Official Rant of the Day

So, I am sad now! Dropped Sicilia off at preschool. All the other youngins are screaming, crying, throwing fits...not wanting their mommas to leave. MINE...tells me...I play Daddy! Go! While pushing me out the door!

J.B. Cobb III;n8906510 said:
So, I am sad now! Dropped Sicilia off at preschool. All the other youngins are screaming, crying, throwing fits...not wanting their mommas to leave. MINE...tells me...I play Daddy! Go! While pushing me out the door!

That's really good actually. Give it a few weeks and it gets easier for you. Sicilia is fine. Dan not so much.

Seems like everytime I try to golf we get rain or something else happens this month. Been 2 weeks since I've been out. Hoped to play tonight.... nope 70% chance of rain this afternoon. I just want to play some golf before winter hits!

wubears71;n8906528 said:
That's really good actually. Give it a few weeks and it gets easier for you. Sicilia is fine. Dan not so much.

Since I work nights, it has been me and her together all day since she was born. I have been away from her only 4 times in almost 3 years. But, now I do have time to play 9+ holes every Tues/Thur!

SouthernShred;n8905945 said:
Found out last night that a good friend of mine back in ATL was killed in a horrible accident with a semi truck...he was just 26 and had been married about 8 months. He was following a mutual friend home...he got home and realized Chris wasn’t behind him. He backtracked to where his phone locator showed him only to find them loading the burned out car on a flatbed.

He was such a beautiful soul...thinking about his wife and family. Our little community back home is hurting.

I'm so sorry. May you all find peace and grace when you celebrate him.

Parrot;n8905550 said:
I just finished a client meeting. I may have to burn my office. Just before he left, he cut the nastiest, most foul-smelling fart. It sounded like a watermelon hitting concrete. He never said a word. I've used almost an entire bottle of the Fabreeze heavy duty air freshener and it hasn't touched it. I think it's stuck to me now and I need to go shower. I hope he actually crapped his pants. A**hole.

How's the office today?

Duffer Waldorf;n8906796 said:
How's the office today?

I don't have to burn it or find new space. One of the wife's expensive candles handled the situation.

That's one of the damnedest things I've encountered in nearly 30 years of law practice.

Nicegy525;n8899812 said:
anybody else ever shown up to work and suddenly realized you're wearing two different shoes? lol! At least I put my pants on correctly! its the small victories that matter...

No, but I have gone to a golf course 70 miles from home riding with my buddy, only to discover I brought two left golf shoes. I tried to buy a pair in the pro shop, but I am a 13W and that ain't usually an easy purchase. I played in my tennis shoes and actually only slipped on one swing all day 36 holes.

I am a cubmaster for a cub scout pack that is chartered by a Catholic Parish. Just got an order to cease all activity until all leaders can go through catholic youth protection training. We are a week into our program with multiple paid members. Why couldnt this have been taken care of over the summer? Or at least some advance notice given to get it done BEFORE we start the program...

Then I go to a work meeting and get told we are doing a horrible job for one of our customers. This customer keeps pushing their work load back every week with no explanation, so with our backlog of work to do, we move them to the back burner. The account rep only stated they were unhappy and we needed to get our level of service up. Through further questioning, I was able to glean that we needed to be inspecting their vehicle 2 weeks in advance of their intended sale date instead of 1 week like we do for everyone else...

I am so done with people who cant communicate effectively and end up setting me up for failure!!!!!!

Fridays have started to match mondays from a work standpoint and workload. Started with calls at 8 am and literally only put the phone down to change calls every hour until 4 pm. Brain is fried

chefkritter;n8907931 said:
Fridays have started to match mondays from a work standpoint and workload. Started with calls at 8 am and literally only put the phone down to change calls every hour until 4 pm. Brain is fried

Dislike. Literally my least favorite type of day.

Parrot;n8906846 said:
I don't have to burn it or find new space. One of the wife's expensive candles handled the situation.

