Official Rant of the Day

People can just f**k right on off. If you don't listen to my advice, don't get mad at me when you don't get what you want.

i love when people come into my office without the proper paperwork to do their deal and somehow it becomes my fault. and now i'm the bad guy for following the law....:rolleyes:

Had a MRI on my neck and they uploaded the results findings on the online portal. Why dont they word those things so that I can understand?!? HA! Cause if I start googling, you know google will say, you are going to die.

As if Covid and 100 days of protests in Portland aren't enough, now we get an onslaught of fires that have turned the skies grey/brown/black with smoke and make it pretty darn hard to be outside at all. I guess this is more of a grumble than an actual rant but dang it would be nice to see some normalcy...

Doctor told me to drink lots of water. I don’t know how much more I can drink?😭

I try to get a gallon daily, tapering off after about 8 pm. That includes my morning dose of 1 oz lemon juice concentrate and 8 oz lemonade or limeade, filling the rest of the 24 oz shaker bottle with water. My doc thinks those two are the most important to prevent recurrence. Have you found out what kind of stones you have yet?

I try to get a gallon daily, tapering off after about 8 pm. That includes my morning dose of 1 oz lemon juice concentrate and 8 oz lemonade or limeade, filling the rest of the 24 oz shaker bottle with water. My doc thinks those two are the most important to prevent recurrence. Have you found out what kind of stones you have yet?
No sir! T gave me a week to pass it, then they will have to remove it!😳

Here's hoping - 5mm is near the top of what they think can be passed on its own (with Flomax.)

I'm driving back to work on a main street, 3 lanes on each side. Ambulance with lights flashing is coming towards me, so I follow the law and pull over to the right, even though there are five available lanes to use. Look up in my mirror and see this little white car coming up the middle lane just truckin' along like nothing's going on. Ambulance passes, I get out behind said white car and pull up next to it at the next stoplight. I rolled my window down and nicely asked the elderly woman driving if she had noticed the ambulance. "No I didn't" was her answer. I guess that's why she never pulled over. I felt bad for her because she appeared to be of the age group where safe passage for ambulances may become an important factor for her.:banghead:

Talked to Callaway CS about the fracture in my GBB Epic driver crown. Their response was...."Send us the driver and $380 and we'll send you a new Mavrik". :poop:

My best employee quit. Frustrating. I can't even begin to try and keep him because he doubled his salary which is more than not only I make but more than what my boss makes. I get why he would take the money. But it's short sighted for him too because he's moving to a dying industry from a high tech super growth sector.

Talked to Callaway CS about the fracture in my GBB Epic driver crown. Their response was...."Send us the driver and $380 and we'll send you a new Mavrik". :poop:

That's annoying

California "Public Safety" power outages compliments of PG&E (with a major assist from the idiots that run this state). Winds were howling at the house yesterday and today at a whopping 1 to 3 mph, so they shut the power off around 1:00 AM yesterday, and will likely be out until tonight or tomorrow morning .....................
Well it's that time of year again, edits to last year's rant above in red. :banghead:

index.php

Had a MRI on my neck and they uploaded the results findings on the online portal. Why dont they word those things so that I can understand?!? HA! Cause if I start googling, you know google will say, you are going to die.

Ehh, you’ll be fine. A bandaid and two Aleve.

(Btw-what’s it say so I can tell you your odds? Lol).

At any rate good luck!

Damn man, sorry to hear your still struggling. I drink at least a gallon of water everyday. Usually more. My doc said the best way to prevent them is to keep fluids moving through.

Depending on the type, there are other things that can be done. Let’s hope you have the one type.

A week? At least that means they’re passable in size. Otherwise they’d have broke them up. Once you feel the pain moving, they’re moving if you haven’t already. At that point for me it’s always “go time”. That means I drink water to the point my eyeballs are swimming. Let the pressure build and try to blast them out with authority.

I don’t know if that’s sound medical advice (which it’s not medical advice, just sharing a miserable experience) but it’s worked several times for me.

For those that haven’t had them, this is a hurting dude right now. For those that have, enough said.

Godspeed good sir!

Never had those stones, but had the gallbladder out many years ago. Stones in the body are awful. Best of luck ,sir. (y)

Got rained out of my golf round.. Then went fishing and had to dive in because my rod went in and I almost lost it. I'm clearly vacationing wrong..

Damn man, sorry to hear your still struggling. I drink at least a gallon of water everyday. Usually more. My doc said the best way to prevent them is to keep fluids moving through.

Depending on the type, there are other things that can be done. Let’s hope you have the one type.

A week? At least that means they’re passable in size. Otherwise they’d have broke them up. Once you feel the pain moving, they’re moving if you haven’t already. At that point for me it’s always “go time”. That means I drink water to the point my eyeballs are swimming. Let the pressure build and try to blast them out with authority.

I don’t know if that’s sound medical advice (which it’s not medical advice, just sharing a miserable experience) but it’s worked several times for me.

For those that haven’t had them, this is a hurting dude right now. For those that have, enough said.

Godspeed good sir!

My primary care doc prescribed exactly that - chugging a liter of water - minimum - with a Flomax.

My first stone was 6 mm. It struck in the middle of the night and I remember frantically Googling on my BlackBerry trying to figure out exactly what was going on. I was sleeping downstairs with our terminally ill Lab that night, and I had to use my phone to call my wife upstairs. The pain was so bad I couldn't breathe. I passed it, but I never captured it.

I know mothers who have had stones and most of them said they preferred labor.

One of my favorite Pirates was Andy Van Slyke. He was good, and he was crazy. After I had my first stone, I got a whole lot more respect for Andy Van Slyke, who once passed a stone, during a game, while playing center field.

Not all stones are painful to pass. I passed a stone on the back nine once. Mildly uncomfortable, and I still shot a 48.

Yeah I’ve passed enough of them to know that once in a while you’ll get lucky and pass one with little pain. Then there are times you’d swear you’re about to give pee-hole birth to a velociraptor that’s fighting to get out.

20200910_114315.jpg
What in the ever loving **** would be a good reason to do this to a green?

View attachment 8962744
What in the ever loving **** would be a good reason to do this to a green?
Sliced. Loosens the soil up and is an alternative to punching greens in the Fall. It will heal faster than punched greens and they don't need to sand it. In a week you will never know its there.

Sliced. Loosens the soil up and is an alternative to punching greens in the Fall. It will heal faster than punched greens and they don't need to sand it. In a week you will never know its there.
They're supposed to go over it with a roller so the straps aren't scalloped correct? Because they forgot that part.

They're supposed to go over it with a roller so the straps aren't scalloped correct? Because they forgot that part.
Generally yes they should.

Back