Official Rant of the Day

Actually....screw it.....here’s more....

I’d like to point out that earlier in the day they stonewalled the procedural vote from moving into debate stage because of “wanting more in it for the working people of this country”

https://twitter.com/oilfield_rando/status/1242251351398252544?s=21

I had to drive an hour north and an hour south to pick up 4 pounds of ground beef in a cooler from my father after he waited in line at 7 am to buy 8 pounds from a local market. After three days of trying, I was finally able to buy a dozen eggs for my family of four. But you know what was really in my mind during all that time? Whether NASA is sufficiently funded for the next 30 days as our country is shut down.

On second thought, I hope NASA get the money and uses it to build a rocket that can take people into space, because I am going to want them to fire me into the f****n sun.

I had to drive an hour north and an hour south to pick up 4 pounds of ground beef in a cooler from my father after he waited in line at 7 am to buy 8 pounds from a local market. After three days of trying, I was finally able to buy a dozen eggs for my family of four. But you know what was really in my mind during all that time? Whether NASA is sufficiently funded for the next 30 days as our country is shut down.

On second thought, I hope NASA get the money and uses it to build a rocket that can take people into space, because I am going to want them to fire me into the f****n sun.

No golf up there.....just say’n. Think this out.

omnibus! shoe's on the other foot

:banghead::facepalm:

Last edited:
Yippee, a foot of friggin wet, heavy snow! WTF! I need the tropical weather up here to kill the virus not this sh%t to kill my back! 🥵😡🤬

If the s**tshow in Congress right now doesn't fuel a national referendum for term limits, then we as a country are fools. In time of national need they can only think of themselves and their agendas.
Giving people a check doesn't give them a job to go back to which is 10000 times more important. Save businesses with this bill not advance your social agenda. Yes there needs to be more transparency on the business loans and grants. But don't put to much restrictions on businesses to where they can't operate efficiently.

If the s**tshow in Congress right now doesn't fuel a national referendum for term limits, then we as a country are fools. In time of national need they can only think of themselves and their agendas.
Giving people a check doesn't give them a job to go back to which is 10000 times more important. Save businesses with this bill not advance your social agenda. Yes there needs to be more transparency on the business loans and grants. But don't put to much restrictions on businesses to where they can't operate efficiently.
They never miss an opportunity to pay back those who contributed to their campaigns or put money where it helps their own vested interests. It's disgusting. ☹

They never miss an opportunity to pay back those who contributed to their campaigns or put money where it helps their own vested interests. It's disgusting. ☹
Do they think nobody would actually read where ALL the money is going? I'd investigate the schools that were listed and expose any self-serving handouts.

My eye roll is not directed at you in the least...but the content of your post. It’s insane to me...thanks for posting
No worries brother. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions on the matter. But, when it directly affects everyone.....some of this stuff is just insane to even think about putting into a "worker saving" bill.

Virus has now cancelled all events on Marine base so no family day or watching graduation! BS!

So far can pick him up tomorrow and video of graduation will be posted. Not good enough and just hope we can pick him up to go home on leave. Will see if that is also cancelled and he has to stay. Tera is a mess and I'm frustrated.
Well, we got him home. Ceremony was done in adutorium and he wasn't in view of camera. Had a great visit and he stayed healthy through all of this. Even got to take him golfing!

Took him to the airport for 5:30 flight, very few passengers and most were Marines heading back to San Diego. He arrived safely and will now be in quarantine for 14 days before continuing his journey!

Even more concerned now. Over 300 new Marines all coming back together from across the US. At least he now has a phone and we can talk to him when allowed for updates.

Edit
Just got an update:

From Him:
There screening everyone, they said we might be in quarantine for 3 weeks and only have 2 weeks of training a lot of stuff happening right now I will keep you posted

Last edited:
twain.jpg

my county just declared stay at home Thursday mar 26 through Thursday april 9. f--- everything about this. i'll take "how to cripple a 32 year old business in 14 days" for $1,000, alex.

my county just declared stay at home Thursday mar 26 through Thursday april 9. f--- everything about this. i'll take "how to cripple a 32 year old business in 14 days" for $1,000, alex.

I'm sorry to hear that, Cap. I hope you can get your firm through this. Here for you, brother!

Well they just shut down all the parks here.:mad::mad: Not sure how that's going to affect the golf courses, 2 are muni & 3 are public & 1 is CC.

Well, we got him home. Ceremony was done in adutorium and he wasn't in view of camera. Had a great visit and he stayed healthy through all of this. Even got to take him golfing!

Took him to the airport for 5:30 flight, very few passengers and most were Marines heading back to San Diego. He arrived safely and will now be in quarantine for 14 days before continuing his journey!

Even more concerned now. Over 300 new Marines all coming back together from across the US. At least he now has a phone and we can talk to him when allowed for updates.

Edit
Just got an update:

From Him:
There screening everyone, they said we might be in quarantine for 3 weeks and only have 2 weeks of training a lot of stuff happening right now I will keep you posted

I am sure he is going to MCT after Quarantine. Where will his next MOS school be?

I am sure he is going to MCT after Quarantine. Where will his next MOS school be?
That's the plan so far. He just text and said he is settled in for now so that's a plus.

He is not sure at this point where his MOS will be. Mom is concerned it will be too far...go figure

Most I've seen still allow for traveling to work and shopping.

Most I've seen still allow for traveling to work and shopping.

orange county is stay-at-home for nonessential businesses. I think we would be considered essential, but having a hard time finding confirmation.

orange county is stay-at-home for nonessential businesses. I think we would be considered essential, but having a hard time finding confirmation.
FB_IMG_1585084196705.jpg

My reading of the Order is that financial and accounting services are either essential or excepted from non-essential but I’m not licensed in Florida, so TIFWIW.

You are allowed under section 2(b)(20).

My reading of the Order is that financial and accounting services are either essential or excepted from non-essential but I’m not licensed in Florida, so TIFWIW.

yeah, I just read the order. we are good to keep working. at least we can still work through what we have in-house. but I was texting with someone in the legal field earlier tonight, and he is seeing what I am: FAR less emails, FAR less phone calls. Just makes me wonder what the rest of the year will look like.

You are allowed under section 2(b)(20).

yep. funny, there's almost MORE businesses allowed than those that aren't allowed.

yep. funny, there's almost MORE businesses allowed than those that aren't allowed.
It’s similar as the order here in Miami. I am trying to figure out what legal service I offer that is “essential” to anything.

Back