Official Rant of the Day

Comcast

i spent 30m on the phone yesterday trying to get answers about bill discrepancies (fail) and to get my bill reduced. After picking a package the guy puts me on hold for like 5m to get pricing (WTF?) then comes back to tell me he needs more time and is going to keep me on hold. I hung up. I swear I think part of their business model is to be so hard to work with that people give up and just keep,paying. Sadly, until I can ever convince my wife to give it up, I’m in that camp.

Comcast

i spent 30m on the phone yesterday ...
That's one of the two reasons we have Comcast Business High-Speed Internet, rather than residential service.

I spent about thirty years in I.T. Admin. After dealing with professionals in data and TelCom services, having to deal with residential-class CS would've driven me to drink.

Funny story: One day I called about something. Young lady answers. I state the reason for my call. Get back a clueless end-user response. I say something else. Same kind of thing. Go back-and-forth like this a couple times, when I finally ask "You do realize this is a Business account, right?" <crickets...> "No, I didn't. I'm sorry, but this is residential CS. Sometimes when Business gets swamped they send the overflow to us. I'll transfer you." Then I started getting the kinds of responses I expected. Night and day difference.

Comcast

i spent 30m on the phone yesterday trying to get answers about bill discrepancies (fail) and to get my bill reduced. After picking a package the guy puts me on hold for like 5m to get pricing (WTF?) then comes back to tell me he needs more time and is going to keep me on hold. I hung up. I swear I think part of their business model is to be so hard to work with that people give up and just keep,paying. Sadly, until I can ever convince my wife to give it up, I’m in that camp.
That’s definitely the business model! If your wife doesn’t want to fully cut cable, you can actually stream Comcast through a streaming device like Roku without having a cable box, which saves on the monthly equipment charge. And definitely don’t use their internet equipment! Another way to save is look at triple play with a landline. You don’t even need to hook up the phone, but since telecom is taxed lower than cable and internet, you can actually save money with that plan.

Is anything? 🤣
No 🙁 but I had serious sticker shock since this is something I typically only order once per year 😖

We have a dog that takes two pills a day. It’s usually $200 every 90 days.
Any chance it’s a medication that can be filled through a pharmacy like CVS? Sometimes that’s cheaper.

For the first time ever we are considering pet insurance. F***ing pet insurance...............:rolleyes:
We've used Pets Best insurance for 2 years. Julie researched like crazy and we really like it.

That's one of the two reasons we have Comcast Business High-Speed Internet, rather than residential service.

I spent about thirty years in I.T. Admin. After dealing with professionals in data and TelCom services, having to deal with residential-class CS would've driven me to drink.

Funny story: One day I called about something. Young lady answers. I state the reason for my call. Get back a clueless end-user response. I say something else. Same kind of thing. Go back-and-forth like this a couple times, when I finally ask "You do realize this is a Business account, right?" <crickets...> "No, I didn't. I'm sorry, but this is residential CS. Sometimes when Business gets swamped they send the overflow to us. I'll transfer you." Then I started getting the kinds of responses I expected. Night and day difference.

Regular "consumers" get the screw job!

For the first time ever we are considering pet insurance. F***ing pet insurance...............:rolleyes:
Reminds me of watching TV at my bud's house. After an outdoor equipment ad she asked, "When did you think you'd need to take out a loan to buy a lawnmower!?"

Regular "consumers" get the screw job!
Not really. We pay for that improved level of CS. Less the additional fees for the modem rental and static IP address, a mere 75/15 costs us $70/mo. That's for Internet service only. Next contract renewal will bump that to 250/25, but it'll also raise the cost to somewhere around $100-$110/mo. (I don't feel too bad about that. We've gotten away without a significant fee increase for about twelve years.)

You want business class level CS, you have to pay for business class service.

Not really. We pay for that improved level of CS. Less the additional fees for the modem rental and static IP address, a mere 75/15 costs us $70/mo. That's for Internet service only. Next contract renewal will bump that to 250/25, but it'll also raise the cost to somewhere around $100-$110/mo. (I don't feel too bad about that. We've gotten away without a significant fee increase for about twelve years.)

You want business class level CS, you have to pay for business class service.
Dude. I'm envious. High speed internet? Must be nice. I have... DSL. And there's no upgrade in my future it seems.:rolleyes: One of the drawbacks from living in the boonies like I do.

Dude. I'm envious. High speed internet? Must be nice. I have... DSL. And there's no upgrade in my future it seems.:rolleyes: One of the drawbacks from living in the boonies like I do.
Well, if you're willing to pay for it, there's always Starlink. People I know who've acquired it have been quite pleased with it.

Well, if you're willing to pay for it, there's always Starlink. People I know who've acquired it have been quite pleased with it.
I've thought about it as I use CenturyLink at home and get a good 9mbps when its really humming and the neighbors aren't online, too. We're back to a waiting list in our area, though. Some folks have had decent results with the T Mobile home internet, but the site says its not available where I am. Wouldn't surprise me, we're in a dead area for AT&T, which we use for cell.

I would be without internet and TV, if I had to use Comcast.

I hope your furred ones are ok.
They’re just as full of energy and destructive as ever. Just the annual flea & tick and heartworm preventative purchase.

We're out in the boonies and have been pretty happy with starlink. WAY better than any of the options we had previously.

I get over shin splints to fall right into plantar fascitis in my left heel. I know stretching and ice are the things to do but they aren't resolving this as fast as I would like. Also the Theragun is a big help.

I get over shin splints to fall right into plantar fascitis in my left heel. I know stretching and ice are the things to do but they aren't resolving this as fast as I would like. Also the Theragun is a big help.
Sorry to hear about this, both those pains are not fun. Interested in your Theragun recovery though. You’re finding it helps with the plantar fasciitis?

Tried to cut off a thread on shoulder of my shirt, missed and now I have a hole in my shirt too💩

I am moving back to Comcast from ATT. ATT CS sucks worse than Comcast...I didn't think that was possible!

Back