Official Rant of the Day

It was 21* when I got in the car this morning at 4:25...I'd say looks like winter is here in TN, but it's supposed to get up to 60* Saturday. lol
But, Florida.

Third attempt at opening a fraudulent credit card in my name. Received a letter in the mail yesterday I hope they tire of getting no where. Credit will stay frozen. :mad:

Why can't people take a joke sometimes? lol

Went to the bank Friday. There are 3 accounts that I've combined money into. I want to withdraw the money and close the accounts. I want the money in cash.

Teller - "Hi, welcome to Wells Fargo. How may I help you?"
Me - "I'd like to withdraw the balance of this account."
He sees the amount. Kind of makes a :oops: face and says "I'll be right back. I need to speak to my supervisor."
She comes over. "Sir, I'm very sorry. We don't have that amount on hand. If you like, we can order that and it'll be available next Friday for you."
Me - "No problem. Can I get that in a cashiers check?"
Supervisor - "Absolutely."

Teller - hands me the cashiers check "anything else I can help you with?"
Me - "I'd like to close these accounts."
Supervisor - "You'll be able to close them online Monday."
Me - "Ok cool. Thank you."

A few minutes later I walk out of the bank with my cashiers check. 15 minutes later I deposit it into another account at another bank. Yeah, I could have done a wire transfer. I wanted the money then and didn't feel like fooling with routing numbers and chancing me screwing something up and losing the money.

Anyway, Monday I went online to close 3 Wells Fargo accounts.
Savings account - I close successfully.
Checking account - Had a $0 balance on Friday as I'd moved everything to an estate account. It now has a balance of $0.02 and won't let me close it. I transfer that 2 cents to the estate account and successfully close the checking account Tuesday.

I try moving the 2 cents from the estate account using Zelle. Too much hassle. It's a no go. I call the bank's customer service and get help from a very nice CSR. She closes the account. And say the bank will be sending me a cashiers check for $0.02 in 8-10 days.

It's going to cost them more to print the check and mail it than the money I'm going to receive. And their books will forever be out of balance because I'm not cashing a check for $0.02. I didn't even want the 2 cents. I just wanted the accounts closed. They were the last of 2 things I need to complete for final settlement of my wife's estate.

Went to the bank Friday. There are 3 accounts that I've combined money into. I want to withdraw the money and close the accounts. I want the money in cash.

He sees the amount. Kind of makes a :oops: face and says "I'll be right back. I need to speak to my supervisor."
She comes over. "Sir, I'm very sorry. We don't have that amount on hand. If you like, we can order that and it'll be available next Friday for you."

A few minutes later I walk out of the bank with my cashiers check. 15 minutes later I deposit it into another account at another bank. Yeah, I could have done a wire transfer. I wanted the money then and didn't feel like fooling with routing numbers and chancing me screwing something up and losing the money.

Checking account - Had a $0 balance on Friday as I'd moved everything to an estate account. It now has a balance of $0.02 and won't let me close it. I transfer that 2 cents to the estate account and successfully close the checking account Tuesday.

I try moving the 2 cents from the estate account using Zelle. Too much hassle. It's a no go. I call the bank's customer service and get help from a very nice CSR. She closes the account. And say the bank will be sending me a cashiers check for $0.02 in 8-10 days.

It's going to cost them more to print the check and mail it than the money I'm going to receive. And their books will forever be out of balance because I'm not cashing a check for $0.02. I didn't even want the 2 cents. I just wanted the accounts closed. They were the last of 2 things I need to complete for final settlement of my wife's estate.
Banks suck

I just closed 2 accounts when I was consolidating my banking accounts. They had to mail me two different checks for the interest that had accrued but not deposited yet before they could close them.

We're talking dollars - in the singular sense. So they cut the checks and mailed them to me before I could close them. Oh Wells Fargo - how I won't miss you.

It's an absolute nightmare dealing with banks and banking organizations 90% of the time.

Looks like my employer might be merging and I work in one of the overlapping business units 🫤

Looks like my employer might be merging and I work in one of the overlapping business units 🫤

My best friend works for Cigna now, he was a part of Express Scripts who Cigna absorbed. Things have changed and he says it’s still an us/them type of culture. Good luck.

Big project scope coming down the pipe and should be rolling into the shop mid-December. Time to cancel some time off requests for Christmas/New Years :rolleyes:
The Grinch Film GIF by The Good Films

My best friend works for Cigna now, he was a part of Express Scripts who Cigna absorbed. Things have changed and he says it’s still an us/them type of culture. Good luck.
Well I work for the PBM at Humana. Since Express Scripts is so big and does what we do I’m going to guess my future is uncertain.

I hate sitting through job interviews. Did 4 today. It’s the same conversation with every candidate.

I hate sitting through job interviews. Did 4 today. It’s the same conversation with every candidate.
Interviews are the absolute worst!!

That's a big hassle, but that is just my 2 cents...

Happy The Muppets GIF by DisneyJunior

Interviews are the absolute worst!!
I never have anything to say. It’s quite simple…can you work well on a team? Can you answer the phone and deal with people who are at times in high stress situations? Do you mind travel every now and then and some OT coverage for the first 6 months of the year? Cool.

Also…every single person today did not have an up to date resume. WTF people?!

I had a Teams interview with a candidate for a Therapy Director this afternoon at 4, with a few people from corporate. I interviewed him in person the other day, went decent, but this Teams interview lasted an hour and was so drawn out and had the same canned answers that eventually I made my mind up that I wasnt hiring him and just decided to cut it short.

He used the word "dude" 39 times, at least. I mean, I use it too, but not when I am interviewing for a position such as this.

I had a Teams interview with a candidate for a Therapy Director this afternoon at 4, with a few people from corporate. I interviewed him in person the other day, went decent, but this Teams interview lasted an hour and was so drawn out and had the same canned answers that eventually I made my mind up that I wasnt hiring him and just decided to cut it short.

He used the word "dude" 39 times, at least. I mean, I use it too, but not when I am interviewing for a position such as this.
Man an hour is like out min right now. Last guy today used the term “makes sense” more than 25 times. I stopped marking them down.

Man an hour is like out min right now. Last guy today used the term “makes sense” more than 25 times. I stopped marking them down.
Ya know what sucks? I have the PERFECT candidate in-house, ready to jump at the position. Knows the entire staff, knows the patient load, has worked there since the facility opened 10 years ago, and the Corporate office in Tallahassee is making me go through like 15 interviews. I've already told them my mind is made up, but here we are, wasting time.

DUDE!! :LOL:

We randomly got slotted onto entry interview panels, I squirmed my way out of it almost every time. It was boring, and also usually made me further lose my faith in humanity.

I've got nine coming up. I need try to fit them in between all the meetings with the team designing the new accounting system for the state. Probably won't be able to fill this position until February.

Ya know what sucks? I have the PERFECT candidate in-house, ready to jump at the position. Knows the entire staff, knows the patient load, has worked there since the facility opened 10 years ago, and the Corporate office in Tallahassee is making me go through like 15 interviews. I've already told them my mind is made up, but here we are, wasting time.
Rooney rule? :LOL:

Back