Official Rant of the Day

Rant for the day….

State organizations changing the rules and not telling anyone about the changes…. “Why didn’t you tell us?” “Well we didn’t feel we needed to do so.” WTF!
You and me both! Few things worse than someone changing the rules and then being upset when you didn't know they changed because there should be some kind of notification.

Happens all the time in my line of work and it's very frustrating, can't agree with you enough. How about an email blast or memo - hey update x,y,z is changing now/2022 whatever.

What the actual f**k is wrong with people? Less than 10 miles from home there was a high school shooting which leaves 3 kids dead 14, 16 and 17 years old and 8 more injured. So freaking sad I can’t even imagine what those families are going through

What the actual f**k is wrong with people? Less than 10 miles from home there was a high school shooting which leaves 3 kids dead 14, 16 and 17 years old and 8 more injured. So freaking sad I can’t even imagine what those families are going through
This puts the rant I was going to post here into perspective. So many emotions when news stories like these hit...
Hope you all are doing the best you can right now being so close.

I’ve come to realize my fingers are too big and the fonts are too small for me to be competent with an iPhone.

Shipping delays have me down... really want my new shafts to show up

We have been dealing with family issues with our older parents. Brain bleed, cancer, bad back that is taking up any free time we used to have. I put off my knee replacement until end of next year and decided to schedule some more golf lessons. Well golf tec dropped the ball. The coach i was working with is no longer with them. Took me a couple days to figure out. Wtf? Why wouldn’t they email me to let me know? No email. No call. Nothing. Communication is important. Now i have to break in a new coach and go through all my past surgeries so he understands some of my limitations. Plan with old coach was to work on lengthening my swing and getting in sync. We had a plan. Now i feel like we will be starting over. On the bright side…. I will get away from the madness for a col hours every week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve come to realize my fingers are too big and the fonts are too small for me to be competent with an iPhone.
My wife was having issues reading stuff on her iPhone so she increased the size of the fonts. Now she doesn't have a problem. Maybe that'll help you? I can't help with your sausage fingers though:ROFLMAO:

Maybe use an apple pencil with your phone? Or switch to an android phone that uses a stylus?

Didn’t get home from work until 1140 at night, and then up early again the next morning. Feels unnecessary for no reason, thanks new home builder.

For past 12 years I have been in warm weather for winter. Played golf any time I wanted. Just sold house in VA and wife's parents are in need of daily care/watching....so we are living with them for this winter. Not looking forward to this.....

Had a tee time for today, December 1st...caught a cold and had to cancel :(

Annoyed that disability benefits were stopped out of the blue for a family member who is disabled permanently. I'm glad I can help out while things are figured out, but this hits hard during this time of year.

For past 12 years I have been in warm weather for winter. Played golf any time I wanted. Just sold house in VA and wife's parents are in need of daily care/watching....so we are living with them for this winter. Not looking forward to this.....
Being a care taker is tough. I'm glad they have help, but be sure to keep yourself healthy, too, including getting out and about (hopefully for golf) when you can.

The madness that took place yesterday in Oxford is tragic. Even though I was not affected directly my kids have called me multiple times yesterday and again this morning and I could just tell they were bothered. My son went so far as to say should we even be going to school today? Because of social media he knew what was going on as it was happening and he called me the second he got out of school. This is the world we live in now :(

I’m really hating on these “super moms” at my daughter’s preschool. They show up dressed to the 9s, with hair and make up on, bringing homemade snacks and goodies; with their children looking like L.L. Bean models, and I’m over here trying not to yell and cry getting my daughter’s hair in a ponytail and throwing a McGriddle at her before dropping her off!

How's she doing sir?
Surgery went well. She will be in the hospital for a couple of days to help manage pain and other precautions. Thanks for asking.

Surgery went well. She will be in the hospital for a couple of days to help manage pain and other precautions. Thanks for asking.
Good to hear it went well! Hopefully everything stays positive for you guys!

Chris good to hear. Wishing her and you a speedy recovery.

