Official Rant of the Day

The plasterers were supposed to start today on our extension, but due to some problems yesterday, the boards weren't finished so the plastering has been delayed until tomorrow now, and we have had to push the kitchen delivery back by a day

On a more positive note, the plasterers were able to prep the area this afternoon, so they can crack on tomorrow morning when they get here at about 8am

I hate packing. Vacation should include all new stuff waiting when you get there.

Looks like they are ready to go on their adventure. 4E8CC9D5-5D9D-44F2-840D-BB43F773168C.jpeg

Bars all closed at the airport. Who the heck flys without a double shot first?

close friends are still dealing with a painful reality that will affect the rest of their lives but could be much much worse. they have a great support system around them if they choose to use it. but my heart breaks for their family.

Last round I had scheduled was this past Saturday. Supposed to be in the mid 60's. It got that warm. But, sustained winds of 30mph gusting up to 50mph said I better stay home. Was eyeing down a cold round this Saturday since it was supposed to be in the mid 40's (warmest day over the next two weeks). Just looked at the forecast and they are predicting snow now that day. I love fall golf. I hate that it only seems to last two weeks.

I really need to find a new tire guy.
After breaking 2 wheel studs on my car this week, the jerk broke another one off on my wife's car tonight.
Does all the work in my garage, uses my tools, doesn't put anything away afterwards.
He works fast, whenever it fits into my schedule, and doesn't charge a dime.

Man it was a sick feeling when I broke the studs off......

Luckily work fixes all my automotive stuff for the cost of the parts. Labor is all students and instructors.

I am taking delivery of the Trex decking on 10/29 and starting install 10/31. Wife wants to have a Halloween party 10/31. Not sure how that’s going to work.

Bars all closed at the airport. Who the heck flys without a double shot first?

I’m sure every state has their own rules on airports bars/restaurants. Bars were open at the Minneapolis Airport on Wednesday and Delta was serving beer/wine on the flight.

I am taking delivery of the Trex decking on 10/29 and starting install 10/31. Wife wants to have a Halloween party 10/31. Not sure how that’s going to work.
Better work fast.

I've worked hard this last year to get better at golf. I have really improved overall, now with the baby due Monday, I'm worried it's gonna all go away! That's a very selfish rant...I know.
Nah you'll be fine. I've found that my good rounds aren't any worse than they used to be, they just occur less often.
Being a dad is amazing and more rewarding than a golf score.

Thanks,

I have just been tested too as been up all night with a raging temperature, headache and the shivers
Dude that sucks, DO NOT TAKE IBUPROFEN. I was told by my best friend a respiratory Therapist they think it accelerates the virus.
Which was funny because that is what my Dr told me to take. My best friend has been venting people since this who **** show started so I choose to listen to him.

Hope you feel better I know it was a long 3 weeks when I had Covid.

Hang in there and drink lots of fluids.

I really need to find a new tire guy.
After breaking 2 wheel studs on my car this week, the jerk broke another one off on my wife's car tonight.
Does all the work in my garage, uses my tools, ...
Maybe you should buy your tire guy a good torque wrench ;)

(And mebbe a tube of anti-seize, but there are differing opinions on that score.)

Maybe you should buy your tire guy a good torque wrench ;)

(And mebbe a tube of anti-seize, but there are differing opinions on that score.)
I have a good torque wrench lol.

All three were cross threaded, I chalk it up to just ramming them on with my impact.

Last time I did them I was in a rush and used my impact for the entire process. Last time I do that.

Dude that sucks, DO NOT TAKE IBUPROFEN. I was told by my best friend a respiratory Therapist they think it accelerates the virus.
Which was funny because that is what my Dr told me to take. My best friend has been venting people since this who **** show started so I choose to listen to him.

Hope you feel better I know it was a long 3 weeks when I had Covid.

Hang in there and drink lots of fluids.

Thanks, been taking paracetamol

My test results have confirmed I have it, dont feel too bad today

removed due to racial commentary and slurs

Last edited by a moderator:
i hate overtime...any of it.

The plasterers were supposed to start today on our extension, but due to some problems yesterday, the boards weren't finished so the plastering has been delayed until tomorrow now, and we have had to push the kitchen delivery back by a day

On a more positive note, the plasterers were able to prep the area this afternoon, so they can crack on tomorrow morning when they get here at about 8am

It is a brave man indeed who tempts fate by using "plasterers" and "crack" in the same sentence.

Thanks, been taking paracetamol

My test results have confirmed I have it, dont feel too bad today
Take care of yourself. Sounds like you are on the mend.

We have edited this post due to the racial slurs.

Based on the past political commentary and the continued with this, we are kindly asking to try and stay more on the positive side rather than head down the path further. Thank you.

Why is there always someone who doesn't understand the one line serving three checkouts concept, and thinks he can get in line behind one of the checkouts, ignoring the line of ten people standing right in front of him? I felt like Jean Shepherd in A Christmas Story telling Ralphie, "The line ENDS here . . ." except Ralphie understood what he was told.

Reactions: JB
It's getting harder and harder to get my diabetic supplies. :cry:
Society is trying to do me in. (n)(n)(n)

It's getting harder and harder to get my diabetic supplies. :cry:
Society is trying to do me in. (n)(n)(n)

Which ones? Not that it's any consolation, but the global supply chain is FUBAR these days. One big thing that has happened is that in order to conserve cash, companies cut back by purchasing fewer raw materials than the forecasts were telling them. Run out if the economy rebounds, and the corporate wisdom by those who get to make those calls without having to answer for them is, "Let's hope that happens, because it's a nice problem to have." It's nice until it's a critical product. There are going to be a lot more in-region suppliers in the B2B world in at most two years, especially for critical/strategic items like pharma/PPE defense components. There's just too much uncertainty for most businesses to do otherwise.

I hope it works out for you.

Which ones? Not that it's any consolation, but the global supply chain is FUBAR these days. One big thing that has happened is that in order to conserve cash, companies cut back by purchasing fewer raw materials than the forecasts were telling them. Run out if the economy rebounds, and the corporate wisdom by those who get to make those calls without having to answer for them is, "Let's hope that happens, because it's a nice problem to have." It's nice until it's a critical product. There are going to be a lot more in-region suppliers in the B2B world in at most two years, especially for critical/strategic items like pharma/PPE defense components. There's just too much uncertainty for most businesses to do otherwise.

I hope it works out for you.
Right now, blood glucose testing strips.
This ain't America.

Went to a nearby course to hit a bucket at their driving range. Was informed it was closed for the season as of yesterday :(

It seems leaves are a problem for the machine that gathers the balls.

Back