Official Rant of the Day

Yeah, I don't want to be negative, but the UK government issued a list of businesses that are allowed to be open, and golf courses are not on that list, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar thing happen for you guys

And we have seen reports from the local police (and surrounding areas) that they will be actively monitoring traffic movements to ensure only essential travel is taking place
Like I mentioned in my previous post, a former colleague has been stopped by the police whilst she was on her way to work at the hospital

To be honest, I feel the lockdown we are currently in was the result of people not listening to the guidance of social distancing - we have still seen pictures of the London underground being very busy, even since the lockdown order the other day

I do think isolation is now the best way to try and combat this virus, as I believe that there are a lot more people that have got it and not shown symptoms, so to isolate as many people as possible is going to reduce the strain on our NHS, and hopefully it will allow them to deal with existing cases without having a massive surge of new ones that would likely occur if no isolation was done

We may well see a spike in cases after the isolation period is lifted but having some extra time to work on a potential vaccination can only help, along with some new facilities that are being created - a conference centre is in the process of being converted into a 4,000 bed facility in case it is needed
The government asked for 250,000 volunteers to help in various capacities, and by the end of yesterday there were over 400,000 people who had come forward, so hopefully we can get on top of this over the next 3 weeks or so
Our only saving grace might be that our president owns a lot of golf courses.. :LOL:

I hate it when I have an idea for a topic but by the time I get to the computer, iPad or phone, I’ve forgotten it.

And typically, the weather has been nice enough this last week to be able to get out and play golf if we had been under normal circumstances.....

Don't know what it is like down your way, but up here I was talking to someone I used to work with at the hospital and she said the police are actively stopping traffic around here to check where they are going

I think that we will see the US be shut down even further than it already is, and golf will become a victim of the situation - I can see both sides of the argument, but personally I don't think that golf should be allowed at the moment as travel to and from the course is non-essential travel (I can see it is different if you live on a course) and you aren't allowed to drive somewhere for your exercise / walk the dog / etc, you can only exercise from your home

It is exactly the same down here. Police checks are happening, but it seems much more difficult to police this in a city with just over 1 million inhabitants.

It’s also hard to tell if people are just out for some daily exercise, or if they are ignoring the measures.

I agree that I can see the US bringing in some similar measures, especially once the health services become inundated, which is only unfortunately a matter of time in every developed country in the world at some point.

A 38 year old has been intubated at the Doc’s hospital, along with a handful more yesterday.

38. Thats real.

This morning I read that a “pastor” who was calling this pandemic a hoax has passed away from it, and his wife is fighting for her life.

These supposed authority figures need to be careful what messages they are putting out to their followers. People are afraid and looking for guidance. If you don’t know what you’re talking about, either stfu or tell people to follow the advice of the experts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why are so many golfers brain dead, and completely devoid of how their actions affect others?
I'm at the range today. You are now assigned a space by a golf pro to provide social distancing.
So when I practice at the range, I need a target. The 120 yd green's is at about 10 o'clock left or 2 o'clock right. So the guy on my right decides to move up about 5 yards ahead of everyone and practice tee shots. So........the guy on the left of me, sees that and does the same. Usually no problem, especially because either or both of them can move up to 50 yds to the right and be all alone. My problem? Sometimes I get so quick I shank about 45 degrees dead right. I have another quirk, where I can pull dead left. So I'm thinking, I could easily hit either one of them with a mishit.
I calmly ask the guy to the right, an older gentleman, if he could please move a few yards to the right, he's making me nervous, I don't want to hit him. He turns around and flips me his middle finger!
I just went for a short walk, when I returned they were both gone.

what the heck has happened to American golfers, and golf etiquette, and just common courtesy?
Later, the golf pro, who I don't know, came over to me, and from 6 feet away said "That took a lot of self control and patience on your part". I said thanks, I'm a physician who has raised 3 kids alone and I'm used to it.

Public Service Announcement:

Don’t peel your hand with Pressure Washer.

Covid can p*** right off
It's only going to get worse for a while, brother. Hopefully the majority can weather the storm.

A 38 year old has been intubated at the Doc’s hospital, along with a handful more yesterday.

38. Thats real.
This is what makes me nervous about things. Statistics mean nothing to the individual.

Why are so many golfers brain dead, and completely devoid of how their actions affect others?
I'm at the range today. You are now assigned a space by a golf pro to provide social distancing.
So when I practice at the range, I need a target. The 120 yd green's is at about 10 o'clock left or 2 o'clock right. So the guy on my right decides to move up about 5 yards ahead of everyone and practice tee shots. So........the guy on the left of me, sees that and does the same. Usually no problem, especially because either or both of them can move up to 50 yds to the right and be all alone. My problem? Sometimes I get so quick I shank about 45 degrees dead right. I have another quirk, where I can pull dead left. So I'm thinking, I could easily hit either one of them with a mishit.
I calmly ask the guy to the right, an older gentleman, if he could please move a few yards to the right, he's making me nervous, I don't want to hit him. He turns around and flips me his middle finger!

what the heck has happened to American golfers, and golf etiquette, and just common courtesy?
Later, the golf pro, who I don't know, came over to me, and from 6 feet away said "That took a lot of self control and patience on your part". I said thanks, I'm a physician who has raised 3 kids alone and I'm used to it.
Time to practice your flop shots over their heads. If you blade one, oh well! :greenalien:

This is just sad. You were genuinely concerned for his health and he flips you the bird. Common decency is on the decline..

Time to practice your flop shots over their heads. If you blade one, oh well! :greenalien:
I was thinking more along the lines of stinger practice. "Oops did I put a dent in that d!ckhead of yours"?

I was thinking more along the lines of stinger practice. "Oops did I put a dent in that d!ckhead of yours"?
You read my mind........that’s scary!,?

My only rant is the massive tree we tried to take down that kept getting caught up in other trees and made a very long day for me. In the end I prevailed (because I'm stubborn and won't give up) but darn did it make me work for it.

I had to quit after nine holes because of knee pain today. This is not how I wanted my season to start.

I had to quit after nine holes because of knee pain today. This is not how I wanted my season to start.
Hope that gets better soon.

Reactions: KEV
Took the kids on a ride around the property and when I got back the trailer was covered in pollen. My sinuses are clogged and my eyes are itchy20200329_183934.jpg

Cleaned the kitchen this morning. Scrubbed and disinfected everything. Went back this evening to get my daughter some milk, and knocked over a bowl of pineapple onto my clean floor! 😡👎

Cleaned the kitchen this morning. Scrubbed and disinfected everything. Went back this evening to get my daughter some milk, and knocked over a bowl of pineapple onto my clean floor! 😡👎
Dont worry, my kids only spill their drinks after my wife has mopped. Law of averages, or something...

Learn about Kinesio-tape.......and self-taping techniques.

Did something to my right elbow golfing in North Carolina a few weeks back, hard swing to get out of a bunker, it only really hurt on the one swing so I really didn't think much of it. I spent a bunch of time on the sim yesterday working on my swing (somewhere around 200 swings) and towards the end my elbow was hurting quite a bit. Kind of a burning sensation on the inside of the joint with some pain. Still kinda hurts today when I straighten my arm. I'm really hoping it's not a lingering thing that I'm going to have to deal with all year...

Missing a pair and a half of my THP motionwool socks. I'm sure one sock is just stuck in like a shirt or pair of pants and it'll just turn up in the next day or two. Where the heck is that other pair though!?!???

I can't stop thinking about this 4 iron shot on my simulator.. Hit by a relative who might be on this forum. I know he's going to put it past my driver on the course and I don't even want to think about the trash talking I'll have to endure..

Back