Official Rant of the Day

One of my friends was playing in a scramble today and he said the winning group shot a 55. Hearing things like that make me chuckle😂

I arranged to meet my new colleague at our new office this morning to go over some things he had been asking me about. Got there early and tried to decide on a place where I could set up the big TV. Decided on the spare office where the LED light fixture isn't working, which I had previously taken apart to diagnose. Pulled the guts out of one of the other working fixtures to put in this one, and in the process turned what was a working fixture into another non-working fixture :mad: I can see why the original one had been McGyver'd together with electrical tape - it's a seven-foot long fixture made up of 24" strips joined together, and if you look at the LED strip the wrong way the connections fall apart. Both my boss and I have tried contacting the company that manufactured them (supposedly a lifetime warranty) with zero response.

I then decided that I wanted to print some plans out on 24x36 paper so I asked where the roll of paper was for the plotter. "Oh, that hasn't worked in about 3 months" I beg your pardon?!?! It's only a $4K plotter - don't bother saying anything to anyone if it stops working. What is wrong with people?

Half the city I live in is under a boil water advisory due to a water main break somewhere.
Estimate on getting off the boil water advisory? Unknown.
Awesome.

Colonoscopy prep. First time for me. It’s not as horrible as I had feared. But still worthy of a mini rant. On the bright side it’s after midnight and I’m on THP
I went through that a couple of months ago. Not the most pleasant experience. Was under for the procedure and all I remember is someone talking to me saying here's the medication and then I woke up in another room.🤷‍♂️

I don't know what it is, but my kids and their cars. If it's not one thing it's another. I'm not talking the regular consumables like tires, wiper blades, oil changes, and other assorted stuff like that; I'm talking about... one kid had a car that would just eat headlight bulbs. About every 2 months they'd tell me "my headlight is out again". So I'd change them both because if 1 went out the other isn't far behind. I tried different brands too and it didn't help. The problem finally went away when the car was traded in on another one... which had a check engine light the other week.:rolleyes:

My other kids car... the headlights were flickering and going out. It turned out it was a manufacturer defect in the headlight switch... which had to have the steering wheel removed to replace. We did that and the problem was solved. But now it has an airbag light. And my kid just called me and said their coworker had to jumpstart them because their battery died. I told them to go buy a new one and the parts store will install it for them.

Seriously, what is it with my kids and their cars? I don't get it. It always seems like it's something.:rolleyes:

I went through that a couple of months ago. Not the most pleasant experience. Was under for the procedure and all I remember is someone talking to me saying here's the medication and then I woke up in another room.🤷‍♂️
All done and prep was definitely the worst part. Not having to go back for 10 years should be enough time to forget about it though.

Colonoscopy prep. First time for me. It’s not as horrible as I had feared. But still worthy of a mini rant. On the bright side it’s after midnight and I’m on THP

next time, contact me about drink prep. My wife is an RN and has a prep solution that is like drinking 2 shots vs a gallon of crud 👍🏻

next time, contact me about drink prep. My wife is an RN and has a prep solution that is like drinking 2 shots vs a gallon of crud 👍🏻
Still a few years out from my next one but will have to remember this!

OK time to follow up my minor colonoscopy rant with a major one.

My next door neighbor stopped over last night and told us that her 20 year old son was hit by a drunk driver a few days ago. The guy was driving a full size pickup and ran a stop sign impacting directly into his drivers door (a medium sedan). His truck basically pushed them both across the road then went over the top of the kid's car and they both ended up in a field. Then this asshole tried to run from the scene on foot but a neighbor at the scene that heard the crash chased him down and detained him until police arrived. He tested more than double the limit. The kid had to be cut from his car and airlifted to the hospital. He is in critical condition with multiple fractures and has been unconscious since Saturday night. Apparently he was at least semi alert at the scene but was sedated at the hospital. They've stopped the sedation but he hasn't woken up. And because of Covid rules, the parents can only visit for two hours a day and the brother can't go in at all.

Don't ******* drink and drive!!! (I try not to swear on THP, but this one deserved it. Automod censored it.)

You have to be a complete idiot to get that drunk and climb behind the wheel!

When you try to eat healthy and the food you order tastes awful. White Chicken Chili and the entire bowl is beans. I literally feel like I’m eating baked beans.

OK time to follow up my minor colonoscopy rant with a major one.

