Official Rant of the Day

heard something from my mom who is a teacher locally that made me sick:

One of her students was attacked at lunch by another student after her student tagged the other student "out" in a game of dodgeball. The kid literally got tagged out, walked away from the game, grabbed a metal bat from one of the teachers PE closets then returned and proceeded to take BP on my mom's student's head. Once the kid was on the ground, the attacking kid decided to take a few swings at the adult that tried to break up the beating. 5-7 minutes later, with the attacker wondering around still swinging the bat, the "trained" staff showed up to smoother the kid basically and haul him off to the nurses office to try and calm him down. But of course, you know that's where they're treating my mom's student for the head injury and all sh!t breaks out in there because the attacker isn't being restricted and is free to stand or sit or in this case, basically remodel the nurses office by throwing everything and anything he can get his hands on until they smoother him again and finally restrain his arms. That was thursday. After a quick 3 day suspension with no other punishment pending, the kid returns to school and promptly searches out and continues the beating of my mom's student at first chance. Puts him in a headlock and begins twisting his head sideways in a snapping motion. Another 3 day suspension and that's it...Gotta love elementary school policys. :at-wits-end::at-wits-end:

My wife is a 2nd grade teacher. The **** i hear is insane. This school f’d up. That is assault and the police should have been called. Period. The police are trained to deal with it, schools are not. That is the biggest mistake schools make. Trying to fix a kid when they should just let the police handle it. The kids parents that got beat should be filing a report asap. I guess after 27 yrs nothing surprises me anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

official response was "he's under 11 and juvenile court won't intercede under 11".

********. What state did this happen in? This is a police/court issue. Period

Rant of the weekend. It started Friday coming home from work to dog diarrhea on the floor and ended with being stuck on the freeway this morning due to a dump truck that caught fire on the highway. Ugh.

580 yard par 5 down wind. I crush the driver right down the middle. I have an easy 230 yard 4i into the green. So I’m waiting for the green to clear. Of course there is a group in back of me waiting bit I am not laying up. I’ve never been on the green in 2. 5 min pass and I finally take my shot. Well, you can guess the rest of the story.

Just came back in from practicing in the back yard. All I was trying to do was move the low point of my 7 iron swing forward - and I failed completely at that one simple goal! I didn't care about the shot result or even contact... just trying to get a divot on front of the ball. WTH is wrong with me? (Rhetorical question. The correct answer of course is that I'm completely inept.)

I’m done with stupid people. A local community overwhelmingly voted to build a new high school and new middle school to address the over crowding issues. Now the same people are complaining that students will have to move to the new schools. What the heck did they expect?

I swear, people and taking iPhone chargers.

It’s like cocaine when people are low on battery. They will literally do anything to find a charger . I’ve had 3 stolen in the last year from work. Make it 4 as of this afternoon.

I swear, people and taking iPhone chargers.

It’s like cocaine when people are low on battery. They will literally do anything to find a charger . I’ve had 3 stolen in the last year from work. Make it 4 as of this afternoon.

Haha at work we give out iphones and when it comes time to get them back the charger and cable always seem to go missing.

I’m overreacting, but anyone at Sony that thinks the Princess Bride could be improved upon in a remake needs to be fired. Not happy

I’m overreacting, but anyone at Sony that thinks the Princess Bride could be improved upon in a remake needs to be fired. Not happy

what?! this makes me angry. that movie is perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

what?! this makes me angry. that movie is perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
My wife told me it was all over Twitter ?

I literally HATE relying on other companies to do work for me. I took a job last week for not one but 2 new customers and told them it would be a week turnaround. It's a service we offer to our customers but don't do ourselves here and told them it would be a week...which is pretty standard. I just called my supplier to see if my job was ready and he told me middle of next week!! :mad::mad:

I literally HATE relying on other companies to do work for me. I took a job last week for not one but 2 new customers and told them it would be a week turnaround. It's a service we offer to our customers but don't do ourselves here and told them it would be a week...which is pretty standard. I just called my supplier to see if my job was ready and he told me middle of next week!! :mad::mad:

That is so hard. Now you have to do the customer service for someone else being slow.

That is so hard. Now you have to do the customer service for someone else being slow.

Exactly! It's the worst and why I hate sending stuff out but its a service I almost have to offer. Just sucks when I'm trying to get new work, these 2 customers have potential to big clients and now on first go round I look like an idiot. So frustrating.

4.8 inches of rain since Friday.

Well then. Looks like half the courses in town won't be opening again before end of season.

A household Head cold that I thought i was able to avoid has breached my defenses. No golf today

I absolutely hate having to buy new tires for my vehicles. That expense is one of the most annoying one's ever.

I absolutely hate having to buy new tires for my vehicles. That expense is one of the most annoying one's ever.
It's the worst. It's hard to think of a more boring way to part with $1k +

It's the worst. It's hard to think of a more boring way to part with $1k +

Luckily I found a like new set of tires and wheels off a 2019 model with only 2,200 miles on them for $750. It worked out awesome because the chrome on my current wheels was peeling off and looked like crap.

i leave to go out of town thursday for a long weekend of golf with thp’ers. my wife asked her parents to come in town wednesday to help. ...except they showed up today. apparently my wife did not communicate very well with them. yay

Luckily I found a like new set of tires and wheels off a 2019 model with only 2,200 miles on them for $750. It worked out awesome because the chrome on my current wheels was peeling off and looked like crap.

Going to put winter tires on your old wheels?

Going to put winter tires on your old wheels?

I was thinking about it but my wife is going to be driving the truck most of the winter and she only drives probably 7 miles every day so I'll probably hold off this year.

Sitting in the waiting room while getting my truck serviced. A Woman is sitting in here blabbing on her phone about stupid nonsense. She is a loud talker too. WTF is wrong with people? So oblivious and self absorbed.

Sitting in the waiting room while getting my truck serviced. A Woman is sitting in here blabbing on her phone about stupid nonsense. She is a loud talker too. WTF is wrong with people? So oblivious and self absorbed.
Start replying to what she says.

Start replying to what she says.
I've done that in the past, and usually they get the point.

Sometimes I will get real close to them and stare. When they notice this they will say something like "can I help you?". I reply with "you were speaking so loudly I just assumed you wanted me to participate in the conversation, and I wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything". I have to be in the right mood for this though.

Back