Official Rant of the Day

Young woman came in my office complaining because the police towed her car because she was parked in a handicap spot. I think her exact words were: "this is ********, for parking in a handicap spot i get towed". Found out she was also suspended for no insurance...lol

I have no respect for people who park in handicap spots who are not handicapped. Lazy P.O.S. walk the extra 20 feet

Talked to Callaway CS about the fracture in my GBB Epic driver crown. Their response was...."Send us the driver and $380 and we'll send you a new Mavrik". :poop:

that's pretty surprising. did they say why they wouldn't cover it?

Our biggest competitor has been having major problems with production and people have been beating down our door the last few weeks. While I would love the business, I don’t have raw materials/labor to go from making 4 pallets per month to 80. So now people are upset with me when their preferred manufacturer is the real problem.

I have been trying to get some of this business for 5+ years and now that they want it, I can’t make enough. Even if I am able to get raw materials and labor to make it, they will jump right back to the other mfg as soon as they can. The good news is that I was able to help some people out by increasing production from 4 pallets to 40, but I simply cannot make anymore.

I had one longtime customer tell me today that he was going to have his dad call my company president. Ok, I have been here 25 years and if you think me and the Pres. have not already discussed this, you are crazy.

Our biggest competitor has been having major problems with production and people have been beating down our door the last few weeks. While I would love the business, I don’t have raw materials/labor to go from making 4 pallets per month to 80. So now people are upset with me when their preferred manufacturer is the real problem.

I have been trying to get some of this business for 5+ years and now that they want it, I can’t make enough. Even if I am able to get raw materials and labor to make it, they will jump right back to the other mfg as soon as they can. The good news is that I was able to help some people out by increasing production from 4 pallets to 40, but I simply cannot make anymore.

I had one longtime customer tell me today that he was going to have his dad call my company president. Ok, I have been here 25 years and if you think me and the Pres. have not already discussed this, you are crazy.

I have had suppliers in your situation require a contract before committing to supply. "Look, we both know you're going back to Acme when they solve their problems, but just give me 20% of your business in a contract and you'll have some security of supply."

I have had suppliers in your situation require a contract before committing to supply. "Look, we both know you're going back to Acme when they solve their problems, but just give me 20% of your business in a contract and you'll have some security of supply."
I would do that, but I simply cannot get enough raw material and labor in such a short time-frame to be able to take it on. I was able to get 10X i normally make out to current customers that buy other products from me, but now I have people that never bought anything asking for it. I would absolutely love to rope them into a contract, but I just can't get the materials. I could get it in place in a few weeks, but then the other mfg. will be up and running.

I would do that, but I simply cannot get enough raw material and labor in such a short time-frame to be able to take it on. I was able to get 10X i normally make out to current customers that buy other products from me, but now I have people that never bought anything asking for it. I would absolutely love to rope them into a contract, but I just can't get the materials. I could get it in place in a few weeks, but then the other mfg. will be up and running.

Makes sense. In my career, I've worked in every function except Legal and Finance, and the only areas in which everyone else thinks they know more about the function than the functions themselves are Supply Chain and Procurement.

That does not look especially putt-able. :eek:
It was not. I'm not sure how long ago they had sliced them, but a lot of them the edges of the strip had curled up. It was like putting across a washboard. Given the choice, I think I"d take punched and sanded greens any time over this.

I still hate New York's Travel Restrictions. I just ended a 14 day quarantine earlier this week because I brought my daughter back to college. The 14 day quarantine for people traveling into NY from nearly every state makes no sense to me. It also was a huge factor in causing me to decide to withdraw from the upcoming Morgan Cup. Further, my daughter is in college in Florida. I can't go see her, nor can she can home because of quarantine issues. And when she does come home at the end of the semester, she will likely have to quarantine for 14 days.

By the way professional athletes are excluded from the quarantine requirement. Interesting because the US Open starts next week The participants are not subject to a 14 day quarantine.

