Official Rant of the Day

yeah, I just read the order. we are good to keep working. at least we can still work through what we have in-house. but I was texting with someone in the legal field earlier tonight, and he is seeing what I am: FAR less emails, FAR less phone calls. Just makes me wonder what the rest of the year will look like.
I have been busy the last few days with clients regarding leases and financial matters (one of my areas is creditor law). I think it’s dependent of what sector you are in. I would owe your head up, I expect service like yours will be in need. For example, you have to have current tax returns to file bankruptcy. Or get a loan.

he is seeing what I am: FAR less emails, FAR less phone calls.
No question, there’s that. This week, to try to head dome of that off, I’ve been touching base with our clients to discuss other legal areas where we could help them, if they have a need.

f**k nobody went to work yesterday and we missed an email for a hot job and they found someone else to do it :mad: Big mistake for our small business and our biggest client.

**** nobody went to work yesterday and we missed an email for a hot job and they found someone else to do it :mad: Big mistake for our small business and our biggest client.
You guys can’t have those emails on you phones??? That’s a bummer

You guys can’t have those emails on you phones??? That’s a bummer
We are a very small business and I work with my dad, before we left on Monday I told him we should put email on his phone. He said no I will still be coming in even though we aren't sure if we are "allowed" to work. Yesterday he decided not to go to the office :rolleyes: . This morning he went in and I get the phone call saying what happened. He has called the customer and clarified that we are working when needed and asked her to copy me on any future emails. I have access at home and live close by so I can go in if needed, hopefully we only miss that one job.

We are a very small business and I work with my dad, before we left on Monday I told him we should put email on his phone. He said no I will still be coming in even though we aren't sure if we are "allowed" to work. Yesterday he decided not to go to the office :rolleyes: . This morning he went in and I get the phone call saying what happened. He has called the customer and clarified that we are working when needed and asked her to copy me on any future emails. I have access at home and live close by so I can go in if needed, hopefully we only miss that one job.
Mannn that’s a bummer dude. I’m sorry homie

The first time I saw the commercial, I thought, “you know, you are right, I do miss those luxurious paper towels”

But sitting here in self quarantine binge watching “The First 48” I swear I have seen the same commercial 10 times this hour.
View attachment trim.57860A95-1ACD-49C2-9CFA-1B6B1A86E9F1.MOV

But sitting here in self quarantine binge watching “The First 48”
I freaked out the first time I saw Louisville on that show.

My heart aches.

7 seniors who have been with me for four years, just lost their senior season, their graduation, all of it

My heart aches.

7 seniors who have been with me for four years, just lost their senior season, their graduation, all of it
It’s really tough. Our governing org is still holding out hope they can get a shortened spring season in but we are running out of time. Not to mention Proms, graduation ceremonies, etc. It has been hard for kids of all ages but this year’s seniors are especially taking it in the shorts.

My heart aches.

Ah man those poor kids. Especially if they were doing well in school prior, or rounding into golf form from the winter? That's crushing.

@McLovin I would guess that you will see an increase in available client's as a result of the COVID stimulus being tied to 2019 returns, right?

@McLovin I would guess that you will see an increase in available client's as a result of the COVID stimulus being tied to 2019 returns, right?

It's hard to keep track of the stimulus details, but the last I saw they weren't sure whether it would tie to 2019 or 2018. Maybe more guidance has been released? I think it would be foolish to tie to 2019.

My heart aches.

All the schools in VA are closed the rest of the year as well.. Stinks to be a senior.

My heart aches.

Oh, man. That’s a gut punch.

My heart aches.

My sister and I were talking about this last night. I feel so bad for the senior athletes at both the high school and college levels. Just robbed overnight out of nowhere of their swan song seasons. Gut wrenching when you think about the dedication these kids have had to their sport and academia.

There are people out there that have it a lot worse, for sure, but the losses keep piling up in every aspect of life. Tough pill to swallow from a lot of angles, right now.

It could be worse. My brother did graduate,and the next day headed for San Diego for basic training and to Vietnam from there for 2 1/2 years.

Just got home from cooking at one of my restaurants that’s still open. 8:30 am til 10:00 pm. Nonstop, all day being the only one in the kitchen all day. My body feels like I’ve been in a car wreck:ROFLMAO:

good news is only 6 more days til I take a day off.

My local range actually started closing at 5 which is crazy. I fortunately can hit on my sim but I do like to see the ball fly through the air and pick out targets from time to time. How do they get any business closing at 5? Just because people are working from home they are still working..

