Official Rant of the Day

72 degrees today here in upstate NY and my birthday to boot and I'm stuck in the office having to get something done by 5. Missed a great day for golf here. But, as my boss will tell me frequently all the work keeps you employed. I am going to play on Sunday when the temperature will be in the high 40s.
Well either way I’d like to wish you a happy birthday.

Overly sensitive people? What the hell happened that folks are always offended in this country? Is it a fad? What am I missing?

You are in the belly of the beast in the Bay Area. We spent two decades in Northern California and are super happy that we got out of there two years ago however, I do miss the weather right now, lol.

A quote from Victor Davis Hanson sums up what happened:

“The woke but godless, the arrogant but ignorant, the violent but physically unimpressive, the degreed but poorly educated, the broke but acquisitive, the ambitious but stalled — these are history’s ingredients of riot and revolution.”

You are in the belly of the beast in the Bay Area. We spent two decades in Northern California and are super happy that we left two years ago.

A quote from Victor Davis Hanson sums up what happened:

“The woke but godless, the arrogant but ignorant, the violent but physically unimpressive, the degreed but poorly educated, the broke but acquisitive, the ambitious but stalled — these are history’s ingredients of riot and revolution.”
Unfortunately it’s not just here in sensitive central. It has spread, it’s kind of alarming.

Overly sensitive people? What the hell happened that folks are always offended in this country? Is it a fad? What am I missing?
I have a theory on this. Many people actually feel morally superior to others when they are offended. This "high" of feeling that they are better than others actually brings them to the point of enjoying being offended and their day seems empty if they are not.

I have a theory on this. Many people actually feel morally superior to others when they are offended. This "high" of feeling that they are better than others actually brings them to the point of enjoying being offended and their day seems empty if they are not.
:ROFLMAO: That actually kind of fits. Sensitive people didn’t survive in our household. If you didn’t like it you just moved on and let it go. Now we have bathrooms that are confusing , should I be offended? :ROFLMAO:

Unfortunately it’s not just here in sensitive central. It has spread, it’s kind of alarming.

It's definitely here in good old Minneapolis and it's very alarming. I'm looking forward to spending much of our time in rural northern MN after my daughter graduates in 2.5 years. I can bury my head in the sand and pretend everything is normal when I'm up there because almost nobody is offended about anything other than maybe someones boat stereo being too loud or fireworks on the lake several nights a week that are scaring their dogs. ;)

Last edited:
I really, really need to order a personalized license plate that reads RTFM. I just have to come up with a false meaning to get it past the MTO.

Spent 2+ hours today trying to figure out how to save as much of a guy's work as possible because he didn't feel the need to read the instructions first. I should have just thrown up my hands and said "rip it all out and start over"

I really, really need to order a personalized license plate that reads RTFM. I just have to come up with a false meaning to get it past the MTO.

Spent 2+ hours today trying to figure out how to save as much of a guy's work as possible because he didn't feel the need to read the instructions first. I should have just thrown up my hands and said "rip it all out and start over"

Round Table For Men?
Record Tarpon Fishing Memory?
Real Tinkers Fix Messes?

When I taught SAT prep classes, it was RTFQ, which I throttled back to "Read the FULL question."

Nothing says awesome like 4 middle aged women getting hammered on a flight going to Vegas during a pandemic

Damn. I’m a middle aged single guy.

Translation: I need to make more flights to Vegas...

Get it on a birdwatchers plate:
Robin, toucan, finch, mockingbird

I was supposed to be done working at 5pm today, maybe earlier. Why am I still at my desk, exactly?! People can be so inconsiderate

I've worked hard this last year to get better at golf. I have really improved overall, now with the baby due Monday, I'm worried it's gonna all go away! That's a very selfish rant...I know.

There’s a simple solution in here so easy that even I figured it out.

Take the mini-you with you. My little guy (almost 9 now) has been on the course with me since he was 2 years old. I was sad to see him go to school, knowing that I’d miss time with him on the course.

OTOH, I’ve changed way more diapers on the course than I’d care to admit, lol.

Real Toupee (or Teeth), Fake Mustache

God dammit, my youngest lad has just tested positive for Covid, self isolation now begins. Going to be a boring 2 weeks, wonder how much back garden golf swings I can do

Edit - Just found out we are not even allowed out into the garden either

F that! If it’s your damn garden OUTSIDE no one can tell you that you can’t be out in it.

This is why I have a bunker. In fact I think I’m going to go do an inventory of supplies.

I’m going to be a baby and whine about the weather. Had 6-8” snow yesterday morning. Forecast tonight is 3-5” and then 3-5” tomorrow. Lows well below zero. Yeah, I pulled the skis out of storage and will likely tool around with some trail skiing. But I’m just not yet ready for winter. 🤬 I have unfinished golf business. For one I want to give the Zipcore tour tack wedge a more meaningful test. And I was playing so well. Just a couple more rounds! Blah ... Not in the cards.😭

Under filled aeration holes......that’s the rant

Oof. Just a crappy day today.

Round Table For Men?
Record Tarpon Fishing Memory?
Real Tinkers Fix Messes?

When I taught SAT prep classes, it was RTFQ, which I throttled back to "Read the FULL question."
I could use one of these.... nice work!

Damn. I’m a middle aged single guy.

Translation: I need to make more flights to Vegas...
Please define "middle aged" for both sexes. I'm guessing the female number will be lower than the male number :ROFLMAO:

I’m going to be a baby and whine about the weather. Had 6-8” snow yesterday morning. Forecast tonight is 3-5” and then 3-5” tomorrow. Lows well below zero. Yeah, I pulled the skis out of storage and will likely tool around with some trail skiing. But I’m just not yet ready for winter. 🤬 I have unfinished golf business. For one I want to give the Zipcore tour tack wedge a more meaningful test. And I was playing so well. Just a couple more rounds! Blah ... Not in the cards.😭
That math sucks.....

Beautiful golf weather and a low back that won't let you swing a club. That is all I'm going to say about today.

Rough day in our family today. We woke up to our dog having issues and then my dad sent a text that he lost his taste and smell. Earlier this week he had a fever and chills so I'm sure it's Covid. He had lung and heart issues as well as diabetes so I'm praying this passes ok.

Rough day in our family today. We woke up to our dog having issues and then my dad sent a text that he lost his taste and smell. Earlier this week he had a fever and chills so I'm sure it's Covid. He had lung and heart issues as well as diabetes so I'm praying this passes ok.
Hoping for the best Kev.

Reactions: KEV
The brighter green grass was a practice green in progress. Not in the picture are signs saying to stay off the new grass. Just left of the new grass is plenty of fairway type grass to hit off.

This was the second attempt to build these extra practice greens. Probably the last attempt this year.

There were 4 more just like this one in progress with the same divot damage.

Just owning a set of clubs doesn't make every owner of those club 20201024_104623.jpga golfer.

Back