I still hate New York's Travel Restrictions. I just ended a 14 day quarantine earlier this week because I brought my daughter back to college. The 14 day quarantine for people traveling into NY from nearly every state makes no sense to me. It also was a huge factor in causing me to decide to withdraw from the upcoming Morgan Cup. Further, my daughter is in college in Florida. I can't go see her, nor can she can home because of quarantine issues. And when she does come home at the end of the semester, she will likely have to quarantine for 14 days.

By the way professional athletes are excluded from the quarantine requirement. Interesting because the US Open starts next week The participants are not subject to a 14 day quarantine.

So when are you turning pro?:unsure::unsure::unsure:

So when are you turning pro?:unsure::unsure::unsure:

Golf isn't as bad as another sport that has had significant Covid issues. Yet, players are allowed to come and play in the Bronx, Flushing and Buffalo (Buffalo Blue Jays). No 14 day quarantine for MLB players.

For sale: set of Titleist T200 LH irons and Vokey wedges with graphite shafts. Used for approximately 20 rounds. $x,xxx obo.

Ugh I hit the ball like crap today. Best shot I hit was my drive on the first tee. 89 more and each one felt like a dagger to my heart.

I hate taxes.... working instead of going golfing!

Air quality is so bad thanks to all the fires that my eyes are burning and watering and I haven’t even left my living room.

Hey, National Hurricane Center. Next time, hold off on issuing the Hurricane Warnings until the 7 am update. Having what could be the last peaceful night of sleep for a few days interrupted by a non-emergent warning at 4 am is ridiculous, when it would do no harm to hold off on it for a few more hours.

I think her exact words were: "this is ********, for parking in a handicap spot i get towed".

I can't wrap my head around people who get angry about being penalized for obviously not following the rules. Especially when it may be inconveniencing someone else.

In my area, the tag for parking in a handicap space is just shy of $400 (plus a probable tow).

Just managed to smash an iphone screen. Opened a cupboad and a mug fell out and landed on the phone smashing its screen

Home insurance claim here I come

Our short game practice area is set up where we have 4 pins we can hit to from up to 60 yards. One area can be used for up to140 yards. The pins are in a line, about 30 yards a part.

So, this morning 4 of us are hitting 50 yard shots to our practice pins.

All of a some guy shows up in front of us, hitting balls from pin to pin. He's moving side ways in front of us. He'd hit to each of the 4 pins, turn around and repeat what he had just done, going back where he started. He was totally oblivious to the 4 of us, who had to stop until he was out of our individual ways. Luckily he didn't pick up any of our balls

Weekends can bring out the worst..........lol

I broke my ******* camera lens, rather, kids hitting my video table setup did by knocking my overhead rig over. No focus at all, something’s seriously effed and it’s the only Sony lens I have 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Tweaked my left wrist earlier in the week & can not for any amount of love nor money square the club face without a shooting pain from my finger tips to my elbow. High fades all day & I don’t really care for it.

I broke my ******* camera lens, rather, kids hitting my video table setup did by knocking my overhead rig over. No focus at all, something’s seriously effed and it’s the only Sony lens I have 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
SIL confirmed. Lens is effed.

Based on all I see as well, I’m better off buying a new one rather than trying to get this repaired.

f**k me.

I was wondering when I woke up at 5 est. if you had not gone to sleep yet or had gotten up way to early.:confused:
Seems to happen to me every couple of weeks. It’s rather annoying.

This restaurant was opened by family friends going back to my in-laws best friend in grade school. It’s a local institution that’s been in business for 72 years, ever since the grandfather of our friends bought a B52 Bomber after WW2 and flew it to Oregon then used it as an attraction for their restaurant. Think about that, how many restaurants make it for 7 decades? Until now - it is closing. F U Covid.

AD360EC1-F1EF-4F4F-8C5E-A87B3391EE3C.png

Oof. That's terrible. And it sucks. The announcement says "for the foreseeable future" so there's a chance it could open again. Hope it does, that looks like a cool place to eat. So they've got a real B17 on site?

That feeling of uncertainty. Talk about stress & anxiety.

I need a beer...

Back