Official Rant of the Day

It's the joys of rural living. I'm eagerly anticipating the letdown that I expect to happen from StarLink. Gig wireless? From satellite? Sign me up. SpaceX, launch those satellites faster! I want faster internet.

My 1st world rant: I don't like being left-handed. Watching all of the pictures (that I can see from work) of the PGA show and seeing club reviews this month... they're awesome! And only available in right hand... or limited lofts. Bridgestone did it. Wilson Staff did it. Tour Edge is doing it. Cleveland is doing it. Wah. Wah. Wah. I know what you're thinking. "It's only golf".

It's not just golf. Almost everything. Almost everything in this world is set up to kill me. Power tools? Yup. I'm on the wrong side of a circular saw. Table saw? Yep. Wrong side. Scissors? The most diabolical invention of torture ever designed by man or woman. How do you USE those? All they do for me is hurt my fingers and mangle paper.

Ok, I think I'm done. LOL. Being lefty sucks.

It's the joys of rural living. I'm eagerly anticipating the letdown that I expect to happen from StarLink. Gig wireless? From satellite? Sign me up. SpaceX, launch those satellites faster! I want faster internet.

My 1st world rant: I don't like being left-handed. Watching all of the pictures (that I can see from work) of the PGA show and seeing club reviews this month... they're awesome! And only available in right hand... or limited lofts. Bridgestone did it. Wilson Staff did it. Tour Edge is doing it. Cleveland is doing it. Wah. Wah. Wah. I know what you're thinking. "It's only golf".

It's not just golf. Almost everything. Almost everything in this world is set up to kill me. Power tools? Yup. I'm on the wrong side of a circular saw. Table saw? Yep. Wrong side. Scissors? The most diabolical invention of torture ever designed by man or woman. How do you USE those? All they do for me is hurt my fingers and mangle paper.

Sorry, I can only laugh after 25 years of watching my daughter suffer being left handed.:laughing:

Man. Left handed is maybe 20% of the population at the most. I’ve seen figures saying closer to 6% of the population being left handed. Unique-ish. Add your daughter to that and it’s a lot more rare.

Yes, it’s a struggle sometimes.

I feel your pain almost completely. I’m left handed in everything other than sports.

i don't like being in my 30s and feeling like i'm in my 80s. my back hurts. my knees hurt. my hands hurt. my wrists hurt. and having no idea how to make any of it better is frustrating.

I'm really disappointed in GHIN and to some degree the golf media industry. GHIN has handled this changeover to the World Handicapping System so poorly. It's January 22nd and the system is barely functional. It takes about 5 times as long to post a score using the hole-by-hole advanced scoring. The scorecards aren't right, which appears to be distorting handicaps. Only about 10% of the prior stats reports are available in any way, shape or form. On top of that, there is no way to report problems with the system. Their Contact Us buttons aren't working.

But that is not what has disappointed me the most.

It's the lack of communication. This is a marketing and customer relations disaster of the first order. As far as I've been able to tell, GHIN has had nothing to say beyond their late December announcement that they'd be launching their new WHS-compliant system on January 6th. The USGA and their regional associations are aware of the problems and in contact with GHIN, but they don't seem to be getting any updates either, or if they are they must be under some form of non-disclosure.

The golf industry media hasn't been any help either. Not a peep from any golf media outlet.

I'm not looking for a pound of flesh. Just some information that lets me know they are working on the problems, where they are going, and where they are heading. Is that too much to ask from those who depend on and pay for their system?

Last edited:
i don't like being in my 30s and feeling like i'm in my 80s. my back hurts. my knees hurt. my hands hurt. my wrists hurt. and having no idea how to make any of it better is frustrating.
Perfect target for CBD ?

Welcome to middle age, at about 30 is when I noticed the aches and pains more, I think the bullet proof coating starts wearing off at around that age. :(

It happens man... We just have to adapt. I am totally used to being let down by options in Left Handed, but honestly, lots of OEMs do a pretty damn good job in our segment of the market.

Callaway is one that comes to mind for me, they offer TONS in LH

As for the power tools, and my biggest one... getting ink all over my hand when I write, I got nothin :confused:

I hear you man. I was taking some swings in the garage last night and for some reason my elbows and right shoulder hurt. Came in the house and my lower back hurt. What in the heck is going on?

I tweaked my left ankle yesterday and it doesn't feel great right now. It's the one I broke a two years ago and has a plate with screws in it. I am hoping some ice and elevating can help, but damn this one hurts.

