Official Rant of the Day

I washed my truck this afternoon since the weather was nice. Why did I want a truck with so much chrome? :banghead:

Rough day in our family today. We woke up to our dog having issues and then my dad sent a text that he lost his taste and smell. Earlier this week he had a fever and chills so I'm sure it's Covid. He had lung and heart issues as well as diabetes so I'm praying this passes ok.

sending prayers

Reactions: KEV
Rough day in our family today. We woke up to our dog having issues and then my dad sent a text that he lost his taste and smell. Earlier this week he had a fever and chills so I'm sure it's Covid. He had lung and heart issues as well as diabetes so I'm praying this passes ok.

Hoping for the best on all fronts my man.

A neighborhood cat ended up on my lawn this morning, with it's head stuck in a chunk of lattice that it was dragging around with it.
Managed to grab a hold of the chunk of fence and cut the cat free, but he was looking pretty bad.
Face and nose all scraped up, it would start to run off and get it's feet caught and go down hard.

Hopefully it will be ok. Took off like a shot as soon as I cut the fence off it. A shame a random chunk of junk could cause such pain to the thing.

Prayers for you and your family.

Thoughts and prayers for your dad.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This pretty much perfectly explains how my Monday has gone so far.

2nd rant of the day, played Sat and Sun after a 2 week layoff. Felt pretty good both days, today can hardly walk. Right knee is not good, it has been acting up since just before the layoff but I hoped the rest would help...nope.
Looks like a scoping at the least is in my future, must have some cartilage damage that is rearing its head and the golf season is just about the start down here.

2nd rant of the day, played Sat and Sun after a 2 week layoff. Felt pretty good both days, today can hardly walk. Right knee is not good, it has been acting up since just before the layoff but I hoped the rest would help...nope.
Looks like a scoping at the least is in my future, must have some cartilage damage that is rearing its head and the golf season is just about the start down here.
That doesn't sound good Jim.

Power steering leak on my 2006 Lacrosse got way worse recently - took it to the shop Saturday, seals are gone on the pump and the rack & pinion. Do I put $1500 into a car worth less? Heck, yeah, the car is still really nice and makes a great work car. All day job, so I took it back Sunday night for them to work on today (Monday). And of course they didn't finish today, so Mrs. SAM gets to get up at 6 AM again tomorrow to drive me in to work.

Power steering leak on my 2006 Lacrosse got way worse recently - took it to the shop Saturday, seals are gone on the pump and the rack & pinion. Do I put $1500 into a car worth less? Heck, yeah, the car is still really nice and makes a great work car. All day job, so I took it back Sunday night for them to work on today (Monday). And of course they didn't finish today, so Mrs. SAM gets to get up at 6 AM again tomorrow to drive me in to work.

I subscribe to the car payment theory. $1500 is roughly three car payments, so if the repairs mean the car lasts another six months, I’d repair it.

I subscribe to the car payment theory. $1500 is roughly three car payments, so if the repairs mean the car lasts another six months, I’d repair it.

that’s where we are with my wife’s car. i’m putting about $1,500 into it tomorrow. but if that means it will last a few more years, it’s a no brainer. my goal is to buy her something else in a couple years and take her car. i barely drive 8k miles a year, i don’t need anything super nice.

2AM feedings! That is all.

The realization that snow days will never be the same for kids after this year. Distance Learning means no days off, which is good, but kids need to be kids too.

I didn’t want to go here for several reasons, mostly my mental health, but I can’t take it. The frustration and flat out disappointment is a bit overwhelming at the same time.
A week ago, I had an elective rotator cuff repair which turned out to include a biceps tear as well.... been having issues with managing my pain and impossible to get back into see the surgeon due to COVID related schedule. Finally speak to office staff and there resolution was to prescribe more narcotics....
Ignoring the fact that I’ve been clear that opioid based meds were impacting my ability to breathe....
They claim it’s partially due to the sling I’m wearing and that changing to a different drug is a reasonable response.
Needless to say I’m not buying it and will manage without prescription meds.
Am hoping I can get sutures out Monday and start the long road back....
My regret thus far is the fact that I can’t and won’t be able to swing a golf club for several months!

Rant over... moving on tomorrow will be better than today!
Hope you're feeling better

F that! If it’s your damn garden OUTSIDE no one can tell you that you can’t be out in it.

This is why I have a bunker. In fact I think I’m going to go do an inventory of supplies.
Notice his location.... UK... things are different outside the US for Covid precautions. Heck, things are different IN the US for Covid precautions.:confused2:

Not busting your chops @Smiter or anything like that. I know I'd want to be the same way. "It's my garden, you can't tell me where to go"

Fingers crossed here pards.

Hmm. It seems that all I've ever got for ranting is work stuff. I won't bore you with the gory details. Suffice it to say, it sucks.:(

We are now on day 4 waiting for Covid test results to come back for our 4 year old. She developed a cough due to congestion, but since a cough is a covid symptom, none of our kids can go back to school until we get a negative test back. She doesn’t even have the cough now.

I‘m so agitated because our highly paid professional sports can get thousands of tests and results immediately, yet the average Joe cannot get a freaking test back in a reasonable Time. Screw this.

Small rant.

If you have an interview, can get passed the recruiter, don't you think showing up for the one with the hiring manager would be in your best interest?

Had two no shows now, makes me wonder WTF HR is doing vetting candidates.

Small rant.

If you have an interview, can get passed the recruiter, don't you think showing up for the one with the hiring manager would be in your best interest?

Had two no shows now, makes me wonder WTF HR is doing vetting candidates.
Welcome to the new world of hiring.

In defense of the candidates, businesses have been rude for so many years by not even doing something as simple as even acknowledging a resume or job application has been received. Now candidates are turning the tides on businesses. Hopefully both sides will learn from it and hiring processes can be improved.

In defense of the candidates, businesses have been rude for so many years by not even doing something as simple as even acknowledging a resume or job application has been received. Now candidates are turning the tides on businesses. Hopefully both sides will learn from it and hiring processes can be improved.

I see that, I hope nothing happened to them first of all. But my industry is relatively small and most people know or know someone who can refer or mention, if any of my connections reach out and ask, I would say ________________ no showed in an interview not the best experience with them.

Aside from pissing people off on the internet:LOL::LOL::LOL:, my goal is to always have as many positive references as possible.

Now on generator power, and propane tank has 27%, wish us luck that the temp can break freezing today.

Or things like interview followup by the employer.

Or the way employers game the salary discussion.

Props to the under 35 set for realizing they don’t have to put up with these kinds of behaviors from (prospective) employers - and act on it.

Back