Official Rant of the Day

had a hip issue last year that visits to a chiro eventually cleared up. a new lower back pain has been pretty bad this year, and trips to the chiro aren't really helping. i'm starting to wonder if it's a disc issue.

This is not aimed at anyone, but I find my trader history at 0 very annoying. You want me on that trade! You need me on that trade!

My son is lucky I love him or he would have been dropped off at the local orphanage at the beginning of this week when he brought this stupid flu/cough/sinus BS into this house. :mad:

My son is lucky I love him or he would have been dropped off at the local orphanage at the beginning of this week when he brought this stupid flu/cough/sinus BS into this house. :mad:
Was going to stop and see the grandkids over the weekend, called my step daughter, um dad 2 of them are sick. Okay see you another weekend then. Ya not doing that crap.

Directions for kids toys/pack and play/high chair. In the day and age where high def is a thing, you’d think they’d make these things a bit easier to decipher.

Unreal. A little less than a year ago, my wife got in a car accident. Someone pulled out in front of her from a dead stop lane in to her lane where she was doing 60mph. 12k in damage to our Ford Edge Sport. Welp... coming home today, she was getting off the freeway and someone rearended her. That's 3 accidents in less than 3 years.... none her fault. She's ok which I'm happy for. But I'm probably going to have to be buried in that car considering what the carfax history is going to look like.

Unreal. A little less than a year ago, my wife got in a car accident. Someone pulled out in front of her from a dead stop lane in to her lane where she was doing 60mph. 12k in damage to our Ford Edge Sport. Welp... coming home today, she was getting off the freeway and someone rearended her. That's 3 accidents in less than 3 years.... none her fault. She's ok which I'm happy for. But I'm probably going to have to be buried in that car considering what the carfax history is going to look like.
Oh man that sucks, glad she is ok though

Time for a vacation buddy.

Glad she's ok. She probably wears brown pants whenever she drives now. Cars can be replaced.

Had something very similar happen to me in a car with two prior accidents. In retrospect, I was lucky number three totaled the car. My son came to pick me up after the last one, and asked the State Trooper if he could spend some quality time with my wreck and a hammer. Fortunately, the trooper laughed and said it was certainly totaled, which it was.

Any airbags deploy this last time? That could be enough to total it.

Glad she's ok. She probably wears brown pants whenever she drives now. Cars can be replaced.

Had something very similar happen to me in a car with two prior accidents. In retrospect, I was lucky number three totaled the car. My son came to pick me up after the last one, and asked the State Trooper if he could spend some quality time with my wreck and a hammer. Fortunately, the trooper laughed and said it was certainly totaled, which it was.

Any airbags deploy this last time? That could be enough to total it.
Nah. She got hit by a small Hyundai. It basically went right under the rear bumper. From what I can see, the bumper, crash bar, exhaust, both taillights and the lift gate are damaged. The fenders look ok from what I can see. Don't know how fast she was actually going when she hit. But my wife said the other lady's car was definitely totalled.
20200127_192500.jpg20200127_192514.jpg20200127_192520.jpg20200127_192532.jpg

Ouch. Hope it all works out as well as it can.

Nah. She got hit by a small Hyundai. It basically went right under the rear bumper. From what I can see, the bumper, crash bar, exhaust, both taillights and the lift gate are damaged. The fenders look ok from what I can see. Don't know how fast she was actually going when she hit. But my wife said the other lady's car was definitely totalled.
View attachment 8925183View attachment 8925184View attachment 8925185View attachment 8925186
Darn.. Glad she was okay.. Not fun!

I had some issues last year with my right hip, saw a chiro and got as sorted out as I could be. This year it's been my lower back, and two trips to the chiro he says i'm moving well but it still hurts. I think it's affecting my golf swing and keeping me from swinging with any speed. i'm talking like 10mph less swing speed this time this year vs this time last year. My wrists are starting to hurt when I make my first few swings on the range, then they're fine. and the tops of my hands are starting to hurt when I try to grip anything with any strength. It sucks!
Ah, the Joy's of aging..it is a blissful ride. That's why seeing my old friend make a hole in one was so cool. He refuses to complain, just enjoys being mobile.

There's nothing that will wake you up more at 4:45 in the morning then your son coming in your room struggling to breathe and crying. The poor dude has dealt with croup his whole life and had one of his worst instances this morning. We're thinking it might be bronchitis this time. It sucks seeing him so miserable.

Some posts were dealing with viruses, colds, flu, etc. Here is something I do hate. I rarely if every get sick, but I hate it when folks come to work blowing and hacking all over creation and the next thing you know you are dog sick at home because of that type of carelessness. Arrrrgghhh...hate it, hate it, hate it!

Just got the bill from the hospital from when I cut the top of my thumb off in November. I can handle $64 to give me a tetanus shot. I'm sort of OK with $178 for the shot, antibiotics and bandage, but I'm not really feeling farking $1483 for me to wash the wound and them to put a bandage on it. No wonder medical care is the #1 cause of bankruptcy in this country.

I really wish someone would tell me why I have to confirm some reactions ("Likes") here, but not all of them. I'll go dozens of posts sometimes without it, then I'll have to confirm two back to back like just now.

Drive two hours for a 4 hours class on a new seed ordering system that has been a total waste of time as they went over the new info so quickly you can’t follow along. I was having more fun discussing putters with @Jman and actually learning something with him. :)
Now I have to drive two hours home. :mad:

Drive two hours for a 4 hours class on a new seed ordering system that has been a total waste of time as they went over the new info so quickly you can’t follow along. I was having more fun discussing putters with @Jman and actually learning something with him. :)
Now I have to drive two hours home. :mad:

Four hours of driving for four hours of useless training. Ugh.

Four hours of driving for four hours of useless training. Ugh.
Then we still have to migrate all the invoices inventory and customer lists over. And you know that won’t be without issues. :mad:

Then we still have to migrate all the invoices inventory and customer lists over. And you know that won’t be without issues. :mad:
Sounds efficient. It will be a grind for a bit but hopefully you can get through without too many more headaches.

I usually have been lucky enough I haven't needed a Rant but today is not that day and I have a doozie. First off, I want to punch my dad in the throat. Now for the backstory.... My mom talked my dad into doing a cologuard test (gma passed away from colon cancer) and of course it came back positive. Off to the gastroenterologist, while sitting in the appt he told the dr that yes he's had some bleeding, "oh for about a year now" and had a change in stool. Colonoscopy it is! They found a large pollup and took biopsies and just got the results, positive for colon cancer. On a good note the doctor said it's contained and should be able to be taken care of with surgery to remove it. Well in the who process of this when he was recovering from the colonoscopy his heart kept setting off the EKG alarm. Sounds like he has some issues with and extra beat and the Dr was concerned. My dad goes "is that the flutter I sometimes feel". WTF pops, you not mention any of this to anyone????? So he needs to be cleared by the cardiologist before surgery can be completed. That appointment is Monday so we will see what happens. Plus the stubborn old coot almost didn't sign the hospital papers to do the surgery because of course the whole legal aspects they list that "are possible". Luckily he did and we are taking things one step at a time. Hopefully he will proceed with everything, turns 70 this year and shows good health on the outside. Hopefully he doesn't make me play the granddaughter cards.

There’s 4 groups on the 3rd hole.......

Why does Walmart build 20+ manned checkouts in its stores but no more than 5 or 6 are ever staffed no matter how many people are in line? And half or more of the self checkouts are cash only or completely down. But, I’ll say it’s my fault for going there. I should know better.

Back