Official Rant of the Day

I've become really habitual about the sunscreen, hat and subglasses. Had my anual checkup at the dermatologist last week, and she said to keep it up, because she had less stuff to freeze this time around.
I've had 5 golf years off, and I think they came right when my SKIN needed it. The tops of my ears were getting REALLY suspect. Kinda "sticky" to the touch. Really gross. I have had things looked at, but all OK. Brown Recluse Spider bit me on a finger that was in a yard glove for one trip, and 37 bouts of what I think is shingles that they cannot figure out for about 7 yrs now. So they throw in the free cancer check every time.
My skin is a mess. I had a gang of spiders attack the tops of my feet/ankles/legs when cleaning out the family house. My feet are so scarred from all those spider bites, I look like a leper on my feet and legs. I think I may have psoriasis as well from my chemo I was on for 6 years. Immune system attacks the skin.

We also had a swimming pool in the 80's. o_O:LOL: I did use a LOT of mineral-based sunscreen when playing golf. I would have melted out there with my blue eyes. ;)

Pretty pissed over here, mostly at some choices of my family. Cousin's boyfriend decided to visit her from his in-person instruction college campus. Got cousin and her mom sick with Covid. The worst part is, before they were feeling symptoms my grandparents were visiting and you guessed it, both my 80+ year old grandparents now have Covid. I'm optimistic as they are both pretty healthy, but truly am scared for them. Sucks as they are just the coolest people you will ever meet, grandpa is a stubborn and hilarious former oil field worker and grandma is an absolute treasure of a woman.

Grandparents are on the mend and doing well. Grandpa is still feeling pretty run down, but today Grandma is reporting her first day of feeling much improved. They have been recovering at home and monitoring their oxygen levels diligently. Optimistic that the trend continues.

I am so over 2020. Problems just continue to pile up.

Efffff random shoulder pops. Gosh they can be unpleasant!

3 day weekend and it rains the entire time..

some close friends are going through some awful times right now. i can't imagine how helpless they both feel. life is hard sometimes.

some close friends are going through some awful times right now. i can't imagine how helpless they both feel. life is hard sometimes.
My stock answer when someone asks me how I'm doing is "I could be a lot worse", because I know damned well that I could. Best wishes to your friends, brother.

Left my lunch in the work fridge. Won’t be back in the office until next week! 😭

I just wasted 10 minutes of my life in the Bryson thread. :rolleyes:
Careful, if you spend too much time rolling your eyes in there, they can get stuck like that!

Careful, if you spend too much time rolling your eyes in there, they can get stuck like that!
Well I learned if you get big or have a big butt you must be juicing..:ROFLMAO:

I've worked hard this last year to get better at golf. I have really improved overall, now with the baby due Monday, I'm worried it's gonna all go away! That's a very selfish rant...I know.

I just love when work decides to schedule things at the last moment and then at odd times.

I hate that the Army's default so often is obviously you must have a stay at home spouse to take care of the kids. Nope, nope nope. Use the training calendar people it's not that hard.

I've worked hard this last year to get better at golf. I have really improved overall, now with the baby due Monday, I'm worried it's gonna all go away! That's a very selfish rant...I know.
FWIW, that work sticks around. You might not be as good as you were at the end, but you can still be better than you were at the start of the journey.

Don't worry too much. You have a future golf partner.

I made that trade and would make it again in a heartbeat, ignoring for a moment that I didn't have to give up all that much in the way of gains. Before you know it, JBC IV will be able to come along on Saturday late afternoons on the course. Those were some of the best times ever with my son, and as he has a 3 year old and a 1 year old crimping his golf game, I know his FIL and I are glad he';s choosing the way he is as much as we'd love to get them all out on the course.

God dammit, my youngest lad has just tested positive for Covid, self isolation now begins. Going to be a boring 2 weeks, wonder how much back garden golf swings I can do

Edit - Just found out we are not even allowed out into the garden either

Last edited:
God dammit, my youngest lad has just tested positive for Covid, self isolation now begins. Going to be a boring 2 weeks, wonder how much back garden golf swings I can do

Edit - Just found out we are not even allowed out into the garden either
Crap, sorry.

What a week-- started with a positive test for one of the guys who works in my department, which then turned into the realization that 50% of the department got together for a "social gathering" two days prior. Immediate lockdown for the department, sending everyone to work from home in an environment not made for working outside the office. Fast forward to today and I just got my 6th positive test result back-- with 4 more outstanding that are assumed positives based on symptoms. The last 10 days have been beyond draining working 16-17 hour days.....Over the pandemic!

Some of it is going to go away. It’s a small price to pay for being a dad. The golf good news is that you can get that skill back later, it is not gone forever

What a week-- started with a positive test for one of the guys who works in my department, which then turned into the realization that 50% of the department got together for a "social gathering" two days prior. Immediate lockdown for the department, sending everyone to work from home in an environment not made for working outside the office. Fast forward to today and I just got my 6th positive test result back-- with 4 more outstanding that are assumed positives based on symptoms. The last 10 days have been beyond draining working 16-17 hour days.....Over the pandemic!

Damn dude that sucks-
Hope everyone comes out of it ok, not that it helps you with the workload

Thanks,

I have just been tested too as been up all night with a raging temperature, headache and the shivers

Sorry to hear that. I wish you the best.

Back