Official Rant of the Day

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I can laugh at this after we raised 5 kids....2 of them girls. Good luck....it only gets...Better? 🤣🤣
Can I work with @J.B. Cobb III and you take our kids for a few years to straighten them out. My 1 year old has a favorite word, it's no. It's rather cute right now that she shakes her head and says no - but I'm sure it will grow tiresome soon enough. =)

Can I work with @J.B. Cobb III and you take our kids for a few years to straighten them out. My 1 year old has a favorite word, it's no. It's rather cute right now that she shakes her head and says no - but I'm sure it will grow tiresome soon enough. =)
I did my time....5 at a time to be exact 🤣🤣🤣

There’s a special hell for people who re-sort my spreadsheets and then send them back to me like nothing happened 😑

Im on 4 hours of sleep.
Im not much of a dreamer, an actual one, not the goal setting kind. But last night had a horrible nightmare and woke up sweating. I dont remember the dream, but it was enough to keep me up all night and hug my wife and dog in the morning.

I ordered my wife 2 more PXG 0311 XP irons 5 and 6 to complete her set because she is hitting them so well. Got this and im not surprised. And based on past experience im not expecting delivery Monday either.
27FEF898-2088-442F-B017-0F8CE1712760.jpeg

Well this is weird...

I got told 2 weeks ago the 18 month requirement of staying in a position would not be waived (I've been in my position for 10 months) by my current supervisor's boss because my supervisor's job has come available as he is retiring. Just got a skype from HR...I'm being interviewed for the position this Thursday! not sure how it happened but I'll take it I guess haha.

Diverticulitis

I had an opening conversation yesterday. Guess what someone wanted for a raise? 26%!

Promotion? Nope .
Change in job duties? Nope
Market adjustment? Nope
Compression? Nope

Doing the same exact thing.

I just don't get it. That's not how negotiations work, not a realistic one anyways.

I had an opening conversation yesterday. Guess what someone wanted for a raise? 26%!

Promotion? Nope .
Market adjustment? Nope
Compression? Nope

I just don't get it. That's not how negotiations work, not a realistic one anyways.
Are comparable roles paying 26% more?

Nope. Probably paying less.
If you lose them will you be able to replace them? I’m going through budget hell right now and staffing shortages are a new obstacle this year affecting everything top to bottom.

If you lose them will you be able to replace them? I’m going through budget hell right now and staffing shortages are a new obstacle this year affecting everything top to bottom.
They won't leave. It's just one of those things that happen sometimes. We will negotiate it down to mid single digits at the end of it. It's a long process, between weeks and months. Anyone that's been a business agent for a union or labor relations has been through it but it's so lopsided right now it's kind of out of control.

Promotion? Nope .
Market adjustment? Nope
Compression? Nope

26%? Damn! Go big or go home!:D

Promotion? Nope .
Market adjustment? Nope
Compression? Nope

i want that also 👍🏻

26%? Damn! Go big or go home!:D
i want that also 👍🏻
Don't we all. It's a very interesting climate we live in, both with respect to the employee employer struggle as to who is taking advantage of whom and what those perceptions look like as well as having maybe the most pro union government in recent history. Which in itself is weird for to the reduction of actual unions and union members.

Without getting too into the weeds the current American landscape is one of both individualism and that where everyone gets their piece of the pie. Never before have I seen so much what are you going to do for me as I do right now. Some of it justified and some isn't quite there.

Why in the hell. For the love of god DD98A8C1-9B65-43AE-A6A7-752504539145.pngA716788E-0ABB-4066-BFC3-A9DB97A9BEBE.png660D8412-32F3-4A0F-A0DF-D6B57C977BFD.png

diverticulitis sucks. I'm so tired and want solid food so bad....sigh.

Sounds like he should go home based on no change and asking for that big of a raise. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well.... maybe.... but then again, this is the era of what, double digit inflation, covid shortages for everything, and I keep reading about wage stagnation for the past 40 years. But yeah, dream on partner. 26%:ROFLMAO:

I don't know... :unsure: I kind of like it.:D

So,David is back getting his MRI and I decided to go get some tea while I wait. This is after the bubbles popped....so.....next time maybe they'll give me a full cup? 😞
896D4AF7-D3AA-462E-B556-E8EC1D116FF4.jpeg

Well.... maybe.... but then again, this is the era of what, double digit inflation, covid shortages for everything, and I keep reading about wage stagnation for the past 40 years. But yeah, dream on partner. 26%:ROFLMAO:

I don't know... :unsure: I kind of like it.:D
The rest on the wood in the house is fantastic.

Drives me nuts when Chipotle tries to fill web orders and dine in orders at the same time. It leads to complete chaos and long waits. If you can’t do both efficiently then stop taking online orders.

Back