Official Rant of the Day

Hallmark Channel has started a Friday series called "Countdown to Christmas". In May.

:surrender:

OK, I understand a standard weather notification every night and every morning, but 17 per day? No, you're going off.

Screenshot_20200522-210908.png

Hey, Sam's Club. Is it really "free shipping for Plus members" if the price goes up $1 when you choose to have it shipped?

the airflow in my home office is terrible. I am not sure if its my laptop overcooking or what but AC is on and every other room is feeling fresh and breezy and office is somewhat sweltering.

the airflow in my home office is terrible. I am not sure if its my laptop overcooking or what but AC is on and every other room is feeling fresh and breezy and office is somewhat sweltering.
Sounds like maybe you’re just crossing t’s, dotting i’s, and meeting deadlines, and the office can’t keep up with your feverish pace?

2 weeks ago it was a high of 30 degrees and snow flurries. For the last 3 days the high was 86 deg/ 92 deg / 88 deg. Yay. :rolleyes:

Are they close to a house /structure? If they aren't and there is room for them to fall I usually fell them myself but I've been doing it most my life

I would rather pay more for UPS shipping than Fed Ex, any day of the week. That’s all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 weeks ago it was a high of 30 degrees and snow flurries. For the last 3 days the high was 86 deg/ 92 deg / 88 deg. Yay. :rolleyes:
I feel ya, May 13th, 14 inches of snow, end of last week and all of this week in the mid eighties, WTF? 🤬

Sounds like maybe you’re just crossing t’s, dotting i’s, and meeting deadlines, and the office can’t keep up with your feverish pace?
Need more golf and less administration

Tractor trailer trucks on the highway. Why is it when one manages to achieve 1/2 MPH more than the one ahead they feel it necessary to move out into the passing lane instead of just breathing the throttle slightly? The instant they move out from behind and hit that wall of air resistance that 1/2 MPH advantage suddenly becomes a 3/4 MPH deficit however they continue to run the left lane "just in case" when really all they are is a rolling roadblock.

I've never understood this behaviour

I'm going to consolidate today into a 3 part rant if that's okay with everyone.

1. people who drive in the left lane of the highway (this is the passing lane people) until they reach their exit at which point they make a two-lane move

2. since the pandemic started, we've been 4 day work weeks. Today was, technically, my day off. I had booked a round of golf for the morning and mid-week had a coworker ask if I could do a small commissioning job at a site in Oakville. Since I haven't exactly been busy during the WFH I agreed to do it. I'm on the course this morning and a buddy calls and wants to golf in the afternoon. At first I'm reluctant, but he talks me into it. Doing the mental math, I need everything to go perfectly if I'm going to make the 3:30 tee time. During the morning round I had so many phone calls that I gave up trying to play after 14 holes. Traffic to Oakville is bumper to bumper. I get to site, and everything goes relatively well - I had about an hour allotted and wrapped up in about an hour and ten. Packing up my truck the site super want to talk golf. I politely engage, with the seconds ticking by in the back of my mind. I finally get on the road with my GPS telling me I will arrive at 3:32. Spend most of the time driving fielding more phone calls. Get to the course, play decent for three or four holes and then completely tank. i go through the 7 balls in my bag in about 3 holes. Find a top flite in the weeds and proceed to use it for the rest of the round. Oh yeah, it started to drizzle on the 9th tee. We were walking, and I don't carry an umbrella. Sitting here typing this, my body hurts. I may take tomorrow off.

3. a rant for a friend: he goes online, finds a yellow golf shirt he likes and orders it. When it arrives, he opens the package to find an orange golf shirt. Sends a message to the seller, they refund his money, tell him to keep the shirt and arrange to send him another. When the second package arrives, it also is an orange golf shirt. He contacts them again, and is told that is what the call yellow in China.
Well, at least there are two orange shirts in play.

just joined a club for the first time in my life. my membership comes with access to two courses in close proximity to each other. the tee sheets are jammed pack. except for the afternoons when we have daily thunderstorms. 🤬

just joined a club for the first time in my life. my membership comes with access to two courses in close proximity to each other. the tee sheets are jammed pack. except for the afternoons when we have daily thunderstorms. 🤬
Have I played there?

i don’t think so. but you’re welcomed to join me anytime! ...assuming i can get a freaking tee time haha
You said two courses, so I figured Championsgate or OCN.

Tractor trailer trucks on the highway. Why is it when one manages to achieve 1/2 MPH more than the one ahead they feel it necessary to move out into the passing lane instead of just breathing the throttle slightly? The instant they move out from behind and hit that wall of air resistance that 1/2 MPH advantage suddenly becomes a 3/4 MPH deficit however they continue to run the left lane "just in case" when really all they are is a rolling roadblock.

I've never understood this behaviour

Their trucks are governed to a top speed and it could be as low as 65 mph. Once they achieve that speed thats all they can go. When they are loaded, they will lose speed on a hill and sometimes gain speed going down a hill to a certain MPH over governed speed.

Raining again today.

Annnnnnd rained out. 😭

Just had an email notification to say that the British Masters being held at Close House is going ahead but behind closed doors, so the tickets we had for the weekend are going to be cancelled and refunded

Was looking forward to attending there again after watching it a couple years ago when it was there before

Hallmark Channel has started a Friday series called "Countdown to Christmas". In May.

:surrender:

This has the potential for making my life very miserable. Watching these in December is punishment enough for me. My wife and her mother both love the Hallmark Channel, especially the Christmas movies. My MIL will call nightly to see if my wife is watching.

This morning they started redoing my roof. Which involves replacing my AC. I so happy this is finally going to happen. It will improve the livability in my house so much. (Lots of new insulation being added)

the rant: last weekend it was perfect low 90s. Today when they removed my AC....excessive heat warning.

0874E357-C515-462E-BDD8-7C57F441A89A.jpeg
at least I’m not the one on the roof.

Back