I tweaked my left ankle yesterday and it doesn't feel great right now. It's the one I broke a two years ago and has a plate with screws in it. I am hoping some ice and elevating can help, but damn this one hurts.

Ugh that sucks. Feel better man

Ugh that sucks. Feel better man

Thanks. the swelling seems to have gone down a bit overnight, but walking on it at work and stuff I have a feeling it will be swollen again by the time I get home.

I hear you man. I was taking some swings in the garage last night and for some reason my elbows and right shoulder hurt. Came in the house and my lower back hurt. What in the heck is going on?

I had some issues last year with my right hip, saw a chiro and got as sorted out as I could be. This year it's been my lower back, and two trips to the chiro he says i'm moving well but it still hurts. I think it's affecting my golf swing and keeping me from swinging with any speed. i'm talking like 10mph less swing speed this time this year vs this time last year. My wrists are starting to hurt when I make my first few swings on the range, then they're fine. and the tops of my hands are starting to hurt when I try to grip anything with any strength. It sucks!

Haha I played some sim golf on Monday after not picking up a club since the end of November. Let me just say, Tuesday felt like I was hit by a truck.

Reactions: KEV
Perfect target for CBD ?

Welcome to middle age, at about 30 is when I noticed the aches and pains more, I think the bullet proof coating starts wearing off at around that age. :(

I didn't start noticing those things until late 40s. I did stay very physically active and think that helped. I had a few acute injuries over the years, and most of the pains, aches, inflexibility I feel now are related to those. They catch up over time. Yoga and more of an overall yogi-inspired lifestyle is helping me quite a bit these days. Funny but I used to think getting old was a problem other people had. ;) Life is very fair. Keep living, get older, age kicks in. Those who ignore reality of time or play the ageism game are setting up their own devious trap. :censored:

I had some issues last year with my right hip, saw a chiro and got as sorted out as I could be. This year it's been my lower back, and two trips to the chiro he says i'm moving well but it still hurts. I think it's affecting my golf swing and keeping me from swinging with any speed. i'm talking like 10mph less swing speed this time this year vs this time last year. My wrists are starting to hurt when I make my first few swings on the range, then they're fine. and the tops of my hands are starting to hurt when I try to grip anything with any strength. It sucks!
Sorry. Hate to break it to you but wait for the 50s, it’s all of that and some. It sucks.

I didn't start noticing those things until late 40s. I did stay very physically active and think that helped. I had a few acute injuries over the years, and most of the pains, aches, inflexibility I feel now are related to those. They catch up over time. Yoga and more of an overall yogi-inspired lifestyle is helping me quite a bit these days. Funny but I used to think getting old was a problem other people had. ;) Life is very fair. Keep living, get older, age kicks in. Those who ignore reality of time or play the ageism game are setting up their own devious trap. :censored:
So true. I am on my last year of 40’s. Lots of neat things have popped up over the last few years in regards to health/injuries. I keep plugging away and remain in good shape and spirits.

I have started doing more core strength exercises and stretching before swinging to help prevent the pain. I never had to do this when I was younger.. Getting old sucks!!

Sorry to hear that Cap! Maybe add a PT to the mix? I use both and find they provide a lot of unique value. My PT focuses on my hips and all those little muscles with dry needling. Really helps unlock them.

Rest that thing up man!

Stretch more before the round. If I don't focus on my wrists and shoulders before hand, I'm in a lot of pain the first several swing. My back is such a mess, there's not much help I can give you there.

I have started doing more core strength exercises and stretching before swinging to help prevent the pain. I never had to do this when I was younger.. Getting old sucks!!

As someone who is approaching 60, I can attest to this. I have a herniated and bulging disc in my back and two arthritic knees. I find that physical activity and keeping my weight under control are most helpful. I can't advocate enough about stretching and core training. I also try to incorporate in some yoga. A good day for me is a day when I don't have to think about taking ibuprofen or naproxen.

Well it has been a pretty sh** week

Sunday evening we got a message saying a friend of ours had suffered a heart attack and had been on life support for a couple days but was basically brain-dead so the family made the decision to turn the machine off - It took until early afternoon Monday before he passed away
We would have seen the family this weekend as there is a big group of us that all get together after the festive season.....it has been decided it will still go ahead in memory of him but no doubt it will be more of a sombre affair this year

Then Tuesday I get a message from my mother to say that someone I used to play badminton with (who lives a couple streets over from my mother) also died - not sure yet of the circumstances but she must have been in her 70's

They say things always come in 3's but I am hoping it doesn't happen this time :(

Damn man. I'm so sorry to hear that

Back