I’m really hating on these “super moms” at my daughter’s preschool. They show up dressed to the 9s, with hair and make up on, bringing homemade snacks and goodies; with their children looking like L.L. Bean models, and I’m over here trying not to yell and cry getting my daughter’s hair in a ponytail and throwing a McGriddle at her before dropping her off!
If I can add on - I hate being asked what mom thinks whenever I'm with my kids. I am perfectly able to make decisions about my progeny on my own - I don't need mom to make all children decisions. Also, when looking on the internet for support I am always coming across "mom blogs" only when I'm trying to figure out different stuff, I rarely see a "dad blog" - in hindsight maybe this should be my own rant and I'll just agree with you.

I need about a week totally unplugged.
This sounds amazing. Just a week at the beach in the bahamas, no phone, no problems, no stress!

Dude I laughed but completely understand this post. I pick my daughter up from school on Fridays since I am off and I have to get in line at around 1-130 to be at the front just to get her to dance on time. I'm like, what the heck to these parents do. Fast forward to dance, and I'm usually in sweats or shorts and a hoodie with flip flops and I get out of the car to pick up the kid from dance and all these moms get out of their cars dressed like they are about to walk a run way just to pick their kid up. I'm like dang, trying to impress someone?

The madness that took place yesterday in Oxford is tragic. Even though I was not affected directly my kids have called me multiple times yesterday and again this morning and I could just tell they were bothered. My son went so far as to say should we even be going to school today? Because of social media he knew what was going on as it was happening and he called me the second he got out of school. This is the world we live in now :(
Absolutely mind boggling the tragedy that results from this. The mental being of our kids should not need to be focused on wondering if they are going to be safe in school. Scary stuff...

Some people...

Yesterday I had an office of mine call and ask for a loaner phone because they broke their iPhone to the point they can't even type in the passcode. Ran it up the flagpole and sure, we give a loaner phone. She had ordered a new iPhone but it's back-ordered for a couple of weeks. To be nice, I go over and set it up for her, until it was decided she wanted everything on the loaner phone that was on her phone. OK, no problem, erase phone and restore from her last backup. We left it at that last night.

This morning I get a call to go back over and help with a couple of things. When I'm there I'm asked why on earth I would ONLY supply her with an iPhone that has 32gb of space. The backup file was larger so it wouldn't finish restoring. I lay out the options....we can erase the phone, start over and not run from the backup of her personal phone(gets shot down immediately). She can upgrade her iCloud storage so that the photos don't eat up all the space on loaner phone(went over like a lead balloon). I can check to see if I have any iPhone 8's around since their base storage is higher, which I just checked and don't.

Sometimes you try to make things work and do a favor, but it's never good enough.

Some people...

Yesterday I had an office of mine call and ask for a loaner phone because they broke their iPhone to the point they can't even type in the passcode. Ran it up the flagpole and sure, we give a loaner phone. She had ordered a new iPhone but it's back-ordered for a couple of weeks. To be nice, I go over and set it up for her, until it was decided she wanted everything on the loaner phone that was on her phone. OK, no problem, erase phone and restore from her last backup. We left it at that last night.

This morning I get a call to go back over and help with a couple of things. When I'm there I'm asked why on earth I would ONLY supply her with an iPhone that has 32gb of space. The backup file was larger so it wouldn't finish restoring. I lay out the options....we can erase the phone, start over and not run from the backup of her personal phone(gets shot down immediately). She can upgrade her iCloud storage so that the photos don't eat up all the space on loaner phone(went over like a lead balloon). I can check to see if I have any iPhone 8's around since their base storage is higher, which I just checked and don't.

Sometimes you try to make things work and do a favor, but it's never good enough.
A lot of people are never happy. No matter what you do for them, it's just not good enough. Those people need a large cup of humble tea!

Some people...

About 25% of people are like that, no matter what you do. They want unobtainium. Another 25% of will generally be okay with whatever happens and roll with the flow. You're a success if you can make happy the majority of the 50% in the middle who are situational.

Back