Official Rant of the Day

I noticed this in print today, and now that it caught my eye I'm seeing it all over the place. The term COVID is an abbreviation for Corona Virus Disease (maybe technically an acronym, but I teach science, not English). So when people say COVID virus, it's pretty much the equivalent of saying ATM machine (another pet peeve of mine).

From the Department of Redundancy Department.

Left my golf umbrella at the course... A nice country club... And it's gone. Nobody turned it in! Ughhhh stupid brain farts suck sometimes.

Left my golf umbrella at the course... A nice country club... And it's gone. Nobody turned it in! Ughhhh stupid brain farts suck sometimes.
Thieves suck. Hope you get it back.

Thieves suck. Hope you get it back.
You would think that the bag boy or starter would help out someone. Especially given the circumstances... Members really need another golf umbrella?

Send GolferGal a PM with your full name and shipping address and I’m going to send you a new one.

Send GolferGal a PM with your full name and shipping address and I’m going to send you a new one.
Oh man that wasn't the reason for the post. So much appreciation!

I ordered bottles of some gutter cleaner from Home Depot online. Received the shipment and it was ONE bottle. Have been trying to reach Home Depot online order customer service and the number is not currently working. Customer Care said they could not do much, the store said they couldnt do much either.

Somebody is going to be doing something soon.

To expand on this. I finally got in touch with HD and they said that I have to dispute the charge with my financial institution because the package was delivered. I guess I could contact my bank and ask for a partial refund cause there were several other items on the order that were shipped and delivered correct.

I hopped on UPS website and the tracking details shows the package weighing 2.4 pounds. Guess what... 1 bottle of Krud Kutter is 32 ounces, which is 2 pounds. Had there been 4 in there, it would have been quite a bit heavier than 2 pounds. Contacted UPS and they confirmed the dimensions of the box and weight.

Home Depot is saying, sorry, we cannot do anything about it.

Last edited:
I don't think you're Robinson Crusoe on that one.

yeah but I normally get over these things after a week or two...it's been 3 months.

To expand on this. I finally got in touch with HD and they said that I have to dispute the charge with my financial institution because the package was delivered. I guess I could contact my bank and ask for a partial refund cause there were several other items on the order that were shipped and delivered correct.

I hopped on UPS website and the tracking details shows the package weighing 2.4 pounds. Guess what... 1 bottle of Krud Kutter is 32 ounces, which is 2 pounds. Had there been 4 in there, it would have been quite a bit heavier than 2 pounds. Contacted UPS and they confirmed the dimensions of the box and weight.

Home Depot is saying, sorry, we cannot do anything about it.

It would be really great if it would stop freaking raining so I could get some range time in with these new irons. Itttssssss alllwwwaaaaaaayyyyyyssssssss raiiiinnniiiiinnnnnggggg.

I am so close to vacation. Then just got an interview thrown on my schedule for early afternoon.

I found the irons and shafts for the build for my uncle and the irons were delivered at the end of last week and the graphite shafts were due Monday night. Over the weekend I pulled the heads from the shafts (they were steel and way too heavy and stiff). I cleaned out all of the hosels and prepped them for the shafts. I prepared my workbench with the epoxy, shaft beads, and ferrules. Tracking shows the shafts arrived at the post office in Washington DC last Sunday and there's been no other update since. It went from "your package will be delivered by 8pm tonight" to "your package is moving through the USPS network..." I filed a claim online and called my local post office who are trying to track it down. I was so excited for the build and now I'm just hoping the shafts aren't lost. Uggh..

I'm so motherf***ing over it. That's all.

It would be really great if it would stop freaking raining so I could get some range time in with these new irons. Itttssssss alllwwwaaaaaaayyyyyyssssssss raiiiinnniiiiinnnnnggggg.

Come on out to AZ my friend! Very little rain but a tad bit hot lol!

yeah but I normally get over these things after a week or two...it's been 3 months.

That's definitely a sign that you should pay attention to. Life is too short to be miserable at work.

I'm going to consolidate today into a 3 part rant if that's okay with everyone.

1. people who drive in the left lane of the highway (this is the passing lane people) until they reach their exit at which point they make a two-lane move

2. since the pandemic started, we've been 4 day work weeks. Today was, technically, my day off. I had booked a round of golf for the morning and mid-week had a coworker ask if I could do a small commissioning job at a site in Oakville. Since I haven't exactly been busy during the WFH I agreed to do it. I'm on the course this morning and a buddy calls and wants to golf in the afternoon. At first I'm reluctant, but he talks me into it. Doing the mental math, I need everything to go perfectly if I'm going to make the 3:30 tee time. During the morning round I had so many phone calls that I gave up trying to play after 14 holes. Traffic to Oakville is bumper to bumper. I get to site, and everything goes relatively well - I had about an hour allotted and wrapped up in about an hour and ten. Packing up my truck the site super want to talk golf. I politely engage, with the seconds ticking by in the back of my mind. I finally get on the road with my GPS telling me I will arrive at 3:32. Spend most of the time driving fielding more phone calls. Get to the course, play decent for three or four holes and then completely tank. i go through the 7 balls in my bag in about 3 holes. Find a top flite in the weeds and proceed to use it for the rest of the round. Oh yeah, it started to drizzle on the 9th tee. We were walking, and I don't carry an umbrella. Sitting here typing this, my body hurts. I may take tomorrow off.

3. a rant for a friend: he goes online, finds a yellow golf shirt he likes and orders it. When it arrives, he opens the package to find an orange golf shirt. Sends a message to the seller, they refund his money, tell him to keep the shirt and arrange to send him another. When the second package arrives, it also is an orange golf shirt. He contacts them again, and is told that is what the call yellow in China.

Disregard

Back