (minimum) 4-5 days. I can't imagine that I'll be able to swing a golf club for at least 3 weeks or so as the end of the season seems to be on a drag race pace. I'm super bummed because I was supposed to play my first scramble of the season this past Sunday. I won't complain, though. I could be a hell of a lot worse.

Just catching up around here. Glad you're OK. Cases like yours (and mine, in which I had a kidney stone the size of a dime and no symptoms), should remind us all that sometimes pain is our friend and we need to listen when it talks to us. FWIW, my MIL has had the bag for about thirty years now. It's not ideal, but it could be a lot worse. Get well and hug the family.

All you folks in the southeast stay safe and my you be outta harm's way.

robrandalgz;n8890307 said:
So, my weekend sucked. Woke up to some pretty intense abdominal pain and figured I'd try to work through the day and get to a walk in clinic at the end of the day. Wrong! I rolled up to my first job and I didn't even get the equipment off my truck before I realized I was making a mistake. I called my wife and told her to she was going to have to meet me at the house. She picked me up at home and took me to the E.R. where we waited for what seemed like an eternity. I finally got in to see a doctor and they ordered immediate cat scans on my abdomen. By this time I'm on morphine and, in the absence of pain, starting to question how serious this could actually be. Wrong state of mind.

A surgeon comes in about an hour later and informs me that I'll be prepped for surgery within the hour. WTF? Apparently, they found a tumor on my colon and my colon was actually telescoping back into itself. He had no idea if the tumor was malignant or benign and they would have to send the tumor (mid surgery) up to test for cancer. In the meantime, he tells me there's a chance that I'll come out of surgery with a colostomy bag and there's also a chance that I'll have it for the rest of my life. To top it off he gives me the speech that all surgeons give "Things go wrong, nothing guaranteed, people die, blah blah blah". Now I'm freaking out a bit. My whole world just got rocked in a matter of hours.

Thankfully, the surgery went without a hitch. The tumor was benign, I woke up without a colostomy bag (as douchey as it seem this was my biggest concern), and I'm in recovery. They had to remove a section of my colon (which was expected). Now, I sit in the most expensive hotel room on the planet for the next (minimum) 4-5 days. I can't imagine that I'll be able to swing a golf club for at least 3 weeks or so as the end of the season seems to be on a drag race pace. I'm super bummed because I was supposed to play my first scramble of the season this past Sunday. I won't complain, though. I could be a hell of a lot worse.

Feel better soon, buddy!!!

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I was finally discharged and I've been in a bit of an oxy haze since I got home but I wanted to at least stop in and drop a "Thank you". The surgeon said he doesn't want me to return to work for 4 weeks. That won't happen. I told him I'll be back in ten days to his office and we'll see if we can't sharpen the pencil on that work return date when we chat then. Ugh! I can't stand being trapped in the house.

robrandalgz;n8893130 said:
Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I was finally discharged and I've been in a bit of an oxy haze since I got home but I wanted to at least stop in and drop a "Thank you". The surgeon said he doesn't want me to return to work for 4 weeks. That won't happen. I told him I'll be back in ten days to his office and we'll see if we can't sharpen the pencil on that work return date when we chat then. Ugh! I can't stand being trapped in the house.
So great to hear things turned out okay. Don't rush your recovery, you don't want any set backs.

I fly a lot for work and witnessed passengers using airbags, medical emergencies with immediate landings, and the occasional rude a-hole. However, most people are pretty solid. What I witnessed last night still pisses (intentional words choice) me off.

My meetings finished a little early yesterday and I was able to jump on an earlier Delta flight. This meant foregoing a Comfort Plus seat on the original flight for isle seat in row 38 of 39. The guy across me in 38D is in place when a guy shows up with two boys and says 38D needs to move to 38B because they're together. Please note the dad didn't ask 38D to move. Anyway, the guy is nice and moves into the middle seat on my left. I get a strong whiff of stale urine as the dad and two boys (~8 and ~12) take their seats in 38D, E and F.

I turned to the guy and said moving to 38B might be a win-win. The people in row 39 also commented about the urine smell. Most us quickly directly the air vents toward the source in hopes of minimizing the odor. The flight departs on-time and the beverage cart comes around. The guys in seats 38A and 38B talked about cocktails and I offered to "buy" because I have about 20 vouchers in my Delta app. Cheers!

The flight attendant asked the 12 year old boy if he wanted almonds, cookies, or Cheez-It for a snack. He replies; all of them. Hmmm. About 30 minutes after the drink service the 8 year old boy needs to use the bathroom. FYI - he's the source of the stale urine. Fat dad doesn't move from his middle seat or offer to help his son. The toilets are right behind us and there's a line. The 12 year old helps his brother. Other passengers in line see the 8 year old start grabbing his crotch and dancing around. One says he might be able to use the toilet in the midsection. The brothers hustle up the isle while fat dad sits on his fat arse watching a movie. The midsection toilet is occupied and the boys come back 45 sections later and the 8 year old says; dad, I have to pee! Dad casually hands the kid a drink cup. The other passenger in the toilet line offer him the next spot. Too late, the kid is pissing less than 2 feet from me. He gets about 50% of the urine in the cup and the rest goes on seat 38D. Dad doesn't move his arse! He tells the 12 year old to give the cup to the flight attendant in the back of the plane.

The flight attendant doesn't realize what just happened and has no clue what's in the cup. She starts to dump the fluid in the trash and then realizes its urine. Fat dad tells his 12 year to get some napkins. The 12 year old wipes up the urine in seat. Both boys return to their seats. I can't believe what just happened and the people in row 39 are thinking/saying the same.

5 minutes pass and Maria (flight attendant) comes up to fat dad, who still hasn't moved his fat arse, and says what just happened in completely unacceptable. Fat dad tries to defend himself but finally says nothing. I'd like to hope if the same situation happened in a restaurant, theater, or taxi cab, then they'd be asked to leave. Just to be clear...dad is worthless, the 12 year old is doing his best, and the 8 year old has some development issues (speculation on my part). A few minutes after Maria gives him and earful, dad finally moves his arse, and goes to the back of the plane to explain his position. He doesn't apologize! What a looser.

Anyway, Delta gave some flight miles to the guy in 38B after realizing he moved seats. I assume the flight attendants filed an incident report. All of the flight attendant stopped by our row to say thanks for understanding. They also didn't collect the drink vouchers. :D

What do you think the chances are that the cleaning crew brought bleach and steam cleaner onboard during the 45 minute layover before the next flight? I'd say it's close to 0%. Hope I'm wrong about that.

I'd like to believe 99% of people in the world are good. I'm not sure if the dad is in the 1%. However, he's clearly a sloth and has no comprehension of social norms. If urinating in a cup while standing in the isle is acceptable behavior, then we're truly witnessing societal breakdown. Okay, that might be an exaggeration but I hope you get the point.

Sorry for the long rant!

It'a always good to end on a high note. My work week is over, Labor Day weekend just started, and I'll be on the first tee box in 1 hour.

Currently on vacation. Have a delivery hold in place.

USPS delievers a package with note delivered to an individual. Hopefully my swag putter is not gone.

Vortex I just read your post, mouth wide open in amazement. That is absolutely crazy!

i think i have pink eye. i’m gross.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back