Official Rant of the Day

Flying from Michigan to Florida, 3-hour flight. Sitting next to a young child with a tablet watching a little kid cartoon. He does not have headphones. He just has the speakers Turned Up full blast and pointed right at me. It was very, very annoying

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
That is just poor parenting. I usually don't call out other parents but come on..

Apparently 8 months ago when receiving 4 pallets of freight I counted an item that we now cannot find anywhere.
I am super annoyed because I 100% would have only "received" it so we could pay it if the product was actually there.
Pissed that I would have made such a mistake.

Pulling what little hair I have out 1 by 1.... Getting work colleagues to take accountability for issues that occurred/happened within their teams is akin to herding cats.... Recent audit where 2 different groups were the focus of this audit.... my team had 4 findings and my colleague, her team had 27..... yeah, not a typo, 27 vs. 4 (this is not reflection of me by any means, but that of my team) however, I am the one who was 'voluntold' to take the lead on aligning responses.... Drafts are due on Monday, my team has completed our draft responses (yeah only 4 I understand), but knowing that 27 responses will need significant time and effort, this team for the most part has been radio silent since Thursday afternoon..... oh, and these findings were shared Thursday AM with the timeline for drafts on Monday end of the day!

Rant over..... but my gawd!

Used the electric kettle for hot water for my French press this morning. Had a little extra water so thought it would be good to clean out a metal water bottle I intend to use when walking 18 holes later this afternoon. Top popped off and scalding water across my left forearm caused a lovely burn. It's supposed to be 60 in this area of Virginia so I'm still going to play but it is going to hurt.. Uggh

How can a school cancel class for tomorrow due to snow when it literally hasn't even started snowing yet? Just based on a forecast that could be completely wrong? Am I taking crazy pills? Have the kids by myself all week already with my wife traveling for work, and now apparently I have them all day here too and can't go to work. Lovely.

We bought a universal garage key pad for our garage door opener so our daughter had a way to get in the house if we weren’t there to get her off the bus.

I installed it and it didn’t tell me on the instructions that it would cancel out our in car remotes. Found that when I left for this morning.

My wife locked her and the kids out of the house today so I got to make the long round trip home to let them in and then stay late at work to make up for it

Hello insomnia, long time no see.

Why don't I just retire? Funny when you get to my age you can be balancing on the retirement scales and undecided. At least the months are moving along and I will probably depart in the fall. There is my rant for the day!

Hello insomnia, long time no see.
I have the opposite issue.. I've been so tired and keep getting in bed late that it's a battle to get up in the morning.

Im over pettiness.

Im easy to find if someone were to have any questions or want to have a conversation, it’s really not that hard.

:cool:

Regulations changed for some equipment. I notified the team that maintains this equipment the regs chnged. Nothing but crickets. We're in the middle of a big assessment... and this equipment is part of the review. Do we change to the new regs or stay with the old regs?

And some of the regs that just changed? They're going to change again. Soon. Which the team that maintains the equipment will once again ignore.

My DFW-TUS flight last Sunday was the worst 2+ hours of my life on a plane ever. I'm in the window seat. Mr. middle seat arrives and plops down. Now I'm a big guy (bigger than most) but I stay in my seat space. This guy proceeds to open his legs up so his legs are pushing against me. Then he flops his arms down on the arm rest and pushes his elbows out. I try to politely indicate to him he's taking up my space. He won't acknowledge me at all (headphones in the whole time and won't even look at me). I step things up by pushing back on the armrest or grabbing it when he moves his arm for a moment. He escalates and pushes on me even harder. I finally relent and try to squeeze myself over against the window. What's next? He opens up his can of chewing tobacco and proceeds to chew the entire flight spitting his nasty saliva into an empty water bottle.
Needless to say I could not get off that plane fast enough when we landed.

Im over pettiness.

Im easy to find if someone were to have any questions or want to have a conversation, it’s really not that hard.

:cool:
I feel the same way at work all the time. Ray Dalio (founder of Bridgewater) created a culture of brutal honesty where the silliness is not allowed. If you talked behind someone's back they were required to call you out as a "slimy weasel" and immediately take you to the person you were talking about. That would be a radical change to the culture but I would love to try that out!

How can a school cancel class for tomorrow due to snow when it literally hasn't even started snowing yet? Just based on a forecast that could be completely wrong? Am I taking crazy pills? Have the kids by myself all week already with my wife traveling for work, and now apparently I have them all day here too and can't go to work. Lovely.

And sure enough, the amount of snowfall we are getting is less than half than what the "experts" were predicting last night, and the roads are completely fine. Complete and total joke.

Why don't I just retire? Funny when you get to my age you can be balancing on the retirement scales and undecided. At least the months are moving along and I will probably depart in the fall. There is my rant for the day!
It's not as bad as you might think;)

Freezing this morning, hope I am not coming down with the crud. :sick:

Gah! This stupid network at work. It's trash! There isn't bandwidth to do anything! Firewalls block everything. Internet content filters block what the firewalls don't! I can't even copy a file across the network without it taking several minutes. From a server ACROSS THE STREET to my desktop. Less than 1 megabyte in size. Can take over 10 minutes!

I hate this network.:mad:

Having issues signing into Oakley Special Issue dot com. Stupid work network blocking something.

Gah! This stupid network at work. It's trash! There isn't bandwidth to do anything! Firewalls block everything. Internet content filters block what the firewalls don't! I can't even copy a file across the network without it taking several minutes. From a server ACROSS THE STREET to my desktop. Less than 1 megabyte in size. Can take over 10 minutes!

I hate this network.:mad:
Yeah, that is BAD for sure. I bet that defines production. Packet is probably going all over the world once it gets past all the firewalls.

Yeah, that is BAD for sure. I bet that defines production. Packet is probably going all over the world once it gets past all the firewalls.
I doubt it. I'm convinced something is misconfigured. Even though the network guys have checked numerous times "everything's fine."

If everything's fine, then why is the network faster in YOUR building than mine? And we're just across the street.

It's been this way for years. All of us have just accepted it as the way it is.

Apparently a customer didn't like my tone of voice when I answered the question, when you ask 2 other employees the same question and then ask me expecting a different answer don't expect me to be cordial with you.

My Bad.

Back