My next door neighbor stopped over last night and told us that her 20 year old son was hit by a drunk driver a few days ago. The guy was driving a full size pickup and ran a stop sign impacting directly into his drivers door (a medium sedan). His truck basically pushed them both across the road then went over the top of the kid's car and they both ended up in a field. Then this asshole tried to run from the scene on foot but a neighbor at the scene that heard the crash chased him down and detained him until police arrived. He tested more than double the limit. The kid had to be cut from his car and airlifted to the hospital. He is in critical condition with multiple fractures and has been unconscious since Saturday night. Apparently he was at least semi alert at the scene but was sedated at the hospital. They've stopped the sedation but he hasn't woken up. And because of Covid rules, the parents can only visit for two hours a day and the brother can't go in at all.

Don't ******* drink and drive!!! (I try not to swear on THP, but this one deserved it. Automod censored it.)
Prayers that he makes a quick and full recovery! Also hoping that the idiot driving the truck gets everything coming to him, because there is no excuse for drinking and driving. Ever.

Prayers for the young man.

I arranged to meet my new colleague at our new office this morning to go over some things he had been asking me about. Got there early and tried to decide on a place where I could set up the big TV. Decided on the spare office where the LED light fixture isn't working, which I had previously taken apart to diagnose. Pulled the guts out of one of the other working fixtures to put in this one, and in the process turned what was a working fixture into another non-working fixture :mad: I can see why the original one had been McGyver'd together with electrical tape - it's a seven-foot long fixture made up of 24" strips joined together, and if you look at the LED strip the wrong way the connections fall apart. Both my boss and I have tried contacting the company that manufactured them (supposedly a lifetime warranty) with zero response.

I then decided that I wanted to print some plans out on 24x36 paper so I asked where the roll of paper was for the plotter. "Oh, that hasn't worked in about 3 months" I beg your pardon?!?! It's only a $4K plotter - don't bother saying anything to anyone if it stops working. What is wrong with people?
Lay in or pendant. Installed eerily similar ones before that had a issue at quite a few of the board terminals.

One of my friends was playing in a scramble today and he said the winning group shot a 55. Hearing things like that make me chuckle😂
the winning score for our scramble was 56... that is not even close we earned our 9 under.

Had 118 to the flag and i pulled my Gapper... well struck but nothing out of this world, about 20 yards away from the flag behind a tree .... what the what was all i could say...

An apparent change to IT rules is looking like it will completely screw us over for a service we provide - we have a laptop in each pod with a generic account so that users can log on to provide the service, but those accounts (that are unique to each machine and provide zero access to anything else other than what they need) have been deleted and can't be reinstated according to the information we have been given today

This issue has now been escalated higher to say that we either have those few accounts reinstated, or IT will be spending a lot of time creating user accounts for staff who may only be scheduled for a single session in some cases - let's see what they say

All done and prep was definitely the worst part. Not having to go back for 10 years should be enough time to forget about it though.
My prep wasn't that bad... basically drink this gatorade with miralax in it. It didn't taste bad; it was just so much liquid.

And the lady giving the instructions at the office for how to prep... she talked so FAST! And I had widower's brain really badly at the time, no one else with me so I was trying to remember but couldn't. I was lucky I made it out the door and remembered where I parked my car.:ROFLMAO::oops::rolleyes::(

Middle seats on airplanes…

I'm so glad I get to do the poop in a box. 😬

My prep wasn't that bad... basically drink this gatorade with miralax in it. It didn't taste bad; it was just so much liquid.

And the lady giving the instructions at the office for how to prep... she talked so FAST! And I had widower's brain really badly at the time, no one else with me so I was trying to remember but couldn't. I was lucky I made it out the door and remembered where I parked my car.:ROFLMAO::oops::rolleyes::(
Yeah mine was the same. Wasn't that bad, just a lot of the Gatorade mix, which is way too sweet for my taste. It was the aftereffects that weren't so much fun. But I got the ten year pass for next time so it's all good.

I don't like waiting. It sucks.
I've got 2 attempts in to contact 2 different companies for things I might want to buy. the first is a set of pedals for a mountain bike I don't even own yet. But I want to know what their lead time is for making them and the wait for delivery and stuff and price. No response. I'm guessing it's a one or 2 person shop and is busy, I get that. So I'll wait a few days for a response and then, if I don't get one, I'll go with a competitor.🤷‍♂️

The other attempt to contact is a putter company. I want to know if I can have one of their putters customized with some engraving. If so, I'll order it. If not, I'll keep searching. Thing is I used their website contact form so I don't even know if it was received. Again, I'll wait a couple days to see and then maybe reach out again either to them or someone else.

Waiting sucks.

People that have conversations in public places while on speaker phone should have their phone privileges revoked! We all don’t care about why your personal trainer is screwable (she’s married BTW).

Back