Official Rant of the Day

After what was one of the greatest driver outings I have had... Fairways escaped me and had huuugggee hook.... It was soooo frustrating. I was grooving with coming into the fall. Hope this isn't a major setback for the rest of fall!

After what was one of the greatest driver outings I have had... Fairways escaped me and had huuugggee hook.... It was soooo frustrating. I was grooving with coming into the fall. Hope this isn't a major setback for the rest of fall!
Just a bad day, be better the next time out. Probably hit every fairway next time.

Just a bad day, be better the next time out. Probably hit every fairway next time.
Only nice part was scramble and I was dead on approaches and 240+ on some 3 woods to par 5s... Wedges all inside 10 feet.

Usps and package deliveries have been ridiculous lately. I get that they are estimated deliveries but when not a single package seems to ever be delivered on their estimate it makes being home on the right day hard to predict.

Heck we even got the notice from usps today that a package would be arriving today just to then check tracking that package is delayed.

I mean this has happened in the past as well but these past 2 months it's gotten ridiculous.

My wife came home yesterday and said her radiator fluid light was on and asked me to check. I walked into the garage and it had the unmistakable smell of antifreeze. popped the hood thinking that it would be a busted hose. Nope, it was the radiator, the top port it had busted. It looked like it had started a little while ago and finally just broke. Now I have to wait for parts. I hate working on smaller cars.

Exercise/therapy/strength training always before more "invasive" methods. Oh, and you don't need spandex to do pilates. Just get a loose pair of Under Armour shorts.
Don't listen to him @KEV. You need spandex, and we need pics. (y):LOL:

People who care about you or the things around you only when it’s convenient. That one is stuck in my craw lately.

Does this qualify as “excellent condition”?

6CAA6DEF-4CCB-468C-86C9-B62DCDB8FC42.pngC619FF61-F29E-4ECD-B377-E67E42CE3519.pngC5539F47-2617-48D5-99CC-E382E0D1FB71.png

I mean what a turd....

I guess today’s excellent condition means it’s still hittable, doesn’t look worth a damn but it’s still hittable..

I don't "rant" about much, but what I saw this morning needs mentioning. Hopefully reading this post will prevent it from happening else where.

Our course is in the process of building 8 pitching/chipping practice greens in the short game practice area. Each of these greens are 10' - 15' feet in diameter. They are outlined in bright orange spray paint. You can't miss them.

They are letting the grass on these green areas grow I assume to let the grass mature enough to cut them down to green lengths, and only mowing around them. The mowed areas around them are fairway length, or less.

Some idiot(s) decided they wanted to hit off the taller grass on these practice greens. Inside the bright orange paint. Every green had iron divots taken out of them. I counted one with 22 deep divots taken in various areas of one practice green. I'm going to assume the culprit(s) prefer second cut lies to fairway lies.

These greens in progress are ruined for now. The maintenance crew guy said he thought they will be mowing them down and start the process over. That they thought the bright orange paint was enough to keep people off them.

Course ranger told us to pick up the pace today; we were a foursome walking. We played the first 9 in 1:45. No issue with our pace.

Ranger came back and warned us again...we had words. We finished the round in 3:40.

Found the ranger, had more words about out 3:40 round time. Turns out the member group behind us (pushing us the whole time) complained. Idk what there is was to complain about. Fun fact: the member group doesn't putt. They just hit until they get on the green and pick up.

Not going back.

Course ranger told us to pick up the pace today; we were a foursome walking. We played the first 9 in 1:45. No issue with our pace.

Ranger came back and warned us again...we had words. We finished the round in 3:40.

Found the ranger, had more words about out 3:40 round time. Turns out the member group behind us (pushing us the whole time) complained. Idk what there is was to complain about. Fun fact: the member group doesn't putt. They just hit until they get on the green and pick up.

Not going back.
Dude, I've been hassled by more than one old crank of a ranger in my lifetime when they're having a bad day/life and just taking it out on you.
Rangers will tell you anything if their ass is in a bind to blame it on some group elsewhere. I went in and got the course manager at the turn one time he was harassing our group so badly with NO where to go. More than one occasion like that, unfortunately, or even out on an empty course. Yep.
I was paired with a couple gals once and the ranger was a total dick to them just because they were women. No one on the course at the time. Told him to step off, and if he didn't like it, have the pro come talk to me about his crap actions. He left.

Never let anyone keep your from where you want to be in life.

I have had rangers tell me to tee off INTO a group while on the first tee. "They'll get the message and move it along."
"Absolutely not" I said. Back into the pro shop to speak with pro about said ranger. Its crap, and its NOT your fault.
And they should NOT get free golf for it. :ROFLMAO:

People who care about you or the things around you only when it’s convenient. That one is stuck in my craw lately.
Those. people. suck.

So, went out for a quick errand while mom was feeling OK yesterday. Coming home, on the state highway, 55 MPH zone, I'm doing about 62. I don't push the envelope too much. I look back, and, WOW, who's this coming up behind me in a black GMC Acadia doing about 95MPH.
I recognize the bumper stickers on the back, imploring peace, inclusion, and equal treatment for all.

It's a neighbor from two blocks down. Totally them. I think they're getting ready to move. The heaps of trash that have been in the yard the last 5 years are finally gone. Don't let the door hit ya.... :cautious:

Dude, I've been hassled by more than one old crank of a ranger in my lifetime when they're having a bad day/life and just taking it out on you.
Rangers will tell you anything if their ass is in a bind to blame it on some group elsewhere. I went in and got the course manager at the turn one time he was harassing our group so badly with NO where to go. More than one occasion like that, unfortunately, or even out on an empty course. Yep.
I was paired with a couple gals once and the ranger was a total dick to them just because they were women. No one on the course at the time. Told him to step off, and if he didn't like it, have the pro come talk to me about his crap actions. He left.

Never let anyone keep your from where you want to be in life.

I have had rangers tell me to tee off INTO a group while on the first tee. "They'll get the message and move it along."
"Absolutely not" I said. Back into the pro shop to speak with pro about said ranger. Its crap, and its NOT your fault.
And they should NOT get free golf for it. :ROFLMAO:

I hate bad starters, rangers, and marshals. The job isn't that hard and with so many courses having gps carts even simpler to identify backups.

Starters it's even simpler with having a tee sheet and then seeing if the group ahead has hit their approach shots.

some very good friends are going through extremely trying times. hug your kids. hug your significant other. because life can take a turn and things may never be the same. really puts my own stupid issues into perspective.

I hate bad starters, rangers, and marshals. The job isn't that hard and with so many courses having gps carts even simpler to identify backups.

Starters it's even simpler with having a tee sheet and then seeing if the group ahead has hit their approach shots.
I think the worst part is that so often, these bad experiences happened at municipal golf courses, where you would think inclusion and a little patience would be more the norm.

Felt like crap throughout the night. Finally ralphed but unfortunately it was so loud it woke up the baby. My wife loves me....I hope

First day back from Vacation. I’ll be working a minimum of 38 hours in the next three days.

Ugh.

Apparently golf balls and putting mats moonlight as chew toys for puppies.

Back