Official Rant of the Day

I think that, and genetics, can have a lot to do with it. My main golf buddy, and his wife, have no history of kidney stones. But their Son has them left and right! He drinks all kinds of energy drinks and iced teas every day. A long time ago I read an article that indicated that the epicenter of kidney stone affliction was in the southeastern and southern US! That's where the most iced tea is drunk in this country! Luckily, I am unaware of any history of kidney stone in my family, and never having one in 70 years of life, leaves me feeling pretty confident of never developing one.

Makes sense. Tea is high in oxalates and most stones are calcium oxalate, plus the warm climate offers the potential for dehydration.

The Miami airport suuuuuuuuuucks

JBCIV broke out in hives yesterday. Doctor thinks it’s a post fever rash. These last 2 weeks have been terrible. Need things to settle down soon.

Why can't people read and follow instructions?!

Everyone has been told not to add duplicate entries, but, despite only having 3 options currently active in a system, people insist on adding the same option again as another entry in a list :banghead:

I take engineering ethics very seriously. There is absolutely no way I’m going to seal a document with my Preofessional Engineering stamp if I didn’t do the work myself or directly supervised the work. Stop asking and stop getting annoyed when I say no.

Guess the storm flooded/fried out outdoor outlet on our front porch. Under the supervision of my FIL via video chat who is a former head electrician for automotive factories I installed the new outlet correctly and installed a new cover and seal correctly and it still wont work :banghead:. I will see if the insurance company will send someone out without charging me for my deductible.

Guess the storm flooded/fried out outdoor outlet on our front porch. Under the supervision of my FIL via video chat who is a former head electrician for automotive factories I installed the new outlet correctly and installed a new cover and seal correctly and it still wont work :banghead:. I will see if the insurance company will send someone out without charging me for my deductible.

Hate to ask but did you double check the breaker?

Check the GFI in the garage?

Turned off the light so you can actually see the green led

PXL_20221003_192710154.jpg

New email system being implemented at work. It's supposed to save time and money. It's already increased my aggravation 100 times more than it was when I walked in this morning.
The email instructions on how to perform the cutover were supposed to arrive yesterday according to the email that was sent Thursday. It arrived this morning. Instructions are unclear on a lot of things.

I' seriously fighting the urge to rage quit this job. I hate this place today.:mad::mad:

I usually eat my lunch a little after 11. Today I brought corned beef on rye with some spicy mustard, and I was really looking forward to it. I have a meeting at 11.

My son has a sore throat and raspy cough - not Covid but the same virus that causes croup in babies. We are so ****** up - if it was Covid, he would be home the rest of the week. But since it’s a different virus (albeit one that actually puts babies in the hospital), it’s all thumbs up to return to school.

What asinine logic!

Yesterday was the day from hell so I'm going to vent here.
First I was running late for work. I left my lunch on the table, forgot my watch, then on the way to work going in the fast lane on the freeway I ran over a full bundle of insulated duct that goes in your ceiling (see pic I took when I got to work). Things didn't get much better after getting to work. I was glad to get that day over with. car.jpg

U-haul.. terrible customer service even when they are the ones who made the mistake..

I ordered 2 items from Amazon prime last week and they have been "running late" for the past 5 days.

I know when it's been running late for that long the packages are pretty much lost... Why Amazon!? Just admit that you lost the package lol

I have forgotten all Calculus. And today I need to do calculus.

Okay, so living in the country has it's pluses and minuses, one of the drawbacks being that it is a ten mile drive from my house into town on country roads. Not really that bad, most of it is on one good road, a few windy parts, a couple of moderate grades, but easy to maintain the posted speed limit or above. The first five miles is 50 mph speed limit, then 45 mph the second five.

There are a lot of really bad drivers up here though, and getting stuck behind them can really tax your patience, something I'm short on anyway. There are only three places where it is legal to pass, nice long, straight, flat sections, and all three are in that first five miles. Well that has been the case for more than the 32 years I've lived out here, until last week. I'm assuming it was some idiot at the County Dept of Transportation that decided to get rid of those passing areas, repainting the broken center line to a solid double yellow, so now we have ten miles of road with no legal places to pass, and these hills are filled with Prius and Subaru drivers that won't get anywhere near the speed limit. Add in the logging trucks, RVs, and other big slow vehicles, and it can add a bunch of time to the drive, and a conga line of cars a mile long by the time you get to town. :banghead:

I hate it when someone turns a 5 minute conversation (or less) and into one 20 minutes or longer? Let's deal with the stuff and move on. I don't need you to read me something I've already read and that we've discussed - today, and then repeat things we've already gone over twice or more (and resolved), plus extraneous personal family happenings from the last month that you've told me about at least 3 times.

I don't need the labor, just give me the baby.

Why when it's raining and cold does the day just seem to draaaaaagggggg along and all you want it to do is end?

I have forgotten all Calculus. And today I need to do calculus.

And that is why I got into financials because calculus was not any fun. Trig was the other where I said yup I rather do compounding interest and accruals.

Back