My local range actually started closing at 5 which is crazy. I fortunately can hit on my sim but I do like to see the ball fly through the air and pick out targets from time to time. How do they get any business closing at 5? Just because people are working from home they are still working..

I think the one by me is closing a couple hours early as well.

All the signs point to the US being 1-2 weeks behind the UK on all of this, based on our experiences over the pond.

We currently have:

All driving ranges closed
All golf courses closed
All non essential shops, restaurants, bars, etc closed
Anyone that can work from home is working from home
All schools closed, except a few to support the kids of key workers (medics, etc)
All summer events cancelled already - all sports seasons being declared null and void
All school summer exams and graduations cancelled already, with teachers being asked to ‘guess’ grades for seniors based on work to date
Anyone over 60 is being told to self isolate for the next 12 weeks
All parks closed except for the one exercise session per day that is permitted, and then social distancing of 6’6” must be observed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It’s really tough. Our governing org is still holding out hope they can get a shortened spring season in but we are running out of time. Not to mention Proms, graduation ceremonies, etc. It has been hard for kids of all ages but this year’s seniors are especially taking it in the shorts.

My son’s college just canceled graduation ceremonies. He’s going one more semester to finish but most of his buddies are graduating and a lot of them are pretty bummed out. Not a big deal for my freshman daughter to lose her golf season but I do feel bad for seniors whether it’s high school or college. College grads may be graduating in the worst job market ever.

All the signs point to the US being 1-2 weeks behind the UK on all of this, based on our experiences over the pond.

We currently have:

All driving ranges closed
All golf courses closed
All non essential shops, restaurants, bars, etc closed
Anyone that can work from home is working from home
All schools closed, except a few to support the kids of key workers (medics, etc)
All summer events cancelled already - all sports seasons being declared null and void
All school summer exams and graduations cancelled already, with teachers being asked to ‘guess’ grades for seniors based on work to date
Anyone over 60 is being told to self isolate for the next 12 weeks
All parks closed except for the one exercise session per day that is permitted, and then social distancing of 6’6” must be observed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
And typically, the weather has been nice enough this last week to be able to get out and play golf if we had been under normal circumstances.....

Don't know what it is like down your way, but up here I was talking to someone I used to work with at the hospital and she said the police are actively stopping traffic around here to check where they are going

I think that we will see the US be shut down even further than it already is, and golf will become a victim of the situation - I can see both sides of the argument, but personally I don't think that golf should be allowed at the moment as travel to and from the course is non-essential travel (I can see it is different if you live on a course) and you aren't allowed to drive somewhere for your exercise / walk the dog / etc, you can only exercise from your home

And typically, the weather has been nice enough this last week to be able to get out and play golf if we had been under normal circumstances.....

Don't know what it is like down your way, but up here I was talking to someone I used to work with at the hospital and she said the police are actively stopping traffic around here to check where they are going

I think that we will see the US be shut down even further than it already is, and golf will become a victim of the situation - I can see both sides of the argument, but personally I don't think that golf should be allowed at the moment as travel to and from the course is non-essential travel (I can see it is different if you live on a course) and you aren't allowed to drive somewhere for your exercise / walk the dog / etc, you can only exercise from your home
I might be purchasing the sim software early then..

I might be purchasing the sim software early then..
Yeah, I don't want to be negative, but the UK government issued a list of businesses that are allowed to be open, and golf courses are not on that list, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar thing happen for you guys

And we have seen reports from the local police (and surrounding areas) that they will be actively monitoring traffic movements to ensure only essential travel is taking place
Like I mentioned in my previous post, a former colleague has been stopped by the police whilst she was on her way to work at the hospital

To be honest, I feel the lockdown we are currently in was the result of people not listening to the guidance of social distancing - we have still seen pictures of the London underground being very busy, even since the lockdown order the other day

I do think isolation is now the best way to try and combat this virus, as I believe that there are a lot more people that have got it and not shown symptoms, so to isolate as many people as possible is going to reduce the strain on our NHS, and hopefully it will allow them to deal with existing cases without having a massive surge of new ones that would likely occur if no isolation was done

We may well see a spike in cases after the isolation period is lifted but having some extra time to work on a potential vaccination can only help, along with some new facilities that are being created - a conference centre is in the process of being converted into a 4,000 bed facility in case it is needed
The government asked for 250,000 volunteers to help in various capacities, and by the end of yesterday there were over 400,000 people who had come forward, so hopefully we can get on top of this over the next 3 weeks or so

Back