Official Rant of the Day

More of a rant on my dads behalf. A few guys are heading out to our ranch this weekend to golf during the day in town and hog hunt at night. My dad ordered a Thermal scope to put on the AR with a Suppressor. He got the scope in last week and it won't stay charged. It seems that the internal battery is bad. Now we won't have it for the weekend. He's pretty mad as he spent $4k on it and it doesn't work.

At least we have one of my favorite courses to play Saturday and steaks to put on the grill!

Why is it so freaking hard to keep your shoes on on an airplane.

6BD728A7-942F-4408-B942-C786594B67EA.jpeg

Why is it so freaking hard to keep your shoes on on an airplane.

View attachment 8967756
Update to the non shoe wearer. She decided to take her mask off to yawn (makes perfect sense) and in the process dumped an entire Bloody Mary she was drinking on the person across the aisle with one big leg kick. No shoes required of course

Update to the non shoe wearer. She decided to take her mask off to yawn (makes perfect sense) and in the process dumped an entire Bloody Mary she was drinking on the person across the aisle with one big leg kick. No shoes required of course
At least that Bloody Mary kick wasn’t in your direction!

At least that Bloody Mary kick wasn’t in your direction!
Nothing says awesome like 4 middle aged women getting hammered on a flight going to Vegas during a pandemic

Nothing says awesome like 4 middle aged women getting hammered on a flight going to Vegas during a pandemic
I guess some things never change? 🤷‍♂️

Feel unsafe in public? Don't go out. Masks are the last thing I worry about these days.
I used to want to feel control in situations around me in society. That ship passed long ago and its all reaction and survival now.

If you are doing anything for pleasure, and have these complaints.... that is a rant for the day. You're lucky.

you are the larry david of air travel. the most ridiculous and hilarious (from the outside looking in) things happen to you.

you are the larry david of air travel. the most ridiculous and hilarious (from the outside looking in) things happen to you.

It’s probably more about time spent in air, as this is pretty much the first craziness in 11 or so flights, but it is nuts. These ladies are hammered. Masks off with the excuse of constantly drinking and all over the place

AD8952FA-AC0D-42DA-9586-3BE96A56267D.jpeg

I didn’t want to go here for several reasons, mostly my mental health, but I can’t take it. The frustration and flat out disappointment is a bit overwhelming at the same time.
A week ago, I had an elective rotator cuff repair which turned out to include a biceps tear as well.... been having issues with managing my pain and impossible to get back into see the surgeon due to COVID related schedule. Finally speak to office staff and there resolution was to prescribe more narcotics....
Ignoring the fact that I’ve been clear that opioid based meds were impacting my ability to breathe....
They claim it’s partially due to the sling I’m wearing and that changing to a different drug is a reasonable response.
Needless to say I’m not buying it and will manage without prescription meds.
Am hoping I can get sutures out Monday and start the long road back....
My regret thus far is the fact that I can’t and won’t be able to swing a golf club for several months!

Rant over... moving on tomorrow will be better than today!

I didn’t want to go here for several reasons, mostly my mental health, but I can’t take it. The frustration and flat out disappointment is a bit overwhelming at the same time.
A week ago, I had an elective rotator cuff repair which turned out to include a biceps tear as well.... been having issues with managing my pain and impossible to get back into see the surgeon due to COVID related schedule. Finally speak to office staff and there resolution was to prescribe more narcotics....
Ignoring the fact that I’ve been clear that opioid based meds were impacting my ability to breathe....
They claim it’s partially due to the sling I’m wearing and that changing to a different drug is a reasonable response.
Needless to say I’m not buying it and will manage without prescription meds.
Am hoping I can get sutures out Monday and start the long road back....
My regret thus far is the fact that I can’t and won’t be able to swing a golf club for several months!

Rant over... moving on tomorrow will be better than today!

Your frustration and disappointment are entirely reasonable.

At some point, you have to have your worst day of the year. Let's hope this is it.

Pretty pissed over here, mostly at some choices of my family. Cousin's boyfriend decided to visit her from his in-person instruction college campus. Got cousin and her mom sick with Covid. The worst part is, before they were feeling symptoms my grandparents were visiting and you guessed it, both my 80+ year old grandparents now have Covid. I'm optimistic as they are both pretty healthy, but truly am scared for them. Sucks as they are just the coolest people you will ever meet, grandpa is a stubborn and hilarious former oil field worker and grandma is an absolute treasure of a woman.

It’s probably more about time spent in air, as this is pretty much the first craziness in 11 or so flights, but it is nuts. These ladies are hammered. Masks off with the excuse of constantly drinking and all over the place

View attachment 8967806

You should take a pair of scissors and make some cuts. LOL

Um, I would like a hair-free drink, please.

More skin cancer surgery coming up, had a spot on my arm checked last week and they called yesterday saying it is melanoma.
That makes 6 places that have or will be cut. It is like an old record but you young folks need to take it seriously now or be cut on later, I know I never did but do now.

More skin cancer surgery coming up, had a spot on my arm checked last week and they called yesterday saying it is melanoma.
That makes 6 places that have or will be cut. It is like an old record but you young folks need to take it seriously now or be cut on later, I know I never did but do now.
Sucks hearing that, hope they get it all.

Message received loud and clear from you and my dad who has had several skin cancer surgeries including 4 this year. I cannot change the past but moving forward with sunscreen and a hat.

Hope they get you cleared up! Always a good idea. I was referred to derm this year for a few spots. Get checked!

I have been lucky they all have been surface spots that they could cut out and they said this one is the same, only on the edges and not going deep. With the Covid I have not seen her in 7 months, but now we are back to getting checked every 3 months and try to catch this crap as early as possible and cut it out ASAP.

The damage is already done and more will keep showing up, just a fact of life and another joy of getting older.

My rant for the day...

My daughter brought me my breakfast plate with eggs, but no bacon! WT actual F?

My uncle has had 3 spots cut out the last few years. He's never had air conditioning in his trucks, o_O and that left arm would hang out the window his whole life. I think his blood pressure meds it was a side effect as well being more sensitive to sunlight.
That's a common warning with many drugs now as well. Be careful. Wear those sunglasses too. :cool:(y)

My uncle has had 3 spots cut out the last few years. He's never had air conditioning in his trucks, o_O and that left arm would hang out the window his whole life. I think his blood pressure meds it was a side effect as well being more sensitive to sunlight.
That's a common warning with many drugs now as well. Be careful. Wear those sunglasses too. :cool:(y)

I've become really habitual about the sunscreen, hat and subglasses. Had my anual checkup at the dermatologist last week, and she said to keep it up, because she had less stuff to freeze this time around.

Back