That's one of the damnedest things I've encountered in nearly 30 years of law practice.

I just read the original post. My. God. You are a damn poet.

My brother in law was hit by a drunk driver this morning about 5AM. He owns a Little Debbie distributorship and was pulling his 30ft trailer. The driver hit the trailer on a 2 lane highway going the opposite direction. Everyone was fine. The funny part of the story was a lady was following the drunk driver home...making sure he got home safe. She pulled over during the accident. The cops gave her a breathalyzer test too and she failed and was handcuffed and put in the patrol car. That's the definition of two birds, one stone!

Kiddo stung by a wasp on his middle finger today. Nice color change on his arm, and a trip to emergency just as a precaution.

Never heard this boy cry so loud, and so long as he did today. Its a wonder he has any voice at all right now.

Kiddo stung by a wasp on his middle finger today. Nice color change on his arm, and a trip to emergency just as a precaution.

Never heard this boy cry so loud, and so long as he did today. Its a wonder he has any voice at all right now.

That is no fun.

My brother in law was hit by a drunk driver this morning about 5AM. He owns a Little Debbie distributorship and was pulling his 30ft trailer. The driver hit the trailer on a 2 lane highway going the opposite direction. Everyone was fine. The funny part of the story was a lady was following the drunk driver home...making sure he got home safe. She pulled over during the accident. The cops gave her a breathalyzer test too and she failed and was handcuffed and put in the patrol car. That's the definition of two birds, one stone!

That’s both terrible and an amazing story all in one. Glad everyone is fine.

And sense everyone is fine - let’s talk zebra cakes and my need to eat one now.

He all good now?

Had to terminate a long time employee yesterday and it’s weighing on me today...ugh.

I will see what I can do @Molten

That’s both terrible and an amazing story all in one. Glad everyone is fine.

And sense everyone is fine - let’s talk zebra cakes and my need to eat one now.

I will see what I can do!

He all good now?

All sorts of sore and a swollen finger. Color change has gone down. Watching him, but hopefully the worst is behind us.

Stupid apples falling off the apple tree in the yard, wasps are on all of them....

All sorts of sore and a swollen finger. Color change has gone down. Watching him, but hopefully the worst is behind us.

Stupid apples falling off the apple tree in the yard, wasps are on all of them....
poor little man.

I leave for Italy tomorrow. Spent the morning running last minute errands and got caught in a traffic jam. Arrived at the dry cleaners at 12:10, they close at 12. Had to rethink some of my clothing options for the trip.
Get into the house and my cat is limping. Check her out and leg and hip seem to be fine, but she cries when I touch her paw. Call the vet, of course they're closed too. I think she either caught her nail and ripped it out or she stepped on something that bruised her paw. She was licking her paw earlier but has stopped, so if there was something there she got it out, She's doing better now, House sitter will watch her and if she's still limping on Monday call the Vet and take her in if they recommend it.
Running around packing and the house seems to be too hot. Check the thermostat and it's reading 81. Call the cooling company, they come out, compressor needs replacing. Of course they don't have the part. Arrange with house sitter to coordinate repair.

I leave for Italy tomorrow. Spent the morning running last minute errands and got caught in a traffic jam. Arrived at the dry cleaners at 12:10, they close at 12. Had to rethink some of my clothing options for the trip.
Get into the house and my cat is limping. Check her out and leg and hip seem to be fine, but she cries when I touch her paw. Call the vet, of course they're closed too. I think she either caught her nail and ripped it out or she stepped on something that bruised her paw. She was licking her paw earlier but has stopped, so if there was something there she got it out, She's doing better now, House sitter will watch her and if she's still limping on Monday call the Vet and take her in if they recommend it.
Running around packing and the house seems to be too hot. Check the thermostat and it's reading 81. Call the cooling company, they come out, compressor needs replacing. Of course they don't have the part. Arrange with house sitter to coordinate repair.

Oh jeez. That sitter is earning their keep this time

Back