Official Rant of the Day

We lost the 2nd officer in 2 weeks at my work today. These weren't work related.
One of the nicest guys you could meet. We transferred together and my car was in the shop and he drove 30 min out of his way to pick me up for 4 days, A guy he just met.

Morale was already low after the assault.

Sometimes life just sucks.

Mortgage rates hit 7%. As much stress as my house causes, I’m glad we got something. Home ownership is a pipe dream now for people my age…at least in my area

Mortgage rates hit 7%. As much stress as my house causes, I’m glad we got something. Home ownership is a pipe dream now for people my age…at least in my area
Not there yet at #rd Federal here in CLE

RateAPR

30 Year Fixed Rate6.59%6.68%

RateAPR

Getting close though. It’s only a matter of time until housing prices catch up to these crazy high rates. People around me will be paying $2000/month for an all original 80s house in an average (at best) school district

Getting close though. It’s only a matter of time until housing prices catch up to these crazy high rates. People around me will be paying $2000/month for an all original 80s house in an average (at best) school district
That's kind of gross to think about.
Reminds my of when my Aunt built a ranch house in Parma, OH in the mid 80s.
I think she was over 9%.

I’m glad we got locked in at 2.75% last year. I’ve noticed that there are virtually no homes for sale around us and the ones that are do not get bought up as quickly as they use to. I feel terrible for anyone that Has to buy for one reason or another right now.

Why do car dealers have to be so difficult? All I want to do is pre-order a 2023 Ford F-150 Limited Hybrid. I’m for all practical purposes saying “Take My Money”. I’m now on the 3rd dealer trying to get it done I get so sick of the games. Your website says “Pre-order a 2023 Limited before Oct 3 and get it for $6,500 under MSRP + any incentives at time of delivery”. I‘ve told them the exact configuration I want - pretty freaking simple. But of course, the games start…. I’m not even trying to negotiate - just give me the advertised deal!

I’m glad we got locked in at 2.75% last year. I’ve noticed that there are virtually no homes for sale around us and the ones that are do not get bought up as quickly as they use to. I feel terrible for anyone that Has to buy for one reason or another right now.
I’m at just under 3.1%. Locked in right before rates started rising. Inventory has definitely improved but the quality of it isn’t great. I’ve noticed more and more reductions but nothing too crazy. The scariest part is not knowing when rates will come back down.

Why do car dealers have to be so difficult? All I want to do is pre-order a 2023 Ford F-150 Limited Hybrid. I’m for all practical purposes saying “Take My Money”. I’m now on the 3rd dealer trying to get it done I get so sick of the games. Your website says “Pre-order a 2023 Limited before Oct 3 and get it for $6,500 under MSRP + any incentives at time of delivery”. I‘ve told them the exact configuration I want - pretty freaking simple. But of course, the games start…. I’m not even trying to negotiate - just give me the advertised deal!
I’m always mesmerized by the way car dealers act. I’m always excited when it comes time to get a new car but the process is just so exhausting

Just heard on news that tommorow will be our first chance at frost here in Illinois UGGGGGGGH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a super personal post, but I am doing this because I am wondering if anyone else has a female in their life that might be going through something similar, and if there was anything that fixed it.

This will probably be stupid to guys, but I in complete panic mode right now. For the past few weeks my hair is falling out, and not just a little bit, more like I am going through chemo and it's coming out by the handful. I got blood work done and there is nothing medically wrong with me, which I am glad about, but that doesn't explain why I am losing hair at such a rapid pace and in such mass quantities. I am truly terrified I am going to lose all my hair. It's why I didn't want to be on camera for the WGP.

I have spent hours upon hours researching what it could be, and have a new theory that my hair might be in a protein overload, and and hoping and praying this theory is correct and within 4-6 weeks I can be fixed. I saw a doctor and went to 2 different hair stylists to discuss the issue and everyone agrees this is not normal, but no one seems to be offering an explanation for why it's happening or how to fix it. They all did say that they have seen a huge influx of women coming in with a similar issue and there seems to be a possible correlation to unexplained hair loss and COVID, which is interesting, however, as far as I know I have never had it. That's not to say I haven't, but I have never tested positive, even the one time I was sick, I got tested and it was negative.

I just need to figure this out, but this is causing me great stress, and honestly putting me in a very deep depression. I cry just about every night wondering how much more hair I will lose.
I know this is a couple weeks oldbut just saw it... i am not a woman, but i do have longer hair than many. I have been struggling with this lately as well. Every time i brush my hair i feel like i am losing huge amounts of hair. I have been trying different shampoos/conditioners, checking what i am eating, and have a doctor appointment next week. So while i dont have answers just wanted to offer sympathy as I kmow how much it really sucks, is depressing, and worrisome.

Hope you've had some luck since you posted this...i am obviously behind so havent seen if there was any followup yet (working on it).

That's a nice sled.

This is a super personal post, but I am doing this because I am wondering if anyone else has a female in their life that might be going through something similar, and if there was anything that fixed it.

This will probably be stupid to guys, but I in complete panic mode right now. For the past few weeks my hair is falling out, and not just a little bit, more like I am going through chemo and it's coming out by the handful. I got blood work done and there is nothing medically wrong with me, which I am glad about, but that doesn't explain why I am losing hair at such a rapid pace and in such mass quantities. I am truly terrified I am going to lose all my hair. It's why I didn't want to be on camera for the WGP.

I have spent hours upon hours researching what it could be, and have a new theory that my hair might be in a protein overload, and and hoping and praying this theory is correct and within 4-6 weeks I can be fixed. I saw a doctor and went to 2 different hair stylists to discuss the issue and everyone agrees this is not normal, but no one seems to be offering an explanation for why it's happening or how to fix it. They all did say that they have seen a huge influx of women coming in with a similar issue and there seems to be a possible correlation to unexplained hair loss and COVID, which is interesting, however, as far as I know I have never had it. That's not to say I haven't, but I have never tested positive, even the one time I was sick, I got tested and it was negative.

I just need to figure this out, but this is causing me great stress, and honestly putting me in a very deep depression. I cry just about every night wondering how much more hair I will lose.
My fiancé experienced hair loss as a side effect (main symptom was weight loss). While they haven’t pin pointed an exact cause, the doctors have narrowed it down to something likely autoimmune which is causing her thyroid levels to fluctuate. The only reason they caught it was because her levels were low when she went for initial blood work and then they returned to normal a few weeks later. Not sure it’s exactly the same thing but could be worth looking into

That's a nice sled.
I’m still driving my 2009 F-150 Platinum with 175k miles on it. I could probably get another good year or two out of this truck, but normal wear and tear is really Catching up. I had to replace the radiator recently and it’s leaking refrigerant. I’m afraid of something major (or minor for that matter) happening and me be without a vehicle for weeks due to lack of parts. It nearly happened earlier this year when it took 3 weeks to get a part in. Fortunately it was caught in time that I was still able to drive while we waited on the part.

Hey Hibler. Can you come to the office Tuesday and Wednesday to help with some new hires and training?

Sure I can be there.

They haven't used me at all today. Why am I here? :mad:
Sounds like much of my travels lately - “we really need to you fly to xxx”. I get there and I’m left scratching my butt for 2 days and if something does come up, it could have easily been handled remotely.

These 2 a$$hole kids in the neighborhood with g35s rev and fly through here when kids are out playing and all times of the day. I'm about to lose my cool on them.
And I guess other neighbors got tired of them the Sheriffs department has been at their house the last 2 days. :ROFLMAO:

I know this is a couple weeks oldbut just saw it... i am not a woman, but i do have longer hair than many. I have been struggling with this lately as well. Every time i brush my hair i feel like i am losing huge amounts of hair. I have been trying different shampoos/conditioners, checking what i am eating, and have a doctor appointment next week. So while i dont have answers just wanted to offer sympathy as I kmow how much it really sucks, is depressing, and worrisome.

Hope you've had some luck since you posted this...i am obviously behind so havent seen if there was any followup yet (working on it).

No luck yet, but I’m not giving up. I have some thoughts, mostly that this is due to stress, and some days are better than others for the hair loss. Yesterday was awful, today was what would be considered “normal” so I am doing my best to stay positive. I hope you can find an answer too, it truly is a horrible feeling.

It might have something to do with their allotment - they only get 'x' quantity of vehicles a month, and they dont' want to use up one of their precious spots on you when they could order one, put it on the lot and sell it for 'y' over sticker price when the demand ramps up. Just a thought. But it is super-annoying to be in your shoes.

I’m always mesmerized by the way car dealers act. I’m always excited when it comes time to get a new car but the process is just so exhausting
I (miraculously) managed to find a small family dealer back in 2009 who got me the exact truck I wanted for a price that was more than fair to me. I told them the day I signed the paperwork that they had a customer for life as long as their m.o. didn't change. That was three vehicles ago, and I do all of my service there too. While rare, it is very comforting to know exactly how they operate. My current truck, I walked in and went through the option list with my salesman who pushed the "order" button at the end of the conversation. 14 weeks later I picked up the truck we had ordered.

I (miraculously) managed to find a small family dealer back in 2009 who got me the exact truck I wanted for a price that was more than fair to me. I told them the day I signed the paperwork that they had a customer for life as long as their m.o. didn't change. That was three vehicles ago, and I do all of my service there too. While rare, it is very comforting to know exactly how they operate. My current truck, I walked in and went through the option list with my salesman who pushed the "order" button at the end of the conversation. 14 weeks later I picked up the truck we had ordered.
That’s how mu old Ford dealer was. Unfortunately, they were the newest one in St. Louis and got axed a few years ago when ford reduced dealers. Also, the land they were on was way more valuable as a CVS, Taco Bell and Quick Trip.

Unfortunately I am not Getting a new truck anytime soon now. My new dealer tried putting in the order and it was rejected since I want the massaging seats and active park assist - both standard on the Limited Package. I’m not going to drop $80k on a new truck I’d I can’t get all the “standard” options.

I bought my car from a large dealer because a friend was a salesperson and honestly I’ll probably never go back. There are some good dealers around here but they’re few and far in between. The family dealers by me are limited to Nissan, Honda, and Mercedes

Dude. I'm envious. High speed internet? Must be nice. I have... DSL. And there's no upgrade in my future it seems.:rolleyes: One of the drawbacks from living in the boonies like I do.

DSL? Where? And from who? I used to have DSL service but then decided to upgrade. At the last minute I chickened and tried to cancel the service appointment. Got through to the tech, but he told I would to call the office as well because it would still be on their schedule. So, I did and the rep told me that they were discontinuing the DSL and upgrading to this next level of service. I immediately called the tech back, and was able to reconnect with him, admittedly for a later time since he had already moved up a later appointment. He was terrific, got me set up in no time with a new "grey box" on the side of my house that I didn't have before. And everybody that I talked on the phone was spot on as well.

Let me say this was at&t. If I remember right, it was 5 or 6 years ago. I don't know if that's before the changeover happened, but it's been a positive esperience for me.

We have some friends that their daughter went through something very similar. Her daughter, which is a senior in high school now went through this about a year and a half ago. She was also losing hair in chunks/handfuls just like you are describing. Hers was attributed to stress because all of the things she used to do, high school sports, pageants, etc were all taken away from her because of covid and she was isolated. Her parents had to get her some help and once her stress levels came back down her hair started growing back and she is back to her normal self. She was in a pretty deep depression when all of this happened and it made it worse on the hair loss. I believe her parents got her some help as in a psychiatrist, and things started to get better for her and shes back to normal. Stress can do terrible things to the body. I hope you get this all figured out!

I can believe this. Back when the pandemic had schools closing (which was stupid), there was an article in the local paper that interviewed several kids about the situation. One middle school kid said he thought it was great when they switched to remote learning, since he didn't have to go to school. He then said that reality set in a couple of days later when he discovered that it sucked! He missed his friends!

RateAPR

When I bought my house, the interest rate was 9.125%!

That was the story when my Mom bought her last new car, a Saturn Ion. A local dealership was advertising an incredible deal. My Mom had the cash in the bank, and went there with the intention of just writing a check and driving home in a new car. Guess again! If she wanted to pay cash the price was higher! They tried to direct her to a local credit union. When she told me this story, I told her that was because the dealership has an agreement with that credit union that kicks them back some cash from the interest that she'd be paying. That would get price up to the "cash" price. There's a name for it that I forget. So, she went back and paid the cash price! She didn't want to bother with 5 years worth of payments, and payment books and all that crap!

Now, as far as your situation goes, there may be only one way to get around it. The situations aren't exactly analogous, but it's one that my Mom used successfully many years ago. Hers was a car repair issue, but they were playing games with her as well. You know. She's just a dumb woman who doesn't know anything about cars. She had a Ford...Fairlane, I believe, with an automatic that had trouble shifting. It would stick in first gear. She had that car back to the dealership countless times. They would tell her the tranny was fixed, but it wasn't! It might work OK for a while, but it would go back to it's old ways.

The next to last time that she had the car in, they brought it out and told her it was fixed. She pulled out onto the road, and quickly realized that it was NOT fixed! She immediately turned around, drove back to the dealership, and stormed into the showroom! There was a couple in there talking to a salesman, and she yelled at them to NOT buy a car there. That they were all liars! The couple left, and someone came out from behind the curtain to try to shut my Mom up! She demanded to speak to the owner if he was there, which he was. They tried to threaten her with the cops, She threatened them with a lawsuit.

Long story short, she talked to the owner, and the ordered a new tranny from Ford to put in my Mom's car! Sometimes you have to raise a little sand to get what you want!

Back